Who could you tolerate winning the flag this year?

Who could you tolerate winning the flag (select all that apply)?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They used to be a very hateable team. But with the demise of Eddy and introduction of Craig McCrae and their ridiculously articulate captain... not to mention playing a watchable brand of footy... they aren't the team to hate anymore.
Pies cop alot of flack. But actually have enjoyed them since they have got McRae as a coach. Also when pies are up it makes footy a much better sport. Which other melbourne team gets 80k+ to every home game when they are flying.

Makes the sport much better.

To anyone who has never been to a full MCG with the pies playing, it is a spectacle. The sound is out of this world.
Pies being up and about is bad for everyone except them. They are already the most powerful club. Being more successful means they get more prime time, more sponsorship money, more valuable off-cap endorsement deals for their players, more power, and an even bigger focus on Melbourne as the centre of the game. If you think the most powerful club in Melbourne getting more powerful is ā€˜good for footyā€™ I canā€™t help you. Itā€™s definitely bad for us.

Anyone but Port before last week but I can add Sydney to that now.
To see them both go out in straight sets would be delicious.
I dont blame Sydney for that debacle, its 100% on the goal umpire and the AFL.

But you know... Spirit of the Game... and all that...;)
Im fine with that, its really up to the umpires to do their job properly in the first place. I dont wear glasses unlike the goal umpire and I would have honestly asked for a score review Ive seen them do it for a point or out of bounds on the full, so the mechanism is there , there was just too many external factors going on to make a 100% correct decision. It was arrogant by the goal umpire to believe he had zero doubt and Im glad he was stood down.

Im not even sure Ive ever seen a decision reversed based only for a player being honest.

Pies cop alot of flack. But actually have enjoyed them since they have got McRae as a coach. Also when pies are up it makes footy a much better sport. Which other melbourne team gets 80k+ to every home game when they are flying.

Makes the sport much better.

To anyone who has never been to a full MCG with the pies playing, it is a spectacle. The sound is out of this world.
Was at the 2002 prelim (the one where Tyson Edwards got smashed by Jason Cloke)

89,000 there. Atmosphere was sensational. Putting up with smug Collingwood flogs afterwards was hard to take though....

Back