Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Big shout out to Luke Nankervis, Jake Soligo, Braden Cook and Josh Rachele who came out to my sons footy club registration day.
The lads did signing then went out and played scratch matches with the boys and marks up.
They really involved themselves and spent a a heap of time playing with the lads.
My son loves Rachele and Josh gave him his hat.
Made my lads day.
View attachment 1600514
Did you ask them how Ned and Jones get games?

Big shout out to Luke Nankervis, Jake Soligo, Braden Cook and Josh Rachele who came out to my sons footy club registration day.
The lads did signing then went out and played scratch matches with the boys and marks up.
They really involved themselves and spent a a heap of time playing with the lads.
My son loves Rachele and Josh gave him his hat.
Made my lads day.
Dunno if we've been doing a lot of this in the past, as far as I'm aware we don't but if we have / are, its good to see as we've given Port way too much free kicks with stuff like this. We need to do things to fight to win appreciation from the younger generations.

Dunno if we've been doing a lot of this in the past, as far as I'm aware we don't but if we have / are, its good to see as we've given Port way too much free kicks with stuff like this. We need to do things to fight to win appreciation from the younger generations.
Pretty sure we do this every season.

Still remember Troy Bond coming to my s**t house primary school in 96 when I was in year 7. Been doing it a while yeah.

Still way more crows jumpers around I’ve found.

Still remember Troy Bond coming to my s**t house primary school in 96 when I was in year 7. Been doing it a while yeah.
Clay Sampson came to our school and got lost was supposed to be at Kangarilla at 10am but ended up in Yankalilla.... Didn't arrive to Kangarilla until 2:30pm had like 5 kicks then left.

Every kid gave Clay something to give to Tony Modra haha

Mitch Hinge says finals are a “bare minimum” for the Adelaide Crows in 2023.

The Crows finished last season in 14th position with eight wins following four years of no finals since their 2017 Grand Final appearance.

There has been incremental growth under Matthew Nicks across three seasons and according to Hinge, the time is now to really step up and play finals footy.

Defender/midfielder Hinge indicated that honourable losses are getting old and believes the youthful Crows have enough quality to make their presence felt this season.

“I would think, to be completely honest, that finals definitely shouldn’t be out of the question,” Hinge said on SEN SA Breakfast when asked about the expectations of the club.

“It should be our bare minimum of what we’re pushing for.

The Crows finished last season in 14th position with eight wins following four years of no finals since their 2017 Grand Final appearance.

There has been incremental growth under Matthew Nicks across three seasons and according to Hinge, the time is now to really step up and play finals footy.

Defender/midfielder Hinge indicated that honourable losses are getting old and believes the youthful Crows have enough quality to make their presence felt this season.

“I would think, to be completely honest, that finals definitely shouldn’t be out of the question,” Hinge said on SEN SA Breakfast when asked about the expectations of the club.

All clubs are going to say they are aiming for finals pre-season... even Hawks & Roos.

Realistically given the inexperience of our list, we are not likely to be challenging for finals until 2024.

However, we should expect to see improvements this year, including beating top 8 teams... but we are likely to see some inconsistency whilst so many of our team are yet to make it to 50 games.

All clubs are going to say they are aiming for finals pre-season... even Hawks & Roos.

Realistically given the inexperience of our list, we are not likely to be challenging for finals until 2024.

However, we should expect to see improvements this year, including beating top 8 teams... but we are likely to see some inconsistency whilst so many of our team are yet to make it to 50 games.
What I liked about his interview wasn't so much him saying they want to make finals but they're getting tired of the "honourable losses" and aren't happy with just pushing good teams.

"Going forward it's not just acceptable to keep pushing teams to the end, it doesn't matter how good they are. We want to be pushing every game and looking to win every game. Last year, especially myself, l finished the year just being unsatisfied to be completely honest. I reckon there were a lot of boys in that boat as well"

I like that mentality. It doesn't matter what the outside noise or online predictions are. Inside the 4 walls this should 100% be the mindset of the coaches and players.

Watching the Chicago Bulls doco "The Last Dance" gave a great example of the power of higher internal expectation. Seeing how 1 player on a bad team with a "We Will Not Lose This Game" frame of mind can completely turn a losing side into a winning side, and change the thinking of older players. Granted that 1 player was a 21 year old Michael Jordan, but it still checks out for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clay Sampson came to our school and got lost was supposed to be at Kangarilla at 10am but ended up in Yankalilla.... Didn't arrive to Kangarilla until 2:30pm had like 5 kicks then left.

Every kid gave Clay something to give to Tony Modra haha

Rod Jameson ran a clinic I was at once and he said to me 'ala Peter Matera' after I dished out a baulk on some kid and got the handball back to Jamo

Thought I was gonna make it after that

Rod Jameson ran a clinic I was at once and he said to me 'ala Peter Matera' after I dished out a baulk on some kid and got the handball back to Jamo

Thought I was gonna make it after that
Simon Tregenza would have been triggered

This guy looks like a monster. Feeling good about our KPD stocks.
TBF ....Hartigan had a great physique ....they maybe built like tree trunks ..we just hope they don't play like tree trunks

That said, he's a good pickup ....worth the gamble

Back