Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weather it be Game plan or players just taking more risks but we are no doubt using the corridor a lot more and it looks like we are staying a little away from the long kick to the boundary and trying for a throw in/stoppage.
One example on Friday was Hanners hitting Tippett on the chest at CHF etc and one that didn't work was Parker on the HBF near the boundary trying to kick back into the middle but hit Cyril on the chest , so it looks like we are trying to go through the middle a lot more ala Lions and Melb games we did the same.
Adding speed into the team has helped as well and the quick ball movement when coming through middle and getting it in quick to a one on one is good footy to watch. Might have taking a little leaf out of Ports/cats book.

Weather it be Game plan or players just taking more risks but we are no doubt using the corridor a lot more and it looks like we are staying a little away from the long kick to the boundary and trying for a throw in/stoppage.
One example on Friday was Hanners hitting Tippett on the chest at CHF etc and one that didn't work was Parker on the HBF near the boundary trying to kick back into the middle but hit Cyril on the chest , so it looks like we are trying to go through the middle a lot more ala Lions and Melb games we did the same.
Adding speed into the team has helped as well and the quick ball movement when coming through middle and getting it in quick to a one on one is good footy to watch. Might have taking a little leaf out of Ports/cats book.

Team balance of height, pace, inside, outside is pretty spot on right now, main reason i cant see mitchell back yet, because yeah lloyd or cunningham could go out for him but he is slower

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans

Kinda irks me the swans reporting of late, roughly 20 swans articles and as of last check 17 are buddy ones

Media are obsessed, he was good on weekend, but to me its like where hanners, kennedy parker stories

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans

Kinda irks me the swans reporting of late, roughly 20 swans articles and as of last check 17 are buddy ones

Media are obsessed, he was good on weekend, but to me its like where hanners, kennedy parker stories

lmaoo it's the same whenever Horse does pressers everything is about Franklin, look at the back page of the Sunday Herald today big article on Buddy.

Club will be loving it tho.

Team balance of height, pace, inside, outside is pretty spot on right now, main reason i cant see mitchell back yet, because yeah lloyd or cunningham could go out for him but he is slower
Agree 100% , An extractor would have to make way for Mitchell as he struggles forward with his pace and kicking ( in the guts or doesn't play ).
Only way I see Harry or Lloyd going out is for Towers/BJ , like for like players

Agree 100% , An extractor would have to make way for Mitchell as he struggles forward with his pace and kicking ( in the guts or doesn't play ).
Only way I see Harry or Lloyd going out is for Towers/BJ , like for like players

Maybe a fit rohan?

Maybe a fit rohan?
Yep for sure but he is playing in defence now but could still come in for one and rotate him and Mal wing/HB. Cant wait for Rohan to come back in as he will be awesome of the HB with his run and carry and he defended really well on Friday with his spoils and no one can run away from him. Him mal , rampe of the hb would be awesome. Good call by the coaches to move him back the last 4 weeks and start to develop him as a defender

Last edited:
So why does Towers get mentioned, will be back in the VFL next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why you would consider it a troll I am proud when someone says that.

I actually find the opposite here in Melbourne, someone asks me who I support and when I reply "Sydney Swans" they give me that look, yeah you all know that look... until I qualify it with "born and bred in South Melbourne mate" then their whole facial expression changes and you get that football supporters respect.

Victorian football supporters and their beliefs can be strange sometimes, its like a religion.

I think I've posted this before ... I moved here from NSW in Jan 2005 and a senior bloke at work asked me in my first few weeks (he's a Demons fan, by the way) who I supported. I said Sydney and he actually said to me, "oh, well, you know nothing about football then" ... it was one of the most satisfying aspects of the Swans' 2005 premiership ... the bloke has never spoken to me about football since.

That's the way we played in 2012 and last year before we fell down the well.

Pyke going down was our worst nightmare. But guess what, Port played a sacrificial shorter player against Sandilands, and it worked well for them.

Tippet must gradually become fit enough to play 2nd ruck.

Sam Reid's role now becomes pivotal. He must accept that he could play anywhere on any given day - 2nd ruck, CHF, CHB - whatever the team needs on any given day. Swingman.

Toby Nankervis, come along asap please.

ROK - player career probably gone, but please, show him some respect! Norm Smith medallist and club great. Bled for the club, get off his back.

Of course MACCA is going to say that to deflect from our own s**t performance, but good sides get over the line like we did

He was playing was he? Thought i saw him once or twice but wasnt too sure

21 possies , 6 tackles and a goal :rolleyes:

I was tongue in cheek

But how many did he have at half time or 3/4 time, i thought when the chips were down it was jack and kennedy who led in the guts more so than mcveigh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back