Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Gee whiz this business about Serena Williams and Dustin Martin’s friendship continues to do the rounds in the media. Imagine having one of the greatest athletes in history on our shores and repeatedly asking her about a footballer she’s met once...

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Gee whiz this business about Serena Williams and Dustin Martin’s friendship continues to do the rounds in the media. Imagine having one of the greatest athletes in history on our shores and repeatedly asking her about a footballer she’s met once...
It's embarrassing.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
What is it about teams that play in red and white and premiership/title droughts? Liverpool FC (do they have enough white to count?) look set to dump a 30 year hoodoo. Hoping the Kansas City Chiefs can break theirs on the weekend. But at only 50 years they are still a long way off the pain endured by some of those old Swans fans. Let's hope it's the year of the red and white everywhere.

8E87F91A-5172-41B3-B343-0E5B756E2D12.jpeg
looks a bit like tippett

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
What is it about teams that play in red and white and premiership/title droughts? Liverpool FC (do they have enough white to count?) look set to dump a 30 year hoodoo. Hoping the Kansas City Chiefs can break theirs on the weekend. But at only 50 years they are still a long way off the pain endured by some of those old Swans fans. Let's hope it's the year of the red and white everywhere.
I've found a weird coincidence that seems to align the Swans & Canterbury Bulldogs seasons. They're either both IN form or both OUT of form together.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I've found a weird coincidence that seems to align the Swans & Canterbury Bulldogs seasons. They're either both IN form or both OUT of form together.
Interesting, I need to pay more attention. I haven't watched much league since they booted the Bears. The Red and White Dragons would be in a 41-year premiership drought if they hadn't snared one a few years back, perhaps a little luckily as it was the year the Melbourne Storm were stripped of all their points.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
There's nothing like coming across an old 2003 post after the first round mocking Sydney for being on top of the table by beating Carlton saying enjoy it while it lasts...and yes we did make the 8 that year.

And Carlton are still s**t

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Super cool realistic rendition of the Swans logo

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
is buckernarra the worst swans coach in the sydney era? easily in my mind
Yes although he coached when the club was being read it’s last rites. Brett Scott only lasted a couple of games after that. Post the Barrassi period we’ve had three consecutive coaches take us to Grand Finals. Sadly not enough wins on the big day.

Yes although he coached when the club was being read it’s last rites. Brett Scott only lasted a couple of games after that. Post the Barrassi period we’ve had three consecutive coaches take us to Grand Finals. Sadly not enough wins on the big day.

Read some stories about his interaction with guys like cressa sounds like a dill

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Andrew Dunkley or Ted Richards

Was that a question or a response to a previous post. If it's the former.

I've never seen dunkley play, but I'd have to say Ted Richards. At his peak, Ted Richards was as exciting to watch as a forward/ attacking player was. The way he would beat his opponent and just consistently out work them in 1 on 1s and get the ball moving back our way.

For a period of time, you'd see games where the ball consistently came into our f50 but you just knew as soon as the ball was kicked Ted would beat his man and repell the attack.

Enjoyable to watch. And him and Grundy as a tandem, at their peak, what a defensive duo. They're right up there as a 1-2 defensive combo .

Last edited:
Was that a question or a response to a previous post. If it's the former.

I've never seen dunkley play, but I'd have to say yes Richards. At his peak, Ted Richards was as exciting to watch as a a forward/ attacking player was. The way he would beat his opponent and just consistently out work them in 1 on 1s and get the ball moving back our way.

For a period of time, you'd see Ames where the ball consistently came into our f50 but you just knew as soon as the ball was kicked red would beat his man and repell the attack.

Enjoyable to watch. And him and Grundy as a tandem, at their peak, what a defensive duo. They're right up there as a 1-2 defensive combo .

It was a chant
If you say it three times something happens

Sorry forgot a question mark. Good answer, Ted playing in a flag and and a key role helps. Dunkley was a shocking kick

but I feel like Dunkley played on more difficult opponents

Back