Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rocker_oz33

Hall of Famer
May 15, 2007
Rockin in a free world.
AFL Club
Geelong
Seen silverchair and Powderfiger live. I think it was called a cross the great divide tour.

The finger blew the chair off the stage.

I think they didn't have those big hits and/Or those happy type songs that are radio friendly.
Soild band and underrated.

I like this track.

sdfc

All Australian
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seen silverchair and Powderfiger live. I think it was called a cross the great divide tour.

I think they didn't have those big hits and/Or those happy type songs that are radio friendly.

I like this track.

I was pretty impressed with silverchair the one time I saw them live. Mind you, I was off my face.

atlas1

Premium Gold
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I like this track.

Great opening track

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Another classic track off Odyssey Number Five.

Like all the best albums Odyssey Number Five is a slow burner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HigginsHawk

All Australian
Jun 10, 2005
Kippax
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Belconnen/Nth Hobart
Bumpy de bump.

They are doing a reunion.
And maybe just the slightest hint of some new music. It's probably just a single that never made it onto an album but for the moment I will stick with the hope it's a new song, leading to a new album and huge Australian tour next summer.

rocker_oz33

Hall of Famer
May 15, 2007
Rockin in a free world.
AFL Club
Geelong
And maybe just the slightest hint of some new music. It's probably just a single that never made it onto an album but for the moment I will stick with the hope it's a new song, leading to a new album and huge Australian tour next summer.
Not sure.
I don't know the details on the reunion

New music and a tour would be good.
They pretty good live.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I was never a huge Powerfinger fan but they were as big as any band in Australia. Obviously just didn't work out overseas but that is always luck and timing.

Australia has had a heap of big bands but not many have crossed over like they did between the commercial and alternative audience for over 10 years. Not only that but they did it with multiple albums and songs and playing big shows.

Hilltop Hoods would be as close to that as any at the moment.

Last edited:

Top Bottom