Competition Portarlington Cricket Club monogram competition - includes cash prize

FJAGD Board Monogram Preference

• Option 1 - Mero

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Option 2 - Mr Eagle

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Option 3 - johnfrombrazil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 4 - alex 3549

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Option 5 - TheCount

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Option 6 - Port CC Committee Member

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Option 1 - Mero
jRqMcrY.png

lNmfkMJ.gif

Option 2 - Mr Eagle
OiYvCZA.gif

Option 3 - johnfrombrazil
7Tm88FL.png

Option 4 - alex 3549
LM8fLLd.png

Option 5 - TheCount
qxrQkFl.png

Option 6 - Port CC Committee Member
F37RR6c.jpg

Last edited:
I know Phil personally so can vouch for the legitimacy of this. He won't do a runner like others have in the past. For anyone that scoffs at the $40, I guess it's a slab of beer on a good day. Have at it.

Pretty cheap prize but in saying that it wouldn't be terribly time consuming for most gifted designers.

Apologies in advance if the offer is an insult - we don't seek to make a profit on our apparel just want to build a club brand by selling to members as close to cost as possible.

Hey Phil, have you got anyone doing your club merch as of yet? I have just started a business, and would love to get some exposure, so can do a very good rate for your new range if you like?

Hey Phil, have you got anyone doing your club merch as of yet? I have just started a business, and would love to get some exposure, so can do a very good rate for your new range if you like?

Hi mdaddy19,

We have all but finalised an apparel deal for season 2016-17, but I am more than happy for you to PM your details and I can include you on my register that I have setup for future committees if we consider new partnerships.

Our supplier wanted $150 per new logo design and I believed the funds would be better spent on the good people of BF (where I have witnessed quality work). I got approval from the committee last night to run this competition and a budget of $50 to see if any amateur designers wanted to get paid for some procrastinating!

Last edited:
Hi mdaddy19,

We have all but finalised an apparel deal for season 2016-17, but I am more than happy for you to PM your details and I can include you on my register that I have setup for future committees if we consider new partnerships for the future.

Our supplier wanted $150 per new logo design and I believed the funds would be better spent on the good people of BF (where I have witnessed quality work). I got approval from the committee last night to run this competition and a budget of $50 to see if any amateur designers wanted to get paid for some procrastinating!

$150 per new logo? Wow! How big is your order? Surely if you are getting a new logo etc, that would mean you are getting a new range, and surely they should include that in the price?

Prahran's is a decent looking PCC monogram as a basis.
csFUld72.png

I went with stripes on the field of the shield because I wanted to differentiate between the footy and cricket clubs.
I can change this as directed if this is a path you're happy to go down.

PortarlingtonCC.png

PortarlingtonCC2.png

Last edited:
csFUld72.png

images

I went with stripes on the field of the shield because I wanted to differentiate between the footy and cricket clubs.

PortarlingtonCC.png

PortarlingtonCC2.png
Have you come across a decent FCC monogram, by chance, Mero?

csFUld72.png

images

PortarlingtonCC.png

PortarlingtonCC2.png

As the late and great Tony Greig would say, simply moarvellous Mero!

My only query with your entry would be copyright and intellectual property concerns. Perhaps you would be more enlightened on the matter as I yet to study this area. Are monograms sacred from ownership?

Our old-school knitted jumpers have that very pattern, and your templates are absolutely flawless. Love the striped combination as well that specifically sets us apart from the footy club just enough to form our our own identity.

Great work mate and I really appreciate your effort.

Last edited:
As the late and great Tony Greig would say, simply moarvellous Mero!

My only query with your entry would be copyright and intellectual property concerns. Perhaps you would be more enlightened on the matter as I yet to study this area. Are monograms sacred from ownership?

Our old-school knitted jumpers have that very pattern, and your templates are absolutely flawless. Love the striped combination as well that specifically sets us apart from the footy club just enough to form our our own identity.

Great work mate and I really appreciate your effort.
I can't believe a District Cricket team would have gone to the trouble of copyrighting a design like this.
I did a check on IP Australia and didn't find anything.
I'm confident it's not subject to copyright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Eagle is, of course, correct.
Even if it's not technically covered by copyright, and especially if it is, it's not nice to take things that aren't yours, without permission.

And so; using the images provided, and feedback from philcara16 here's some further options on the logo.

PortarlingtonCC3.png

Gibbsy due to the overwhelming response (and spoiling for choice) I am deciding to bring forward the deadline to Thursday night (11th August) at 6:00pm, which will allow for a poll of all entries to be organised (which will close on Monday at 6:00pm).

The main reasons for this change was 1) the announcement of a club meeting on the Monday (for me to present a recommendation based on the logo that receives the most votes) and 2) the submission of an entry made by committee member (conflict of interest).

In order to mitigate this conflict, I propose that this design be placed as an entry (with the poll) and give the Club some accountability in the decision making process (it would look strange if a rival design had an overwhelming majority of the popular vote, and we decide to go with the in-house design).

If this does inconvenience anyone, please let me know and we can potentially make alternative arrangements.

I would not have a clue as to organising the poll (list the options in the OP, then 'add poll'? Organise in this thread or a new thread etc.) so maybe the mods can help me out with this one.

Last edited:
I know Phil personally so can vouch for the legitimacy of this. He won't do a runner like others have in the past. For anyone that scoffs at the $40, I guess it's a slab of beer on a good day. Have at it.
What are you drinking? Hammer and Tongs?!

Back