Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

heck Port, heck Pies, heck Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Picks transcend rivalries
I just can’t do it sorry
The Pies are gonna finish 4-7th anyway I reckon so not a huge pick difference

I reckon our best bet is with Port given SPP is done for the season and Rozee potential hammy issues . Sooner or later Dixon will break down as well .

Saints should be good for a 10-12th place finish

I just can’t do it sorry
The Pies are gonna finish 4-7th anyway I reckon so not a huge pick difference

I reckon our best bet is with Port given SPP is done for the season and Rozee potential hammy issues . Sooner or later Dixon will break down as well .

Saints should be good for a 10-12th place finish

Port with their hugely attacking game plan will break down

Carlton beat Collingwood. No one at Carlton gives a s**t about Fremantle, the rivalry exists in our head due to a bunch of peculiarities in umpiring, trades and draft selections.

Carlton are the type of team I want to beat for the first time in a few years in an away final at the mcg, preferably a grand final. Collingwood must finish as low as possible to make the aforementioned possible in the upcoming years.

Carlton beat Collingwood. No one at Carlton gives a s**t about Fremantle, the rivalry exists in our head due to a bunch of peculiarities in umpiring, trades and draft selections.

Carlton are the type of team I want to beat for the first time in a few years in an away final at the mcg, preferably a grand final. Collingwood must finish as low as possible to make the aforementioned possible in the upcoming years.
The floggary on our board from them after they beat us suggests otherwise. Unless their board does that to every team after they win.....

While a Collingwood loss is nice, a Carlton one is better for me and the competition. We can climb higher if they keep losing.

Even after winning 7 of our last 8 games against us Carlton they are still one of only two non expansion, still extant, clubs with a negative winning ratio against us (20-21). Between 2002 and 2018 inclusive it was 18-5 to Freo, including 9 losses in a row, but you didn't see Carlton fans gnashing their teeth on their board about how much they hate us.

Carlton, with their thin list, will soon return to the modern pit of irrelevancy from which they emerged and this little streak will be forgotten, but the pick positions we had in 2024 will be forever.

Even after winning 7 of our last 8 games against us Carlton they are still one of only two non expansion, still extant, clubs with a negative winning ratio against us (20-21). Between 2002 and 2018 inclusive it was 18-5 to Freo, including 9 losses in a row, but you didn't see Carlton fans gnashing their teeth on their board about how much they hate us.

Carlton, with their thin list, will soon return to the modern pit of irrelevancy from which they emerged and this little streak will be forgotten, but the pick positions we had in 2024 will be forever.
Exactly, is anyone going to remember in 5 years that Collingwood beat Carlton in round 8 of the 2024 season? Nope, but they will remember Lachie Schultz was traded for Cooper Simpson and pick 7 and laugh for all eternity.

heck
THE
PIES

Exactly, is anyone going to remember in 5 years that Collingwood beat Carlton in round 8 of the 2024 season? Nope, but they will remember Lachie Schultz was traded for Cooper Simpson and pick 7 and laugh for all eternity.

THE
PIES
I am definitely coming around to your thinking. Pies losing this week could help derail their season when they look like they could start to build some momentum, a petty rivalry with the blues shouldn’t be our concern.

THE
PIES
Fine. Carlton can win but i won't like it.

I am definitely coming around to your thinking. Pies losing this week could help derail their season when they look like they could start to build some momentum, a petty rivalry with the blues shouldn’t be our concern.
Fine. Carlton can win but i won't like it.
Also, this is the damn death ride thread where the aim is win prizes (ie draft picks), anyone not on the death ride can stay out and go take their petty rivalries to the loser threads

heck PIES
heck PORT
heck SAINTS
ALL ABOARD!!!!

Choo Choo Reaction GIF by IFC

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE
PIES
i didn't realise that. we got simpson from shultz.

lol thats a win

Also, this is the damn death ride thread where the aim is win prizes (ie draft picks), anyone not on the death ride can stay out and go take their petty rivalries to the loser threads

• PIES
  • PORT
  • SAINTS

Jeez we did well out of Lachie Schultz. A first plus Cooper Simpson, and every time Collingwood lose it gets better.

Superb stuff

Jeez we did well out of Lachie Schultz. A first plus Cooper Simpson, and every time Collingwood lose it gets better.

Superb stuff
i didn't realise this. i take back everything i said about shultz. this is entering serong out of hill stuff. i love hill and now i love shultz

The ideal result is Carlton by a point kicking say 14.3 to Collingwood 10.16, with both teams sustaining multiple season ending injuries.

• PIES
  • PORT
  • SAINTS
ALL ABOARD!!!!

Choo Choo Reaction GIF by IFC
I'm aboard
Choo ******* choo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back