Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Freo thread just won’t cut it I reckon. ALL BOARD THE DEATH RIDE TRAIN

Choo Choo Train GIF by Australian Survivor

One small thing, absolutely no injury celebration or trolling

Absolutely here for this ride, really lets me tolerate a poorer year with something else to focus on not that I think it will be anything dire. Made last year much more painful that is for sure.
Ready to bring the bad juju (not injuries) straight for all 3 teams. Clear ways this can happen for us:
Pies- Premier hangovers
Port- Ken not in a contract year
Saints- No skills on show

My guess at final picks will be 10(ours), 13(port), 17(pies), 27 (ours), 29 (saints)
Pies- 2nd
Port- 6th
Saints 7th
Freo 9th

Reckon Port will be v good. Maybe we’ll get lucky with the Pies - they looked pretty bad today at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think we'll need Port to flunk in finals to get a decent pick from them. I held hope of some kind of premiership hangover on the Pies given the age of their list and today was definitely a good start there

Think we'll need Port to flunk in finals to get a decent pick from them. I held hope of some kind of premiership hangover on the Pies given the age of their list and today was definitely a good start there
A lot went right for the pies in their run. Lightning doesn’t tend to strike twice like that.

Absolutely here for this ride, really lets me tolerate a poorer year with something else to focus on not that I think it will be anything dire. Made last year much more painful that is for sure.
Ready to bring the bad juju (not injuries) straight for all 3 teams. Clear ways this can happen for us:
Pies- Premier hangovers

My guess at final picks will be 10(ours), 13(port), 17(pies), 27 (ours), 29 (saints)
Pies- 2nd
Port- 6th
Saints 7th
Freo 9th

Pies - 2nd last
Port - last
Saints - 3rd last
Freo - 1st

Picks 1, 2, 18, 19. I am not a crackpot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Port will be v good. Maybe we’ll get lucky with the Pies - they looked pretty bad today at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but GWS are a very good team and it’s not like Collingwood weren’t getting opportunities, they had three more scoring shots.

Pies- Premier hangovers

Pies- 2nd
Port- 6th
Saints 7th
Freo 9th
We traded our f2 to port already

We traded our f2 to port already

And traded our F3 to Richmond to ensure we got Cooper Simpson.

I know people on here don’t really rate third rounders but it does mean there’s a bit of a gap between St Kilda’s second rounder and their fourth rounder (we’ve also traded the F4).

Unless we go crazy at the trade table I really can’t see us using any picks beyond 35 (it’s quite possible the St Kilda 2nd rounder drops back that far after academy and F/S comes in).

It’s going to feel slimy and gross but be prepared to be all in on the Carlton train. Need them and GWS to push into top 4 to at least get Pies and Port out of there. Ross could help his favourite club out by squeezing every bit of talent out of that Saints list. I’ll take a later F2 to bump a first rounder up a few spots

It’s going to feel slimy and gross but be prepared to be all in on the Carlton train. Need them and GWS to push into top 4 to at least get Pies and Port out of there. Ross could help his favourite club out by squeezing every bit of talent out of that Saints list. I’ll take a later F2 to bump a first rounder up a few spots
Absolutely not. Let any other team surprise us and push into the four.

Absolutely not. Let any other team surprise us and push into the four.
I'll do whatever is required to get my sweet sweet high draft pick fix including sucking on the proverbial AFL donger

Totally agree re Pies age profile.
Pendlebury and Sidebottom both well below last years average with 18 &17 possessions. Mitchell 9 for 2.5 1/4s before before being subbed.
All above 30 years.
Would be very hard to have that extra 10% mental and physical effort required to be at the top of your game having been in the system for so long coming off a flag.

Totally agree re Pies age profile.
Pendlebury and Sidebottom both well below last years average with 18 &17 possessions. Mitchell 9 for 2.5 1/4s before before being subbed.
All above 30 years.
Would be very hard to have that extra 10% mental and physical effort required to be at the top of your game having been in the system for so long coming off a flag.
In one of my few correct calls, I was saying before the season started last year Geelong are a good chance of falling, I dont see this being any different with Collingwood with the added benefit that NO ONE wins as many close games as they win consistently. It's hard for the younger players to get up as well.

Of course, this could all blow up in my face spectacularly but I like our chances with the Pies pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back