Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Thurlow - 50-100
aliir - 250
jones - 200 (if we can keep him)
cameron - 25
COR - 75
hewett - 200
rose - delist
heeney - 300
papley - 200
melican - 150
mills - 250-300
Dawson - 200
Clarke - 50-100
ronke - 250 if he can improve, 50 if he stagnates
maibum - 25
florent - 250
pink - delist
hayward - 250
mccartin - 200
blakey - 250
rowbottom - tbd

Anyone else is far too early to tell imo.
8 players in the entire history of the club have played 250 games, and you have up to 7 of the current list doing it

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
8 players in the entire history of the club have played 250 games, and you have up to 7 of the current list doing it

Cadsky is just having a crack at looking forward as to what COULD happen, as opposed to looking at other people's hardwork at collecting stats & you cherry picking the ones that make up your argument.so that you can post them on here.
I mean what is it you want on here as a leader of the chosen ones?
One way traffic?
I can say "chosen ones" can't I because I noticed the labels "fanboy club apologists" & "Horsesexuals" being thrown around while our board wasn't being moderated today?

Cadsky is just having a crack at looking forward as to what COULD happen, as opposed to looking at other people's hardwork at collecting stats & you cherry picking the ones that make up your argument.so that you can post them on here.
I mean what is it you want on here as a leader of the chosen ones?
One way traffic?
I can say "chosen ones" can't I because I noticed the labels "fanboy club apologists" & "Horsesexuals" being thrown around while our board wasn't being moderated today?
Ted, if you want to have an argument with the moderators we have previously told you to do it via PM.

I can personally guarantee you that every post reported in the past few days has been actioned, generally not by me since I am off doing Eastery things but by my esteemed colleagues GotTheGoodes Cloud_ scaryness

In responding to your post, yes Cadsky is free to speculate as to what COULD happen, I believe I am equally free to throw up a quite polite challenge as to why it might not happen. There were no personal attacks, no abuse, no bad language, and no calling him a bad supporter. If everyone else was able to respond to messages the same way I did, I don't think we'd have much moderating to do.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Wow I didn't realise it was so low. I was just throwing some numbers out there of what could happen but I guess your right. Based on the numbers it probably wont be that many. In all likelihood we loose a few of those players to other clubs anyway. They may go in to play over 200 games but potentially not all of them with the Swans. My numbers were just a guess based off of form to date . Wouldn't it be great if we could keep all those players for that long and they form the nucleus of our next premiership team! History says it's unlikely.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Wow I didn't realise it was so low. I was just throwing some numbers out there of what could happen but I guess your right. Based on the numbers it probably wont be that many. In all likelihood we loose a few of those players to other clubs anyway. They may go in to play over 200 games but potentially not all of them with the Swans. My numbers were just a guess based off of form to date . Wouldn't it be great if we could keep all those players for that long and they form the nucleus of our next premiership team! History says it's unlikely.
Yeah Cadsky, it’s a really sad reflection on the club and it’s (lack of) success. There have been some amazing players come through our system but unfortunately they move on due to the lack of success. The numbers coming through now just shows you how all we’ve done it in the past 20 years. You should feel privileged to have experienced that because myself and certainly a lot more older than me did it tough as supporters! Enjoy the ride buddy!

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
It is worth pointing out that 5 of the seven played under Roos and or Longmire and 50% of the 200+ gamers did the same.

I think it is fair to say that professionalism is leading players to play longer and possibly longer at the one club. The cadsky hypothesis could well be on the mark - and while I think he might be overestimating a few I think he makes a good case for 2-3 being at least 200 gamers.

Agree that players tend to play longer but the faster pace of the game eg ACLs, are likely to end many careers.
300 + Franklin -had to put in Lance :)
200- 250 games
Blakey, Heeney, Mills, Papley
150-200
Florent, Hayward, hopefully Hewitt, McCartin
As mentioned Jones may be traded back to Victoria/Melbourne.

Last edited:
Wondering what game they could get all Macca , Grundy, Jack amd Mayne Smith all together for a last good bye

Last round v Saints

Hanners could fair well them too

could have like a sheedy hird farewell

Skhilton14

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Does anyone tip against us?

I've always felt like tipping against the swans was a sin, and still continue to tip them this season despite knowing how unlikely it is that we will win. But now, with the predictability of the season being as it is, my loyalty is costing me one very valuable tip!!

Thoughts?

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney

I've always felt like tipping against the swans was a sin, and still continue to tip them this season despite knowing how unlikely it is that we will win. But now, with the predictability of the season being as it is, my loyalty is costing me one very valuable tip!!

Thoughts?
Yep I do. Feel dirty everytime I do though and my mates always chip me about being disloyal. To them I just point to the tipping ladder!

Thoughts?

I tip who I honestly think is going to win each week. So far this year I am 100% in Swans games.

Last year I appeared to have a reverse jinx, if I tipped against us we usually won, if I tipped us we usually lost.

This will be deserving of its own thread once its officially announced.

But received some very good information that Sydney will have a Women's AFL team in 2021!!

The below article has also been posted on the Sydney Swans Website.

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-04-23/funding-to-make-sydney-swans-womens-team-a-reality

Doesnt it only mean we have the facilities too

Is this conditional on election result

good news though,

Come around on the womens team, think it will be good

Doesnt it only mean we have the facilities too

Is this conditional on election result

good news though,

Come around on the womens team, think it will be good

I have a very good source that told me we have an agreement with the AFL for 2021.

Think we were always just pending the facilities for the official sign off on the team.

Thoughts?
Never, but then again I've not been in many tipping competitions - though I did win my first on BF 2017 Match Day Prediction thread.:)

I have a very good source that told me we have an agreement with the AFL for 2021.

Think we were always just pending the facilities for the official sign off on the team.
:) :)

Agreements with the AFL aren't worth the toilet paper they're written on.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

This pricks been screwing us over for years. Should never umpire a swans game.

Back