Preference - GWS OR BRIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently we're just making up the numbers so not really sure it matters who wins this week, as long as the game is brutal.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brisbane for mine. if GWS one day play to their optimum consistently then we could merge Collingwood and Richmond and i don't think we would win.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It be a very hostile environment whoever plays the pies!! We need all our 85,000 members out in force to make it a see if black and white at the mcg!!

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Much rather play Brisbane. Giants are far more talented & could have Coniglio back for the prelim should they make it. They will be out for revenge after last year too. Praying the lions win, no disrespect but I’d be a lot more confident playing them

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I must be the only one who prefer GWS. They’re generally bad at the G. They haven’t won a final at the G.

Also, I would back our defence to hold Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg to low scores.

GWS will be travelling back-to-back.

Brisbane play the G well. They weren’t bad against at the Tigers. Only poor goal kicking blew the game open.

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I must be the only one who prefer GWS. They’re generally bad at the G. They haven’t won a final at the G.

Also, I would back our defence to hold Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg to low scores.

Brisbane play the G well. They weren’t bad against at the Tigers. Only poor goal kicking blew the game open.
Yeah im with you, give me GWS. We have a good history against them aside from the 1 quarter this year. They have a history of fluffing it at the G & on big occasions. Our pressure + 90,000 pies fans would have them looking like deers in headlights

I'm not worried about match ups with either side.

I'd only prefer Brisbane because if they get through this week I think that they will be mentally shot by the preliminary final, after such a long season for them.

Not totally true. They haven't won at the G in 5 years. Since 2014, against us, funny enough.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Knew Greene wouldn’t get a suspension, no one gets suspended during the finals these days.
Collingwood players have copped their fair share in past eras. Cloke, Rocca and Carmen and each suspension had a huge impact on the outcome of the GF. Yet two Sydney Swan players blatantly punched their opponents and both played in their respective grand finals (Barry Hall and Dunkly). Enough to make you smell a dirty big rat.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
I tipped straight sets for Brisbane prior to the finals starting but I really hope I'm wrong as GWS worry me much more after their dominant display against the red hot Bulldogs.

I'm tipping West Coast but really only care that it's a dominant display by the victor whoever that may end up being. I want Richmond nervous by the end of the night

That didn't age well.

🤔 really, have I missed something? Has the Match Review Officer or the AFL tribunal handed out a suspension for an in game incident since last Saturday’s games? No? Didn’t think so ...

Can’t conflate an anti-doping suspension with on-field, game day incidents that are 100% within the AFL’s discretion.

🤔 really, have I missed something? Has the Match Review Officer or the AFL tribunal handed out a suspension for an in game incident since last Saturday’s games? No? Didn’t think so ...

Can’t conflate an anti-doping suspension with on-field, game day incidents that are 100% within the AFL’s discretion.
You're right. My bad:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back