Premiership Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Have poured so many hours into this game, so also very happy to chip in cash for an update for just an 18th team and maybe an easy way to do your own lists for a non-programmer orientated person would also be elite, anything else be a bonus.

Theres an excel spreadsheet based way to handle lists, can be saved as csv & the game can read it in and parse into player model/xml. Can clean that up a bit and make it available.

So quick update - haven't spend as much time on it as i've wanted the past couple of weeks but that should be able to change soon.

From a design perspective, i'd be interested to see how people would want player attributes to be displayed - would people want something more like a exact overall number that makes it easier to compare similar players, or use a more football manager style star rating or F to A+ scale (like a lot of more recent management games).

Also if anyone wants to help either from a development or more of a design perspective i'd be more than happy for you to get in touch.

For any here interested, or who I've worked with at times over the years I plan to lend a hand with some development here and there while rhaums now has project ownership/game direction moving forward.

So quick update - haven't spend as much time on it as i've wanted the past couple of weeks but that should be able to change soon.

From a design perspective, i'd be interested to see how people would want player attributes to be displayed - would people want something more like a exact overall number that makes it easier to compare similar players, or use a more football manager style star rating or F to A+ scale (like a lot of more recent management games).

Also if anyone wants to help either from a development or more of a design perspective i'd be more than happy for you to get in touch.
I'd prefer the letter scale personally, there needs to be some sort of "fog of war" or gray area where you know the ballpark figure but not the exact number.
This also ties in with scouting, maybe you could see the exact stat number if you have better scouts etc.

I'd prefer the letter scale personally, there needs to be some sort of "fog of war" or gray area where you know the ballpark figure but not the exact number.
This also ties in with scouting, maybe you could see the exact stat number if you have better scouts etc.
I'd agree - imo scouts would be unlikely to be able to be precise enough to say give an exact rating to compare two AA calibre forwards at goalkicking, but could easily say they are two of the best in the league.

Theres an excel spreadsheet based way to handle lists, can be saved as csv & the game can read it in and parse into player model/xml. Can clean that up a bit and make it available.
I created something similar recently in java, creating rookies and player lists from spreedsheets, would be keen to check out what you was using =)

This would be brilliant if you could make this available! I'd be able to have a go at creating 2022 lists for everyone in anticipation of rhaums update of the game.

This would be brilliant if you could make this available! I'd be able to have a go at creating 2022 lists for everyone in anticipation of rhaums update of the game.
I can share my version of a similar editor, I've been working on 2022 lists and 2002 lists for something different, Just need to finish player ratings.

I can share my version of a similar editor, I've been working on 2022 lists and 2002 lists for something different, Just need to finish player ratings.
That leads me to an interesting question, which is do people care about historical seasons? That wouldn't be implemented immediately, but if that was in demand, that could be something i put as a long term goal, if it's only a few people that likely moves towards the back of the wishlist though.

That leads me to an interesting question, which is do people care about historical seasons? That wouldn't be implemented immediately, but if that was in demand, that could be something i put as a long term goal, if it's only a few people that likely moves towards the back of the wishlist though.
It's great to be able to look back at an existing players career and see how they have travelled but I personally wouldn't mind if its in v2.

What do you mean by historical seasons? Do you mean prior to you coaching? Because keeping track of as much data as you can of seasons you coached is vital.

If by historical season you mean things such as checking your win/loss record of the past five seasons then yes that is vital. But if by historical season you mean who won the flag in the year 1998 or trivial questions then that is not really important.

One suggestion for the new game is allow all the data files on past players you coached to not be deleted. When a player retires you lose the ability to view their profile. I assume it was done to save storage space. But could you make it so players you coached have their data saved so you can view their profile. Always wanted to look back at past captains scores.

Second suggestion is for captain and vice captaincy role to have some sort of impact. At the moment it seems to not do much other than a label. Perhaps if a player has 100 leadership rating in big games he should be able to monster games. Also taggers seems to not do much as well?

Yeah I'm down to help development. My workload is mostly university work and some casual work. So there are periods when I'm completely free. You might be able to judge my abilities better than me if I'm suitable to help.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of the UI I designed?
540627_3b1231d1185251ee391fda378e390a68.png

What looks good and what needs improvement?
Sorry I know this is quite old, but your interface looks nicer then mine, and it's confused me.
Is that a different version? I've been trying to play recently, but everytime i get to the 2nd season, on december 8th it stops working. :(

Hello lads,
I made 2021 lists for my own amusement while waiting for proper lists. Since they never turned up, I thought I'd hand out my list for someone to use to build a 2022 list.
Given that I used it for mucking about, it's far from a perfectly accurate database, which you will see if you use it, it's as much a fantasy database as an accurate (mostly) database. For example, I added a few GWS players and state league players to the database, just for the fun of it (and because list sizes were larger in 2011, so instead of deleting players this was my answer).

If anyone wants the download, I'll link it (if that's allowed). Feel free to play it as it is. Or use it to make an updated 2022 list. I just have no interest (or time) to go through it file by file, or debug missing brackets, now.

Attachments

• user_2021.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 37
  • premcoach_details.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 41
Hello lads,
I made 2021 lists for my own amusement while waiting for proper lists. Since they never turned up, I thought I'd hand out my list for someone to use to build a 2022 list.
Given that I used it for mucking about, it's far from a perfectly accurate database, which you will see if you use it, it's as much a fantasy database as an accurate (mostly) database. For example, I added a few GWS players and state league players to the database, just for the fun of it (and because list sizes were larger in 2011, so instead of deleting players this was my answer).

If anyone wants the download, I'll link it (if that's allowed). Feel free to play it as it is. Or use it to make an updated 2022 list. I just have no interest (or time) to go through it file by file, or debug missing brackets, now.
Would love the download mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well here it is. 2022 lists.
Now for a disclaimer. I am not a programmer, and my knowledge of XML consists of this game. Also, this game is a nightmare to debug. What I'm getting at is... these lists aren't perfect, but it is accurate to this year., you can load your favourite teams list and screw about with the positions and play games. Though you will see it is lacking in areas such as stats or other fine details, I don't have the expertise to tinker with the files more than I already have. Player attributes I have gone through roughly, but you can use the in-game editor to change that yourselves.
Here they are, the best I can manage, 2022 lists attached to the post in .zip form, or if that doesn't work, send a dm.
Hopefully there is someone out there who can improve on what I have done.

Attachments

• user_2022.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
Well here it is. 2022 lists.
Now for a disclaimer. I am not a programmer, and my knowledge of XML consists of this game. Also, this game is a nightmare to debug. What I'm getting at is... these lists aren't perfect, but it is accurate to this year., you can load your favourite teams list and screw about with the positions and play games. Though you will see it is lacking in areas such as stats or other fine details, I don't have the expertise to tinker with the files more than I already have. Player attributes I have gone through roughly, but you can use the in-game editor to change that yourselves.
Here they are, the best I can manage, 2022 lists attached to the post in .zip form, or if that doesn't work, send a dm.
Hopefully there is someone out there who can improve on what I have done.
Hey Sarge, thanks so much for this. Only thing I noticed when starting a Blues save is that George Hewett isn't there? Are you able to add him or show me how to do so?

Hey Sarge, thanks so much for this. Only thing I noticed when starting a Blues save is that George Hewett isn't there? Are you able to add him or show me how to do so?
Ah, I see what you mean. I remember adding him, but with the way I added players there might have been some *ery.

I can add him, tho it might be a few days before I get around to it.

But if you want to have a go, here's a guide:
- Notepad++ (with XML tools plug-in) is best. Regular notepad can work, but it can cause some mischief.
-The files are in Data > Base > User2022 > Players. First, make a backup and restart your pc if you've been playing recently. (not sure why, but I couldn't save files if a save game / editor had been open in the same session as editing)
-Essentially I took the 2021 save and replaced retired/delisted players with current lists going by jumper number, changing the name and height/weight. More difficult is editing games played. Adding games is easy enough, see the screenshot. Removing games involves deleting <season> blocks off their <seasons> history. Be careful when deleting, as any broken tags will break the game when you load the database. A safer but more time consuming way is to delete the data in each field one at a time.
  • Work out which player will be replaced with Hewett, search for their name with the windows explorer search bar.
  • Save then load a save to test if its working, if it is, go into the editor to change stats.
  • For some reason, if edited with normal notepad, the game would add extra text after the last </player> tag in the file on its own, which crashes the game when loading a DB. The games error log won't tell you what file has caused the crash, annoyingly, but it will tell you what line the error is on. Go back to the editing file and edit out the error, which should fix this. Oddly, Notepad++ doesn't cause this. Honestly, I believe debugging this game is what causes so many to not follow through with making updated lists lol.

I also attached a .txt file with the codes for each team.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 46
  • premcoach_details.txt
    982 bytes · Views: 23
Ah, I see what you mean. I remember adding him, but with the way I added players there might have been some *ery.

I can add him, tho it might be a few days before I get around to it.

But if you want to have a go, here's a guide:
- Notepad++ (with XML tools plug-in) is best. Regular notepad can work, but it can cause some mischief.
-The files are in Data > Base > User2022 > Players. First, make a backup and restart your pc if you've been playing recently. (not sure why, but I couldn't save files if a save game / editor had been open in the same session as editing)
-Essentially I took the 2021 save and replaced retired/delisted players with current lists going by jumper number, changing the name and height/weight. More difficult is editing games played. Adding games is easy enough, see the screenshot. Removing games involves deleting <season> blocks off their <seasons> history. Be careful when deleting, as any broken tags will break the game when you load the database. A safer but more time consuming way is to delete the data in each field one at a time.
  • Work out which player will be replaced with Hewett, search for their name with the windows explorer search bar.
  • Save then load a save to test if its working, if it is, go into the editor to change stats.
  • For some reason, if edited with normal notepad, the game would add extra text after the last </player> tag in the file on its own, which crashes the game when loading a DB. The games error log won't tell you what file has caused the crash, annoyingly, but it will tell you what line the error is on. Go back to the editing file and edit out the error, which should fix this. Oddly, Notepad++ doesn't cause this. Honestly, I believe debugging this game is what causes so many to not follow through with making updated lists lol.

I also attached a .txt file with the codes for each team.
Can't seem to get it to work :( will just wait for you if that's okay

Can't seem to get it to work :( will just wait for you if that's okay
Ah well, you had a go at least. Curious to hear how you found editing it.
Anyway, attached is an updated DB. Tried moving a 'topup' player from another club to Carlton and replaced him with George. Haven't edited attributes or anything, however.

Attachments

• user_2022.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 36
Ah well, you had a go at least. Curious to hear how you found editing it.
Anyway, attached is an updated DB. Tried moving a 'topup' player from another club to Carlton and replaced him with George. Haven't edited attributes or anything, however.

Names and numbers all look good. I'm working to update Richmond player ratings and to changed DOB and contract expiry to reflect 2022, ie making everyone 11 years older than they really are so Dusty is 31 in the game etc.

Will upload here for the next person to make iterations as appropriate.

Names and numbers all look good. I'm working to update Richmond player ratings and to changed DOB and contract expiry to reflect 2022, ie making everyone 11 years older than they really are so Dusty is 31 in the game etc.

Will upload here for the next person to make iterations as appropriate.
Thanks for continuing the work!
Yeah, shame about the game being stuck in 2011, makes things a bit trickier.

New version uploaded: user_2022_220729

• Corrected all Richmond players, ratings, positions, contract years, rough contract values.
  • Removed four retired players from various clubs.
  • Re-rated about a dozen players from various clubs.

Happy to make further changes on others' recommendations.

Attachments

• user_2022_220729.zip
    2 MB · Views: 31
Nice! I was going to go through and make all the players 11 years older too but just haven’t had the time. Also figured out if you delete all of the years played and put in a blank year from a player who has debuted yet you can update it with the players total stats and it’ll update them to that. It won’t have the year by year breakdown but at least that way the game will start with all players having up to date stats. Not a perfect solution but much faster than going through year by year and updating everything. You can also just set the year to any number so I was setting them to ‘0’ that way it was easily distinguishable from the rest. It doesn’t seem to effect the records in the game like most goals in a year etc either but I haven’t fully tested that. Hopefully I get some time off work to have another play around with it soon. 🙂

These list look good!

Changing the ages can be quite tedious. The way I used to do it in notepad ++ was find the oldest player and run a 'find and replace' script within the 2022 database (for example) <Year>1985</Year> and replace it with <Year>1980</Year> which makes all players born in 1985 5 years older. Then can change 1986 back to 1981 and so on. This occasionally causes minor problems with players draft/season history with the older players but doesn't effect the game at all. This would need to be done before putting in the new draftees though (assuming the draftees ages are already scaled correctly) otherwise their ages would all be incorrect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back