If the Crows do well this year, what will be the medias hot takes be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I will start.

1. It's about having a good forward line.
With the Crows having a workman like midfield, and backline full of late draft picks and rooke selections, the forward line is the most important part of the ground.
If you have an excellent forward line even if you half the amount of entries, you can still get a winning score.

2. You dont need to draft defenders in the first round.
You should be using those high draft picks on players who hit the score board.
You can make reliable defenders out of forwards who don't make it as forwards, and you can find serviceable stoppers late in the draft or in the state leagues

3. You need midfielders who kick goals.
If your midfield can give you 5 or 6 goals a game then it makes the defenders lives harder and makes the opposition midfield worry .ore about what you are doing then on their own game.

4. Poaching good players with your first round picks is better than using them on untried kids in the draft.

What others can we look forward to?

I also predict that how we got Miichaelanny with the question marks over not playing enough games will come up.

I noticed people over on the Port board talking about this.

My take is that Michaelanny was originally considered to be mid to late 2nd rounder (until Sydney had some interest closer to draft day) so they most probably decided it wasn't worth worrying about and just let it go through to the keeper.

I noticed people over on the Port board talking about this.

My take is that Michaelanny was originally considered to be mid to late 2nd rounder (until Sydney had some interest closer to draft day) so they most probably decided it wasn't worth worrying about and just let it go through to the keeper.
Most likely. Maybe Rucci wasn't as motivated to screw us over like he was with Gibbs.
Do we know the actual game count for Big Jim? What were pre-season and what wasn't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back