News Police probe tiger over topless photo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does not answer my question. The police investigation in this case was commenced despite the victim not wanting one. The police investigation was supposedly stopped because the victim did not want it to go ahead. That in itself does not make any sense. I understand that all investigations do not go on to charges but that is another matter. There is something that isn't quite right about the whole thing. That and the fact that police have stated that they could reopen the case. Why in the hell would they do that? Why would they waste tax payers money reopening a case they pulled out of themselves? Maybe they could actually go after real criminals FFS.

WELL, work it out. Perhaps the police think there is a good chance of a conviction.
I don't consider police investigating things, as per their job description, is a waste of taxpayers' dollars.
It seems you are only concerned as it shatters your myth that all Tiger players are actual saint and incapable of doing anything wrong, yet you are only capable of adulation. Sadly, like the rest of us, they **** up!
PS The police won't re-open this case and it will rest. That said if they wanted to convict they'd seem to have good grounds given player Broad has made admissions.

The other thing for me is that I look at players as part of the Richmond family. As part of the Richmond family I will protect them until I am 100% convinced they are guilty with no other explanation possible. Even 99% isn't enough. Just like I would my own family.

OK?

And therein lies your problem. They are like the rest of us and are a mix of d***heads, ripping blokes, arrogant knobs and some genuine fantastic souls.
may I ask how old you are???
My unabiding and unflinching love for Richmond footballers ceased when I was about 20 when I attended a few functions and some of them were pure tossers. Mind you I mixed socially and played summer sport with a bunch of North Melbourne footballers - and equal mix of tossers and some of the best blokes you'd ever meet.
I even cringed one night when a former Richmond footballer (we're talking over 150 games) actually said to a bloke who was trying to get him to leave his Mrs alone, those immortal words of 'Don't you know who I am?"
I know you'd defend that bloke which is your perogative, which is why you fail to accept that Broad actually f***** up, even thought he's made full admissions.

Personally, I don't find any of that problematic.

That the police _could_ reopen the investigation is just a statement of fact -- although my guess is that they probably wouldn't unless new evidence came to light (i.e. it was alleged that there were other photos/girls/occasions involved).

It appears it was the girl's family, not the girl, who went to police -- so it's not clear to me how much she wanted police involvement from the start. And if all they wanted was the image removed from the net, then the logical starting place for the police would be with the person alleged to have taken the photo. It's not necessary that wanting the photo removed entails wanting charges laid either.

I reckon you're looking for too much logical consistency in a situation which seems to me to involve a fair bit of human emotion and a legal system which doesn't always work logically.

Well spoken muz ... perfectly logical.
Though Ancient Tiger will accuse you of 'speculating' with that part in red, when you really need to be coming up with 'alternative theories' that have no basis.... as they are purely speculative.

And therein lies your problem. They are like the rest of us and are a mix of d***heads, ripping blokes, arrogant knobs and some genuine fantastic souls.
may I ask how old you are???
My unabiding and unflinching love for Richmond footballers ceased when I was about 20 when I attended a few functions and some of them were pure tossers. Mind you I mixed socially and played summer sport with a bunch of North Melbourne footballers - and equal mix of tossers and some of the best blokes you'd ever meet.
I even cringed one night when a former Richmond footballer (we're talking over 150 games) actually said to a bloke who was trying to get him to leave his Mrs alone, those immortal words of 'Don't you know who I am?"
I know you'd defend that bloke which is your perogative, which is why you fail to accept that Broad actually f***** up, even thought he's made full admissions.
Unless you watched the 1967 GF live of course you can say you are as old as me or older.

How contemptuous are you to think that I would not realise that just because they are Richmond players there are not a few tossers as well good blokes at the club? Really.

I also have said countless times that Broad did the wrong thing. However, those who want him put in the electric chair because of his stupid act are being ridiculous. He has paid a huge penalty. Much bigger than any of the intellectually challenged here and in the media could ever imagine. That is why I am defending him to an extent. That and because if I have family members who are tossers, I still stand by them. That's what a CLUB is. A family.

I’m literally not seeing a single person calling for a harsher penalty to be applied. Some are just speculating he could have had a harsher penalty applied if it went to court.

I feel undermined when I am accused of being a victim blamer when that is not the intent of my posting.

It may not have been your intention but it’s effectively the way you said it though. I haven’t been able to keep up with all (now) 88 pages of discussion but the post I originally quoted of yours wasn’t worded much better either, which is why I took issue with it.

I started by addressing the general tone in the thread from what I’d read.

I think the other thing is people don’t realize they are victim blaming a lot of the time when they do it, probably because they are still also blaming the person in the wrong.

When something like this happens and you’ve got a large community of people there are a range of responses. And there was a huge amount (especially at the start) of people asking why she even posed for the photo if she didn’t want it to get out, others saying she’s just a **** who wants attention and pretty much everything else imaginable. There wasn’t (and post admission from Broad) and still isn’t as much as there should be, just straight condemnation of Broad.

Hell. You’ve even got posters going on about conspiracies and cover ups now, admitting it’s cos they stand by Richmond players no matter what.

As I said earlier, when it’s on public forums it still leaves this culture of “boys will be boys” or “girls should realize this is going to happen” rather than making it socially unacceptable for this behaviour. I think this case has made the public far more aware of this issue, but you only have to read through the thread to see some of the backwards attitudes to a lot of this (not lumping you in with them FYI).

The other thing for me is that I look at players as part of the Richmond family. As part of the Richmond family I will protect them until I am 100% convinced they are guilty with no other explanation possible. Even 99% isn't enough. Just like I would my own family.

OK?

And here prodigy and everyone else who asked, 'why are we still discussing this' has their answer.
Because we have one lone wolf seemingly intent on accepting that a Richmond player plain f***** up and still can't accept thta fact, even though the player in question has admitted his part in the episode and above all else, admitted his guilt.
You can SPECULATE all you like about Human A or Human B stealing Broad's phone and sending the photo to Human C and Human D, or that Broad didn't even take the photo .... FACTS are he has admitted wrong doing and that's the end of it. If it wasn't Broad should be suing the Richmond Football Club for wrongful suspension.
The whole I'll protect anyone 100% because they are Richmond excuse is quite ordinary, but at least we now know why you are carrying on this pointless and unwinnable argument and why you continue to make yourself look silly. 100 per cent guilty ... you'll never be convinced becuase you keep tossing 'alternative theories' ou there that are mere deflections from what we know and what is truth!

I think you guys should definitely take this thread through till Feb.

The AFL do keep things moving in the off season, the draw, draft, rookie draft, free agency etc to remain in the news. This thread is doing it's bit.

In unrelated news the grand final was on foxtel yesterday

Everyone is free to think what they like, who cares what the next person thinks?
For me personally all it means to me is when I see Broad the first thing that’ll pop into my head is “yeah premiership player, probably a s**t bloke, but whatever”.
And that’ll be about it for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m literally not seeing a single person calling for a harsher penalty to be applied. Some are just speculating he could have had a harsher penalty applied if it went to court.

A complete and utter myth on his thread. Perpetual strawman arguments.

An important point is whether people think Broad is a campaigner of a bloke or a bloke who did a campaigner of a thing.
I think the latter.

He ****ed up. In this day and age he’s just very fortunate it didn’t go further. Its not what the club is about I’ve got no doubt he is feeling very s**t about it. I do feel for him but I feel for the woman more.

An important point is whether people think Broad is a campaigner of a bloke or a bloke who did a campaigner of a thing.
I think the latter.

I think the latter too ...... won't be the last footballer to make a similar mistake, albeit AFL footballers get more training in the do's and don't's of social media more than the rest of us.
To be honest, the club should have made him answer media questions instead of let him off the hook by reading a prepared statement and bolting. But I'm sure they didn't want him saying anything but the bare minimum.

I think the latter too ...... won't be the last footballer to make a similar mistake, albeit AFL footballers get more training in the do's and don't's of social media more than the rest of us.
To be honest, the club should have made him answer media questions instead of let him off the hook by reading a prepared statement and bolting. But I'm sure they didn't want him saying anything but the bare minimum.
Evidence suggests he can only handle the bare minimum

I reckon it’s probably a very easy topic to say the wrong thing. Would have been very easy to end up creating more controversy.

He ****** up. In this day and age he’s just very fortunate it didn’t go further. Its not what the club is about I’ve got no doubt he is feeling very s**t about it. I do feel for him but I feel for the woman more.
I shake my head in wonder if people can't agree 100% with that embolded sentence

I think the latter.

Dunno, I lean towards it being an act campaigners do. Not with malice as such, but just no concept or compassion for the other person involved.

Makes me think he’s a bit of a s**t bloke.

The AFL do keep things moving in the off season, the draw, draft, rookie draft, free agency etc to remain in the news. This thread is doing it's bit.

In unrelated news the grand final was on foxtel yesterday

Who Won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back