WADA compliant or break free

• Stick with WADA

Votes: 310 93.9%
  • Breakaway from WADA

Votes: 20 6.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Remind me if parents feel that way in the USA

umm yes, why do think there's been so many scandals in the US over the years have you heard of barry bonds?
the US sports comps were never part of WADA, the WADA code designed itself specifically off the NFL code of making individual athletes responsible for what they take. Which in turn was specifically designed that way to try to put an end to team level doping in high schools way back in the 1980's. the yanks have been one of the main drivers against the use of PED's in sports. One of the reasons WADA was set up was because of the corruption which has leaked into sports organisations. WADA is treated like a johnny come lately, by US sports for the most part.

you've been spending fair to much time on body building forums. Suggesting the failings of US drug codes are indicative of parents in the US not caring about injecting horse steroids into their children is insane. Barry Bonds is still fodder when discussing "Americas past time" have a look into US athletes and what happens to endorsements and sponsorships hit athletes, The *ers are ruthless, you don't cut ties with something thats popular, if nobody gave a s**t about drugs. FFS Derek Jeter was almost hounded out the MLB because of "rumours" of PED use that were never proven.

you couldn't be more wrong about how the average yank views drug in sport.

umm yes, why do think there's been so many scandals in the US over the years have you heard of barry bonds?
the US sports comps were never part of WADA, the WADA code designed itself specifically off the NFL code of making individual athletes responsible for what they take. Which in turn was specifically designed that way to try to put an end to team level doping in high schools way back in the 1980's. the yanks have been one of the main drivers against the use of PED's in sports. One of the reasons WADA was set up was because of the corruption which has leaked into sports organisations. WADA is treated like a johnny come lately, by US sports for the most part.

you've been spending fair to much time on body building forums. Suggesting the failings of US drug codes are indicative of parents in the US not caring about injecting horse steroids into their children is insane. Barry Bonds is still fodder when discussing "Americas past time" have a look into US athletes and what happens to endorsements and sponsorships hit athletes, The gooses are ruthless, you don't cut ties with something thats popular, if nobody gave a s**t about drugs. FFS Derek Jeter was almost hounded out the MLB because of "rumours" of PED use that were never proven.

you couldn't be more wrong about how the average yank views drug in sport.

I was responding to how you claimed parents would drop the sport, I was stating the NFL hasn't lost support although there are well known drug breaches with their sport. Is that not correct?

I was responding to how you claimed parents would drop the sport, I was stating the NFL hasn't lost support although there are well known drug breaches with their sport. Is that not correct?

context is an important thing here: For one the NFL is not a free for all, far from it. For all the talk about NFL PED's they actually enforce their code they suspend players, they don't rug sweep, why they went through a period of doing exactly that and it damaged the reputation of the league. one that seeing as even your aware of it. still has a lasting image problem to this day.

Also there has been no split with teams leaving the league over drugs. i never said people would leave Australian football, i said in the situation where teams within the AFL are split over joining a ped endorsed comp (your wet dream) or continuing with WADA, that the public would overwhelmingly back the league that's seen as clean.

the simple fact is most tier one comps went through an era of roiding up without hesitation, it was called the 70's, Leagues sure as s**t didn't act because they give a s**t about health and safety, it was because of the backlash from the public. Your scenario has already played out. PED boy's lost and have to hide in closets.

context is an important thing here: For one the NFL is not a free for all, far from it. For all the talk about NFL PED's they actually enforce their code they suspend players, they don't rug sweep, why they went through a period of doing exactly that and it damaged the reputation of the league. one that seeing as even your aware of it. still has a lasting image problem to this day.

Also there has been no split with teams leaving the league over drugs. i never said people would leave Australian football, i said in the situation where teams within the AFL are split over joining a ped endorsed comp (your wet dream) or continuing with WADA, that the public would overwhelmingly back the league that's seen as clean.

the simple fact is most tier one comps went through an era of roiding up without hesitation, it was called the 70's, Leagues sure as s**t didn't act because they give a s**t about health and safety, it was because of the backlash from the public. Your scenario has already played out. PED boy's lost and have to hide in closets.
Without peds,there is no NFL.
Same with NBL or MLB.
Ok,they may have cleaned up baseball slightly,but these sports have humans that no longer represent humanity.
They are walking enhancements.
Professional attitude to training will only get you so far.
They basically do what they can as window dressing to appear to be doing something.
Smoke and mirrors.

Your comment was Mums and Dads would not support a sport that was drug riddled, my comment was they do in the USA dont tell me the NFL,NBA have control, which is what you have quoted

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...problem-how-the-leagues-drug-policy-is-broken

http://www.ibtimes.com/bulls’-derrick-rose-nba-has-steroids-problem-644189

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/1/4290172/hgh-use-rampant-nfl

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/08/fo...-eddie-george-steroids-very-rampant-nfl-today

Former Tennessee running back Eddie George told SI Now on Thursday he believes PEDs are 'very rampant' in the NFL today, and said he was approached about using steroids in the wake of a toe injury during the 2000 season.
"I think it's very rampant," George said when asked how widespread he believes PEDs are in the NFL. "I think it’s very prevalent. I mean it’s tough for me to put my mind around somebody that can come back from an injury that takes typically a year to heal from totally in three, four months."

Greg Hardy nearly beat a woman to death and got like, 4 games. You're right the NFL doesn't rug sweep, they just don't give a s**t. It pretty much takes a Ray Rice moment, horrifying public violence for them to do anything. The weird thing is NFL players manage to get in trouble for Marijuana all the time, yet with PEDs? Nada. Barely anything, yet Adrian Peterson can come back from an ACL in 8 months and be an even better player than before, no way is that possible without drugs.

Same with NBL or MLB.
Ok,they may have cleaned up baseball slightly,but these sports have humans that no longer represent humanity.
They basically do what they can as window dressing to appear to be doing something.
Smoke and mirrors.

so course there's ped use, there's ped use in all sports, no sport is clean. but pretending the american sports are open slather is insane, nobody "feels for the players" that are caught in the states.

Your comment was Mums and Dads would not support a sport that was drug riddled, my comment was they do in the USA dont tell me the NFL,NBA have control, which is what you have quoted

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...problem-how-the-leagues-drug-policy-is-broken

http://www.ibtimes.com/bulls’-derrick-rose-nba-has-steroids-problem-644189

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/1/4290172/hgh-use-rampant-nfl

yes because players take PEDs it means parents support the use of PED's :drunk:
there's just as many users in our sports, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.
the fact is the US sports its a big issue, its tackled head on. So much so that no player that has a stand out year can escape the inevitable "is it drugs" articles. the US has suspended far more players then we have, the have out of season testing and they do it all without an international body needing to make sure they actually suspend drug cheats.

the US has problems with drugs, they label it a problem THEY SUSPEND PLAYERS. here our leagues had to be forced by the government to adopt an international policy because they wouldn't and couldn't run one themselves. Here we pretend its not happening and rug sweep, treat every conviction as an anomaly a one off and nobody else would do it. The one time systemic drug use is uncovered it comes from an investigation from organised crime and the AFL bends over backwards to try and cover it up.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/08/fo...-eddie-george-steroids-very-rampant-nfl-today

Former Tennessee running back Eddie George told SI Now on Thursday he believes PEDs are 'very rampant' in the NFL today, and said he was approached about using steroids in the wake of a toe injury during the 2000 season.
"I think it's very rampant," George said when asked how widespread he believes PEDs are in the NFL. "I think it’s very prevalent. I mean it’s tough for me to put my mind around somebody that can come back from an injury that takes typically a year to heal from totally in three, four months."

Greg Hardy nearly beat a woman to death and got like, 4 games. You're right the NFL doesn't rug sweep, they just don't give a s**t. It pretty much takes a Ray Rice moment, horrifying public violence for them to do anything. The weird thing is NFL players manage to get in trouble for Marijuana all the time, yet with PEDs? Nada. Barely anything, yet Adrian Peterson can come back from an ACL in 8 months and be an even better player than before, no way is that possible without drugs.

13 NFL players suspend for PED use in 2014 alone. I'm not claiming there is no problem with drug use in NFL. im disputing the ridiculous claims that mums and dad's are happy to line up at the local clinic and shoot s**t into their kids arms just to make the draft. the idea that the US sports don't care about PED use when players are routinely suspended for PED use makes no sense. it follow's the same *ed logic that the EPL is clean because no one in the EPL has been suspend while playing in the EPL.

essendon is a great example of just how hard it is to get a positive test, 30 tests during a time where 98% of players were involved in a systematic drug club level drug program. number of positive tests? 0 all on a budget that most star athletes in the US can afford out of their own pockets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so course there's ped use, there's ped use in all sports, no sport is clean. but pretending the american sports are open slather is insane, nobody "feels for the players" that are caught in the states.
But they sure as hell 'buy' the guys jersey and celebrate his inhuman sporting efforts regardless.
I'm not saying they feel anything,they simply don't care until said player is caught!.
We celebrate cheats every day.
And will continue to.
We're stoopid.
Edit:most efc supporters don't care about Jobes drug use.
They support him keeping his disturbingly tainted Brownlow.
Best and (lol) fairest.

Last edited:
But they sure as hell 'buy' the guys jersey and celebrate his inhuman sporting efforts regardless.
I'm not saying they feel anything,they simply don't care until said player is caught!.
We celebrate cheats every day.
And will continue to.
We're stoopid.
Edit:most efc supporters don't care about Jobes drug use.
They support him keeping his disturbingly tainted Brownlow.
Best and (lol) fairest.

Welcome to 2016 Sydney Bloods will start to realise its not just performance enhancing drugs that are slowly being accepted in society, but recreational drugs are becomoing more and more accepted. People are actually defending Carlisle's bender not coming down with a zero tolerance. Personally I see drugs that create a fitter stronger human being as less of a risk, but thats just my opinion. Like I said Ive dabbled in all, would never do steroids again the risks were harsh and too great, have read a bit about PED's spme good and bad but havent tried them (yet) have settled on some other supplements. I probably see it less harmfull than say a steroid injection of cortisone which appears as accepted as a cold and flu tablet which even has its risks.

Drugs whether they be Rec or performance enhancing and being more and more accepted by society simple fact of life, get used to it!

Welcome to 2016 Sydney Bloods will start to realise its not just performance enhancing drugs that are slowly being accepted in society, but recreational drugs are becomoing more and more accepted. People are actually defending Carlisle's bender not coming down with a zero tolerance. Personally I see drugs that create a fitter stronger human being as less of a risk, but thats just my opinion. Like I said Ive dabbled in all, would never do steroids again the risks were harsh and too great, have read a bit about PED's spme good and bad but havent tried them (yet) have settled on some other supplements. I probably see it less harmfull than say a steroid injection of cortisone which appears as accepted as a cold and flu tablet which even has its risks.

Drugs whether they be Rec or performance enhancing and being more and more accepted by society simple fact of life, get used to it!
Don't you get tired of spewing this tosh? Lumping recreational drugs in with PED's is just a poor argument. We don't like cheats. PED users are cheats.

Perhaps you should go youtube some bodybuilding... you know, oiled up men in g-strings prancing around... sport.

Don't you get tired of spewing this tosh? Lumping recreational drugs in with PED's is just a poor argument. We don't like cheats. PED users are cheats.

Perhaps you should go youtube some bodybuilding... you know, oiled up men in g-strings prancing around... sport.

???? The discussion is about how USA sports arent in the WADA code, I said it doesnt affect the following by parents of the sport as the majority of the athletes take performance enhancing drugs, which is probably evident in todays society that drugs whether they be recereational or performance enhancing are becoming more and more accepted, as was evident in the fact Carlisle wasnt a huge a huge concern yet Saad drinking a sports drink witha banned subsbtance in it was. In terms of health I would say in those instances the rec drug would have had fair greater health consequences.

The fact of teh matter is drugs in society are becoming more and more accepted, a few have issues with performance drugs as it gives an advantage as they make you stronger and fitter but the health consequences can be far less reaching than rec drugs in particular circumtsances.

You say you dont like cheats, why not allow performance enhancing drugs available to all then, give the athlete a choice?

You say you dont like cheats, why not allow performance enhancing drugs available to all then, give the athlete a choice?
It's a vacuous argument.

These are men at the height of fitness (AFL footballers). Pumping fit men full of PED's when there have never been any human trials, and possibly very few animal trials, when you don't know what the side effects are is moronic. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. Mornonic.

Forcing players to risk their health just so they can compete with morons is just dumb.

My first thought was that I'd follow my club wherever it played. But if the AFL actually split over this I don't think I'd have the heart to follow the non-WADA league, even if North was in it. Won't happen, but in the hypothetical wash up, I'd be out.

I'd be out as soon as the Hawks stop winning premierships ;) So I'd probably stick around forever :p

Why is this even a question? Consider this;
  1. Do the AFL really want to pay for their own anti-doping regime
    1. Pay full tote odds for all the testing
    2. set up their own laboratories or whatever else is required
    3. I suspect it is pretty convenient to just handball it to someone else
  2. Do the AFL really want to deal with the crap that the MLB and NFL are currently dealing with around PED's.
  3. Does the AFL really have the appetite for the PR nightmare that would ensue? And we all know how important PR is to the AFL.
It is simply never ever going to happen.

It is easier - by a long long long way - to simply comply with the WADA code

The fact of teh matter is drugs in society are becoming more and more accepted, a few have issues with performance drugs as it gives an advantage as they make you stronger and fitter but the health consequences can be far less reaching than rec drugs in particular circumtsances.
s**t argument.
Because once you do that, you take away the option NOT to take PED's if you want to compete at the elite level.

s**t argument.

Because once you do that, you take away the option NOT to take PED's if you want to compete at the elite level.

Not arguing, just stating that drugs in society are becoming more and more acceptable, I see the latest news or rumor has a well known AFL player being done Drug Driving, would say as a role model status as suggested previosly, that it is far more harmful than Performance drugs. This player will probably have nothing happen to him yet the Essendon players that have taken performance drugs are seen as the scum of society. Personally I would rather them take performance drugs than Rec drugs as the only person it may affect is themselves.

PED's arent the only performance drug that works and how harmful are they to an individual probably no more dangerous if not less than driving a motor vehicle!

Not arguing, just stating that drugs in society are becoming more and more acceptable, I see the latest news or rumor has a well known AFL player being done Drug Driving, would say as a role model status as suggested previosly, that it is far more harmful than Performance drugs. This player will probably have nothing happen to him yet the Essendon players that have taken performance drugs are seen as the scum of society. Personally I would rather them take performance drugs than Rec drugs as the only person it may affect is themselves.

PED's arent the only performance drug that works and how harmful are they to an individual probably no more dangerous if not less than driving a motor vehicle!

Oh really :rolleyes:

http://www.outsideonline.com/1822676/spinning-their-graves
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/10/31/1193618974100.html

Same with NBL or MLB.
Smoke and mirrors.

I think you can include AFL,NRL, Swimming, Union, Athletics etc etc etc

Back