Preview Port Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Friday 24/08/18, 7:50 PM AEST

More clangers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like port might come out stronger. Been playing poorly for a while and just got put out of their misery, plus they're at home, while we might be a bit deflated having given so much to get back in contention. Guess we'll find out in a few days!

Would be great to see Ridley and maybe another youngster play, but I really hope we are focussed on trying to win.

One team going 11-4 to the start the season, the other team ending the season 9-4, and both won't play finals. Woof.

I don't expect Worsfold to take the foot off the pedal at all. He will name his best 22 with every intention to smash port, and so he should.
Agree, this game is all about maintaining mental toughness over a season; starting with the first game and ending with the last and bringing the intensity and focus needed to win every time they step onto the field. Eyes on the prize in every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we wouldn't rest the players carrying injury like Hooker and Beej, when we have decent replacements who've each found some form in the VFL (I know its a minority view, but I reckon beej gets another year so no need to look at this being a "send off" game).

I'd be looking at something like:
Out: Hooker Goddard AMT
In: Stewart Ridley Clarke

I'm sympathetic to the calls for giving BZT a debut in home state (could probably come in for Dea who isn't as well suited to playing on a tall) but the selection team have been loathe to swing unforced changes this year so only see those injured/carrying niggles coming out.

Not sure why we wouldn't rest the players carrying injury like Hooker and Beej, when we have decent replacements who've each found some form in the VFL (I know its a minority view, but I reckon beej gets another year so no need to look at this being a "send off" game).

I'd be looking at something like:
Out: Hooker Goddard AMT
In: Stewart Ridley Clarke

I'm sympathetic to the calls for giving BZT a debut in home state (could probably come in for Dea who isn't as well suited to playing on a tall) but the selection team have been loathe to swing unforced changes this year so only see those injured/carrying niggles coming out.

Agree, although BJ might play regardless given it's possibly his last game.

Francis in the middle, use him as a one man wrecking ball. When he tires move him to ff and watch him kick a lazy 4.

Over on BomberBlitz they’re saying that TBC had surgery on his shoulder and knee. So I’m guessing Luey will be in. And perhaps EFC have put the cue in the rack for 2018.
unnamed.jpg

Local SA boy too, so would be able to bring all his family and friends as well (i am firmly in the camp of allowing BZT to do the same).

Dream scenario to make his debut if Ryder misses and with nothing to lose in terms of finals.

I'd love to see Draper play a match in the seniors just to give him a taste of what its like.

Best of luck to Goddard in his final match for us.

We may rest 1 or 2 wounded players but they'll go with most of the same blokes as last week. I suspect they won't want to take too many guys away from the VFL as they will want to make VFL finals.

Need a ranter this week. Rant about BJ, rant about the season that was, rant about whatever you like.

More than happy to have more than one ranter this week, too.

Last thread for the year, let's make it a good one!

Tbell surgery in shoulder ay, just ruined his offseason opportunities to pull
lol - you don’t know my man TBell at all! he’ll have half the doctor’s digits before he leaves the operating room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back