Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
8198921111.png

I don't want to move to NBN when my cable connection is more stable and faster than I'll get on cruddy nbn

I got an email earlier this week saying they've bumped up the speeds......... similar to a few months/a year ago when they did the same thing. The speed has stayed about the same.

You'll likely get the same speeds since NBN on HFC is using the same lines as cable, but the difference is they'll cap you at 25 unless you pay for a better tier. It's extortion as far as I'm concerned and it's why I haven't moved to NBN either. I've got less than 3 months to do it as well.

You'll likely get the same speeds since NBN on HFC is using the same lines as cable, but the difference is they'll cap you at 25 unless you pay for a better tier. It's extortion as far as I'm concerned and it's why I haven't moved to NBN either. I've got less than 3 months to do it as well.

I've got until February........ I intend to hold out for as long as possible.

HulkSmash

Just a bit outside...
Jan 7, 2020
Rent-free in your head
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
BrisVegas - "NBN" - aka HFC - aka the old Foxtel cable.

That's not much faster than me, and I'm supposedly on the "good" NBN (mind you, the only good NBN is one with Ray Dinneen and Mike Rabbitt on it :p Newcastle folk will get that one)

I retested mine and it's not much different from last time.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
got IINET cable hooked up today, $40pm for 12 months then up to $80 which is what I was paying for internode 50/20, not bad so far :D

Untitled.png

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
1581158486420.png

I'm actually downloading stuff and was doing that at about 2.8Mbps, it then dropped out, I switched my home internet off which I have connected via ethernet to my tower and started hot spotting from my phone and kept downloading, same speed, around the 2.8Mbps.

In the almost 2 1/2 years I've been where I currently am with both Telstra and Foxtel, I have never been able to download anything quicker than 2.8Mbps.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hooked up to the NBN this evening. Not too shabby, marginally slower than cable, although upload is 4x faster. $10 per month higher cost, but can't dodge the NBN when it comes knocking.

VnHjbEo.jpg

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Guys what’s going to make my cable internet overall faster and more reliable? A faster speed or a better modem?

My plan is for 100mb/s but I often only get half that. Would more speed open my bandwidth? I can get 1000mb/s for 5 bucks more per month at the moment. Or a better modem with mesh help me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Guys what’s going to make my cable internet overall faster and more reliable? A faster speed or a better modem?

My plan is for 100mb/s but I often only get half that. Would more speed open my bandwidth? I can get 1000mb/s for 5 bucks more per month at the moment. Or a better modem with mesh help me?

The modem is unlikely to be the bottleneck. Contact your provider and explain the problem, they will be able to verify the speed you're getting. Most will work with you to either upgrade your plan at no extra cost, or reduce your charges.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Since getting the NBN these are my Wi-fi speeds in a room behind walls and away from the router:
1610490495133.png

It's nothing amazing but I'm very happy because it's delivering exactly/above the service I'm paying for and there are no issues with any of my streaming/gaming/usage needs.

Unless you're downloading enormous amounts of data, or have a household with extreme usage on heaps of devices at the same time, I can't see the benefit of having those extreme high speeds. Even at my previous speeds I was able to stream full HD on multiple devices and game/download/torrent without issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
NBN connection in Southbank, Melbourne.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 4.00.26 pm.png