Strategy Potential Defence Forces Partnerships

Remove this Banner Ad

The DCNS people were probably a bit miffed that their team was playing away in Sydney that week ;)
"The Port Adelaide Football Club and DCNS started talks in 2015"

But, but, the Crers hosted them at Adeliade Oval in 2017 :rolleyes:

So one club says for your money you can sponsor a carnival. The other says we'll tailor our school programs to encourage kids to pursue the careers needed for your project.

DCNS maybe sponsoring Adelaide, but it's the way Foodland sponsors us. There's sponsorship and then there's sponsorship.

When a partnership is much more than a sponsorship (see end-note) ...

http://en.dcnsgroup.com/news/flinde...ols-of-engineering-enter-defence-partnership/

Flinders University and 4 french schools of engineering enter defence partnership

selec-dcns-18.jpg

Paris, 17 January 2017/Adelaide 18 January 2107:
Flinders University and four of France’s leading Graduate Schools of Engineering will today enter into an academic and research cooperation agreement relating to Australia’s Future Submarine Program.

The agreement between Flinders and a consortium comprised of ENSTA ParisTech, École Centrale de Nantes, CentraleSupélec and École Polytechnique will be signed at a ceremony to be witnessed by South Australia’s Minister for Higher Education and Skills, the Hon. Dr. Susan Close and the Deputy Chief Executive of DCNS and General Manager of Australia’s Future Submarine Program, Marie-Pierre de Bailliencourt.

End-note: Flinders University is also quietly supporting PAFC's China Strategy at schools in Shanghai.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-04-05/dcns-signs-with-pafc
PORT ADELAIDE and French submarine builder DCNS have announced a partnership that will help revitalise the Port Adelaide township and district. The partnership is a two-pronged approach to help DCNS engage with the Port community surrounding the Future Submarine shipyard and to develop relevant education programs in local schools to encourage the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers.

Port Adelaide, as the oldest football club in South Australian senior football, will provide a vessel to achieve this by bringing DCNS and Australia’s native game together. This will be done by DCNS becoming a joint major partner of the club’s heritage brand – the Magpies – in the SANFL competition; its logo appearing on the front bib of the famous prison bar jumper during 2017. DCNS’ overall investment in Port Adelaide is equivalent to that of an AFL-level principal partner, but its funding will be distributed across the club’s SANFL operations and Power Community Ltd, specifically the Power Community Youth Program (CYP).......DCNS branding will also appear at Port Adelaide home games at both Adelaide Oval and Alberton Oval...........

This is why we need the Faradays to be set up as the next step.

Through the partnership, the Power Community Youth Program will adopt a new, significant emphasis on promoting science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and in-school respect. .......“This partnership allows DCNS to focus their efforts on the heart of our community, which is now the heart of theirs here in Australia,” Mr Thomas said. “We are proud to have this association with DCNS, to have their logo on the front of our heritage jumper in the SANFL, and to be working them to promote STEM curricula to girls and boys in the schools visited by our excellent Power Community team."

DCNS Australia chief executive Brent Clark believes the partnership will achieve significant benefits in both the Poft community and the classroom. “DCNS is committed to training the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers,” Mr Clark said. “Our partnership with Port Adelaide and the South Australian Department of Education will focus on developing a lesson plan for problem solving. “It will be rolled out in schools across the state and will hopefully encourage more students to consider a career in science, technology, engineering and maths.

Education Minister Susan Close is also the state MP for Port Adelaide and says the investment from DCNS into the club will have important benefits in the minds of locals, and for the minds of students. “I’m delighted to see any investment in the Port Adelaide township, and to me, the Port Adelaide township and the Port Adelaide Football Club are virtually indistinguishable,” she said. “I’m particularly pleased to see both DCNS and Port Adelaide prioritise the Community Youth Program with a focus on STEM subjects.

Last edited:
I had an hour meeting with Steve Olech back in November 2011 when he had returned to the club as Commercial Operations manager when KT come on board in September. I brought along my colleague from my technology development project who knows the 5 major land owners in the Port and Lefevre Peninsula and we talked some longer term strategies for development of the Port assisting the club, and general club stuff for an hour. Steve told us that 2 of industries the club was concentrating on was Mining and Defence. Both industries, but defence in particular, were really concerned about the low levels of uptake by kids, both boys and girls, but boys in particular, of maths and science subjects, which the last couple of years or so have now been lumped in as STEM subjects. He said both ADF and defence contractors had talk to the club about ways of engaging with kids to make maths and science more interesting. I have put a couple of ideas to the club but now that DCNS have come on board I will have to revisit one and make a couple of other suggestions. DCNS know how critical this is to their plans to build the best possible subs and ships for the ADF.

PORT ADELAIDE and French submarine builder DCNS have announced a partnership that will help revitalise the Port Adelaide township and district. The partnership is a two-pronged approach to help DCNS engage with the Port community surrounding the Future Submarine shipyard and to develop relevant education programs in local schools to encourage the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers.

Port Adelaide, as the oldest football club in South Australian senior football, will provide a vessel to achieve this by bringing DCNS and Australia’s native game together. This will be done by DCNS becoming a joint major partner of the club’s heritage brand – the Magpies – in the SANFL competition; its logo appearing on the front bib of the famous prison bar jumper during 2017. DCNS’ overall investment in Port Adelaide is equivalent to that of an AFL-level principal partner, but its funding will be distributed across the club’s SANFL operations and Power Community Ltd, specifically the Power Community Youth Program (CYP).......DCNS branding will also appear at Port Adelaide home games at both Adelaide Oval and Alberton Oval...........

This is why we need the Faradays to be set up as the next step.

Through the partnership, the Power Community Youth Program will adopt a new, significant emphasis on promoting science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and in-school respect. .......“This partnership allows DCNS to focus their efforts on the heart of our community, which is now the heart of theirs here in Australia,” Mr Thomas said. “We are proud to have this association with DCNS, to have their logo on the front of our heritage jumper in the SANFL, and to be working them to promote STEM curricula to girls and boys in the schools visited by our excellent Power Community team."

DCNS Australia chief executive Brent Clark believes the partnership will achieve significant benefits in both the Poft community and the classroom. “DCNS is committed to training the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers,” Mr Clark said. “Our partnership with Port Adelaide and the South Australian Department of Education will focus on developing a lesson plan for problem solving. “It will be rolled out in schools across the state and will hopefully encourage more students to consider a career in science, technology, engineering and maths.

Education Minister Susan Close is also the state MP for Port Adelaide and says the investment from DCNS into the club will have important benefits in the minds of locals, and for the minds of students. “I’m delighted to see any investment in the Port Adelaide township, and to me, the Port Adelaide township and the Port Adelaide Football Club are virtually indistinguishable,” she said. “I’m particularly pleased to see both DCNS and Port Adelaide prioritise the Community Youth Program with a focus on STEM subjects.
Sweet. i guess Magpies are staying in the $ANFL next year then.

I had an hour meeting with Steve Olech back in November 2011 when he had returned to the club as Commercial Operations manager when KT come on board in September. I brought along my colleague from my technology development project who knows the 5 major land owners in the Port and Lefevre Peninsula and we talked some longer term strategies for development of the Port assisting the club, and general club stuff for an hour. Steve told us that 2 of industries the club was concentrating on was Mining and Defence. Both industries, but defence in particular, were really concerned about the low levels of uptake by kids, both boys and girls, but boys in particular, of maths and science subjects, which the last couple of years or so have now been lumped in as STEM subjects. He said both ADF and defence contractors had talk to the club about ways of engaging with kids to make maths and science more interesting. I have put a couple of ideas to the club but now that DCNS have come on board I will have to revisit one and make a couple of other suggestions. DCNS know how critical this is to their plans to build the best possible subs and ships for the ADF.
Brilliant!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back