Training Pre-season 2024 - Hump Daddy #19 Hype Thread! Dawn of Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

Day is probably capable against Richmond defence with balta apparently playing forward. Maybe swing a surprise with someone like mac Andrew forward or ethan read. Tigers key backs look vulnerable and whoever lines up there we should be capable of kicking a score.
Richmond will be licking their lips if King doesn't play - no Walter. People seem to think we are going to beat them easily - I'm not so sure. Maybe (if his back is OK) throw Jake Rogers in to the cauldron for some speed and determination. Time to throw caution to the wind and try some new players - Casboult, Swallow, Rosas, Holman and Day! Seems like we've been there before.

Richmond will be licking their lips if King doesn't play - no Walter. People seem to think we are going to beat them easily - I'm not so sure. Maybe (if his back is OK) throw Jake Rogers in to the cauldron for some speed and determination. Time to throw caution to the wind and try some new players - Casboult, Swallow, Rosas, Holman and Day! Seems like we've been there before.
Don't think Richmond are easy beats but if win enough footy through the middle casboult, day, Lukosius against the likes of young, gibcus, vlastuin, broad stacks up ok. More output from the small forwards might be more important.

Considering that the team is learning completely new game plan (according to all interviews) with 2 steps forward and 1 step back it will be no picnic the first 2 rounds. GWS struggled early under Kingsley.

Luckily, Richmond has also a new game plan to learn under a new coach but their midfield is no easy beats. Injuries on both sides will be important factor. It will be sold out. Just dreaming that majority of crowd will be Suns fans (not like in the past). It would make a big difference.

Crows are a real danger in round 1. They are familiar with game plan (I like their contest, pressure) with more experience, best offence.

We don't want to lose the first 2 games. Min 1W. Pressure is on.

You really are a big red machine
wrestling kane GIF by WWE

Thankfully i'm far more progressive than my namesake.

Jakey Rogers hype video today! Keen to see him in the 22 asap.

Our very own Zak Butters, need more dynamic players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if he's a candidate for getting eased into the AFL at half back like Sheezel did and McKercher/Reid this year?
Think it was mentioned earlier that he would start as a small fwd. Wonder if he is in full training now and involved in match sim. Believe we had another match sim on Wednesday, would be good to get some feedback on how things are shaping up and how guys like Rogers, read and Graham are fitting in.

Richmond will be licking their lips if King doesn't play - no Walter. People seem to think we are going to beat them easily - I'm not so sure.
Just keep in mind that Dimma knows all of their weaknesses. He knows exactly how to exploit them in that sense. It's not a coincidence that Dew, as a former Swans assistant coach, had a good record against Sydney while he coached the Suns, despite the major gulf in ladder positions for most of those years.

No Lynch. No Riewoldt. No Cotchin. No Dimma.

Just keep in mind that Dimma knows all of their weaknesses. He knows exactly how to exploit them in that sense. It's not a coincidence that Dew, as a former Swans assistant coach, had a good record against Sydney while he coached the Suns, despite the major gulf in ladder positions for most of those years.

No Lynch. No Riewoldt. No Cotchin. No Dimma.
He knew their gameplan weaknesses when he coached them. They have a different couch and gameplan now.
If anything, the Richmond players will know Dimmas gameplan inside and out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back