Premiership Coach - 2018 AFL playing list - In progress

Remove this Banner Ad

Work is going well. I have adjusted ratings (nothing major, some over's & some under's I wasn't happy with at time of release) along with the contracts & training Groups. I will look through the players again for mistakes & try to clean them up as best I can & with the time I have.
If I have time I may look at coaches, no promises though.

The mistakes have been cleaned up, contacts updated. Need to do some small things, will run a test after that & should be good to go. I made an attempt to update some coaches ratings. It didn't go down quite right. I will try again after the rest is done.

Hit a snag in the update. I had everything almost finished & ready to test. I made a mistake or 2 somewhere in the players that I can't find & it won't upload to the game.
More positive note, I have caught up on the bigger stuff on a different computer, have been adjusting coaches ratings with success. If this continues I'll update coaches as well, not staff.
I have run a couple of incomplete tests with positive results mainly for the brownlow. Burton won & top 10 or so were mids.
I need to fix up some mistakes throughout & update coaching staff. I'll run a test & a small closed beta. If I'm happy with it it will go live.

EDIT: With a successful update of the head coaches, I thought I would take on a full staff update to 2018. Shouldn't be too hard to complete. I'll complete the players first. I think there is only 1 thing to change.

Last edited:
The lists are live.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/658zqmbu9dcti6s/user_2018.zip

A few items. These are playing lists ONLY, nothing else has been done to it, no clubs or records have been updated. I have tried to make it as balanced as possible. Last test had Brisbane playing a Prelim. I have tweaked that. Mids now win the Brownlow medal. No more Ruckman (almost 100% sure). I now understand Haydo's plight over why he doesn't want to do it every year.
If you liked what I did, let me know & why you liked it.
If you didn't like it, let me know & why you disliked it. Please don't leave me a messaged saying you didn't like it because your favorite player was underrated. There is an editor for a reason. These were my opinion of each player's ability, not everyone will agree so be constructive not abusive.

After Haydo said he was getting back into it, this as far as I want to go. If Haydo is going to continue with his then good luck Haydo & I understand your issues now.
Lastly I didn't do this all by myself. I had Sab22, Schods, Jrob1103 & Haydo (eventually) giving me advice on ratings & how to do things. For that, thanks guys.
Enjoy everyone.
Lists look really good! Thanks :)

This patch originally would have come from Schods, but he couldn't do it.

This is the 2018 ratings version 2.0. I tried to update or change as much as possible to get a close competition for most. Hopefully this does that. I'm not discounting your ratings or your opinions, but hopefully the changes I made make it a closer season & a bit more tension & excitement for everyone who play's this game.

I did some last minute tinkering, with ump notice for Ruckman who keep polling really well, as well as mids who don't poll enough.

Last minute things this is not perfect. It's my image of the comp, if you want to change it go for it. Players may also display the wrong club on the awards screen I spent 2 hours going through the players & didn't find anything wrong with 98%.

Hopefully I can capture a bigger entertainment value than the last (rushed) attempt that I put out.
The Change log:
  • Updated (hopefully correct) birth dates, Names, weights & heights to match most recent club sites.
  • Updated Player ratings for some players (not all)
  • Updated relationship, discipline ratings.
  • Updated consistency ratings
  • Updated Umpire likes & notice ratings
  • Updated draft order
  • Updated Staff to 2018 (I couldn't find everything, so for clubs like Geelong or Fremantle only the coaching staff has been added. Some clubs didn't or haven't hired a Ruck coach so I left that spot open)
  • Updated training groups (Are still a few that I couldn't pick, eg. Cutler is a small def, plays wing & some half for, so I put him in the mid)
  • Updated staff ratings (Adam Simpson has a rating of about 11, now has mid of 16) & board credits
  • Updated Staff positions
  • Updated Injury rating
  • All 18 coaches & some updated Coaches are also in this game. (No Malthouse, Eade, Wallace or Blight)
  • Players display clubs (matters for Rising star & Coleman medal)
I hope you guys enjoy version 2.0. With the Beta & possibly a new game coming in 2019, this may be the last time an update is done, we shall see.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ueb86pj55d3kh2p/user_2018.zip/file

Just for the sake of it, This was my last test results:
Test.png
Adelaide won the flag, Essendon Runners up.
message.png
Adam Cerra was rising star.

Last edited:
I like to play my teams till the last real listed player is there. Played as Carlton for a challenge but theres plenty of youth there to progress with. I also don't trade for players only what the computer offers me as a trade to make it more challenging. I think i'll try Port next because they seem to bottom out for years after the first 2.

If you want to trade for any Carlton players Tom Williamson is a steal just sit him in the back pocket for his career. From other teams pick up Brayden Crossley in the pre season draft or whenever he gets delisted he's a norm smith magnet, he won 3 as my emergency ruck and only played 25 odd games

Doing a Richmond save in my spare time atm without trading for players.

Whats the best thing to look for in a tall defender? Putting them at full back or CHB and they only get 100 possessions for and 400+ against, is this normal for the game?

This is normal, even for tall defenders rated around 85-90. Key forwards seem to get tons of possessions and goals, and it doesn't seem to matter how highly rated the key defender is.

If you are looking at developing a tall defender, you can put them in the left back pocket and you can expect them to get 300 possessions and around 100 tackles.

This is normal, even for tall defenders rated around 85-90. Key forwards seem to get tons of possessions and goals, and it doesn't seem to matter how highly rated the key defender is.

If you are looking at developing a tall defender, you can put them in the left back pocket and you can expect them to get 300 possessions and around 100 tackles.

What about the scouts missing out on 17 year olds and scouting 24 year olds?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Fog of War" - computer scouts 'knows' each player's true ratings - whereas yours do not, and can get it wrong.

"17yo" - these players are only added to the available draft pool at a certain age - it's not uncommon for a player to turn 18 during the period between national draft and rookie draft, and be a steal at #1 in the rookie draft. I had North Melbourne once pick up a 1200 goal FF in the national draft, then a 960 goal CHF in the rookie - my scouts (maxxed - best in league) had not scouted either due to age.

Re: Talls - simming games will result in horrible Key defender stats, but they will still develop. Playing in back pocket gets better stats and ratings, but won't necessarily improve ratings any quicker. You can basically ignore ratings and stats for key defenders (in fact, you can pretty much ignore ratings overall).

Focus on strength, height and spoiling in your KPD - they rarely leave the D50, don't get subbed, and will have 20+ one-on-one contests a game.

Is there any reason why the folder would be empty once trying to download this file?

Tried it myself, you are correct. The creator probably deleted those files, because they weren't getting used or file dropper might have deleted it itself. I'm not exactly sure.

Do you have PC 2011?

First of all, thanks SJL93 and helpers for your updated 2018 player list, it's given me hours of enjoyment.
I've will provide a 2018 player photo pack (I hate seeing players without proper photos) and it will be done when I've adjusted the image formats etc.
I just need your players updated so the photos will work, the corrections come from the AFL website:

Adelaide - Elliot Himmelberg should be Elliott
Mathew Signorello should be Matthew

Brisbane - Tom Fullerton is not in database, do any Brisbane supporters know if he is legit on their list or not?

Collingwood - Adam Oxley not in database, same deal as above?
Brody Mihoceck should be Brody Mihocek
Mason Cox, is he still rookie listed?

Essendon - Micheal Hartley should be Michael Hartley

WesternBulldogs - Jason Johannissen should be Jason Johannisen

Freo - Bailey Banfiled should be Bailey Banfield
Micheal Apeness should be Michael Apeness

Geelong - Brandon Parfitt should be Brandan Parfitt
Corey Gregson should be Cory Gregson
Sam Mengola should be Sam Menegola

Gold Coast - Jarad Lyons should be Jarryd Lyons
Jeese Lonergan should be Jesse Lonergan
Stephen May should be Steven May
Will Powell should be Wil Powell

Hawthorn - Connor Nash should be Conor Nash
Johnathon ORourke should be Jonathan ORourke

North - Brayden Preuss should be Braydon Preuss

I will include GWS photos as well, just in case.
I realise I can edit these player details in my own game but we probably should get this done in the already freely available player list.
If you're not updating the player list anymore let me know.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks SJL93 and helpers for your updated 2018 player list, it's given me hours of enjoyment.
I've will provide a 2018 player photo pack (I hate seeing players without proper photos) and it will be done when I've adjusted the image formats etc.
I just need your players updated so the photos will work, the corrections come from the AFL website:

Adelaide - Elliot Himmelberg should be Elliott
Mathew Signorello should be Matthew

Brisbane - Tom Fullerton is not in database, do any Brisbane supporters know if he is legit on their list or not?

Collingwood - Adam Oxley not in database, same deal as above?
Brody Mihoceck should be Brody Mihocek
Mason Cox, is he still rookie listed?

Essendon - Micheal Hartley should be Michael Hartley

WesternBulldogs - Jason Johannissen should be Jason Johannisen

Freo - Bailey Banfiled should be Bailey Banfield
Micheal Apeness should be Michael Apeness

Geelong - Brandon Parfitt should be Brandan Parfitt
Corey Gregson should be Cory Gregson
Sam Mengola should be Sam Menegola

Gold Coast - Jarad Lyons should be Jarryd Lyons
Jeese Lonergan should be Jesse Lonergan
Stephen May should be Steven May
Will Powell should be Wil Powell

Hawthorn - Connor Nash should be Conor Nash
Johnathon ORourke should be Jonathan ORourke

North - Brayden Preuss should be Braydon Preuss

I will include GWS photos as well, just in case.
I realise I can edit these player details in my own game but we probably should get this done in the already freely available player list.
If you're not updating the player list anymore let me know.

I realize the spelling errors there. I thought I cleaned them up in V2 or at least most of them.
There was a AFL rule change where there is 2 rookie categories now. A & B. Cat A: local players coming through the TAC cup system, re drafts of older players. Cat B: International players like Cox, Byrne, McKenna. Also includes mature age players from state leagues, other sporting code players e.g. Blicavs (came from Athletics). The AFL made a rule last year that players from Cat A rookie list are always available for selection, where as Cat B were only considered when elevated. Cox got promoted in 2016 to Cat A. I haven't read anything about Cox being promoted to the senior list so that's were he stayed.

All these lists were designed to come into effect on Jan 1 2018. Tom Fullerton only signed in June. Oxley I must have forgot or imagined he retired.

Bam! Players images posted at:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5h91c48vnz8cx77/2018_Images.zip/file

Backup your existing player images in that folder as they will be overwritten.
Just extract into \Premiership Coach 2011\Images and they should go into the PlayerImages folder.
I did a quick check and everything seems ok, lemme know what I missed etc. I did a few hack jobs where photos were missing from the AFL site.
I changed some of the file names of the photos to the PlayerID number instead of the Player Name, so that if/when they get fixed they will still display properly.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Tried it myself, you are correct. The creator probably deleted those files, because they weren't getting used or file dropper might have deleted it itself. I'm not exactly sure.

Do you have PC 2011?

Had it in the past but lost it with getting a new laptop recently

The lists are live.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/658zqmbu9dcti6s/user_2018.zip

A few items. These are playing lists ONLY, nothing else has been done to it, no clubs or records have been updated. I have tried to make it as balanced as possible. Last test had Brisbane playing a Prelim. I have tweaked that. Mids now win the Brownlow medal. No more Ruckman (almost 100% sure). I now understand Haydo's plight over why he doesn't want to do it every year.
If you liked what I did, let me know & why you liked it.
If you didn't like it, let me know & why you disliked it. Please don't leave me a messaged saying you didn't like it because your favorite player was underrated. There is an editor for a reason. These were my opinion of each player's ability, not everyone will agree so be constructive not abusive.

After Haydo said he was getting back into it, this as far as I want to go. If Haydo is going to continue with his then good luck Haydo & I understand your issues now.
Lastly I didn't do this all by myself. I had Sab22, Schods, Jrob1103 & Haydo (eventually) giving me advice on ratings & how to do things. For that, thanks guys.
Enjoy everyone.

Hey guys, the link doesn't seem to be working. Any chance I could get a fresh link? would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Picked up Darcy Fogarty in my fantasy draft save and plonked him at full forward from day 1.

Reminds me of a player I drafted in one career mode. He ended up playing 428 and kicking over 2200 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back