PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any hope for an expanded ps now that includes Australia to launch alongside the ps5?

I'd be shocked if Sony didn't announce something to compete with the xbox games pass.

I think so.

Read a while a back that Australias internet infrastructure wasn't stable enough but with majority of Australains now having access to NBN i can see PS now coming.
Hmm it depends. NBN can be quite polarising. Someone may have good connection with it, another might have a crap connection.

I have fiber but I still don't have the stable connection to even do Share Play on PS4.

PS now is a streaming service yeah?

Nah * that s**t off Sony and get with the times. Sony Game Pass just like xbox please. Downloadable games for you too keep as long as you subscribe. Simples.

PS now is a streaming service yeah?

Nah fu** that sh*t off Sony and get with the times. Sony Game Pass just like xbox please. Downloadable games for you too keep as long as you subscribe. Simples.
It's streaming which turned into downloads as well in the US. It's insane they haven't offered it here to be honest just for downloading.

Surely it won't be that low. I would have thought 499 & 399 the best deal we could possibly get unless the PS5 overall performance is significantly under powered with the XBSX and 3rd party titles aren't as good.

With Sony so far in front and enough people will trust them that i wouldn't be surprised if they go a bit higher to pocket some cash when initial pre-order demand is strong and then cut the price 6 months later if they are losing ground. Keep releasing great exclusive games and the performance difference or price won't matter.
Yeah, I find the pricing hard to believe...I just can't see how they will be cheaper than XSX but hopefully, we'll have all the answers tomorrow morning!

Agree 399 for digital seems way too good.

My two guesses are.
Parity with the Xbox at 499 and 449
Or
549 and 499 where they can say they match Microsoft with price but gain extra coin from their larger loyalist fan base.

PS5 hard drive sounds very expensive to make

My two guesses are.
Or
549 and 499 where they can say they match Microsoft with price but gain extra coin from their larger loyalist fan base.

I heard somewhere the cost to manufacture was $475.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“While we do not release details related to manufacturing, the information provided by Bloomberg is false," the statement reads.

"We have not changed the production number for PlayStation 5 since the start of mass production."

Just something to consider with PS5 manufacturing and cost, what might be a loss now could be a profit in 1-2 years as the parts get cheaper.
Pretty much the case with all new console launches.

They're sold at a loss and require game pass/ps plus/games to make a profit.

Pretty much the case with all new console launches.

They're sold at a loss and require game pass/ps plus/games to make a profit.
Pretty sure Sony have the same deal as Apple with purchases made through their App Store. 30% of all microtransactions go to Sony. This is where a huge % of their income comes from. Market share is the main priority for these consoles, selling at a loss per unit is easily made up over the 7ish-year lifespan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My two guesses are.
Or

I'm still thinking they would rather place a 399 & 549 gap than let Xbox take all of the low ground if they can't afford to drop as much. $50 US doesn't seem enough to have bothered with the extra expense of having two versions.

If it's not too hard, they should do a baller move and release a 1.6T internal HD version for $700 US. Maybe that's why it's so massive, so they can fit extra stuff in.

Anyone stupid enough to get up early this morning?

$499 USD main
$399 USD digital

Think it said Nov 12 for us?
I did and new God of War made me jizz in my pants.

Nov 12 for Aus.

Really nice collection if you don’t already have some of these games already.

Sony is now introducing the PlayStation Plus Collection - a benefit for Plus subscribers. We’re seeing a selection of PS4 greatest hits - Monster Hunter World, God of War, Infamous Second Son, Batman Arkham Knight, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us Remastered, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Uncharted 5, loads more. If you buy a PS5 then you get access to all of them, day one, to download. Not bad.

Anyone stupid enough to get up early this morning?

$499 USD main
$399 USD digital

Think it said Nov 12 for us?

That’s right. Australia was in the November 12th section.

399 is a good value for DE, dropping the disk drive is like a $20 part.
Probably making a loss on the DE, seems like they want to be competitive to the seriesS price point

Although I have gone full digital since PS4, I’ll be buying the disc version. IMO,better to have a UHD drive in case I look to upgrade my TV in the future than not have the option at all.

Exactly 8 weeks to find $750*

I have planned for it the last 2-3 years. For my every Birthday and Christmas I have only asked for JBHIFI gift cards. Accumulated $600 worth right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back