Who could you tolerate winning the flag this year?

Who could you tolerate winning the flag (select all that apply)?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 3, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aside from us being the rightful 2023 Premiers, who would you tolerate seeing steal our flag?

1. Brisbane - Not Victorian, not given unlimited favours by AFL House. Cool animal, half decent chance to actually be there.

2. St Kilda - Victorian, but completely inoffensive in every way. So blank history-wise I'd remember University before I got to St Kilda if I was listing every team.

3. GWS - Wouldn't have to put up with too many fans in the offseason. Can overlook their 2 come from behind victories over us.

ABSOLUTE DAYLIGHT

4. I guess Sydney if only for the novelty of being able to say it should've been us.

5. Melbourne - I don't actually hate them too much and coped just fine in the aftermath of 2021.

LOTS MORE DAYLIGHT

6. Collingwood - just an absolute daily reminder that the AFL cares only about money and that means big clubs get big favours from AFL House.

7. Carlton - See Collingwood but it'll be absolutely worse from Carlton supporters. They used to act like they won a flag prior to every Round 1. They were awful last year when they thought they were gonna make finals and I haven't seen anything to suggest it has been any better this year. They will know it'll be there only one too so they'd absolutely bathe in it.

CAN ANYONE FIND MORE DAYLIGHT?

8. campaigners

Here’s a fun game.

The premier has to come from Port, Sydney or Carlton.

Who do you pick and why?

I’ll go first

Sydney by an absolute mile. Didn't even have to think about it. Instantly Sydney, and Sydney every other time I think about it

GWS
Brisbane
Melbourne
Collingwood
St Kilda

Sydney

Port Adelaide

Carlton

I honestly reckon Carlton winning the flag would be an absolute disaster in terms of the fan and media reaction. Worse than Port winning. The media will be gagging hard if it happens and the fans will be insufferable on a level far worse than Richmond. They are a far bigger club than a minnow like Port too so there will be a tidal wave of flogs if they win

I’m happy for Pies to win. Despite their reputation they have a pretty decent fan base. They also don’t seem to steal as much talent from smaller clubs like the other ‘big’ clubs or at least trade fairly. Play an exciting brand of football. Professionally run. I’m 100% okay with a collingwood flag, they’ve earned it.

Also okay with Lions, but I am just incredibly worried they’ll s**t the bed on GF day (ala the Swans last year), and we deserve a decent grand final match up this year!

1. Brisbane - Quite likeable
2. GWS - Non Vic & I like what Kingsley is building
3. St Kilda - Drought breakers
4. Sydney - Not their fault we didn’t make it
5. Carlton - Get this “fairytale” (always exclusively Victorian isn’t it) out of the way before we’re contending. I don’t want another stitch up thanks.
6. Melbourne - They’re fine.
7. Collingwood - Eddie Maguire exists.
8. Port - duh.

1. Collingwood. Clearly the best team. Have no hate for them even though we're supposed to for some reason.

2. GWS. Why not. No one would care. It'd be as close as you can get to no one winning.

3. StK. Might as well. They're no chance whatsoever, always had a soft spot for them though.

4. Melbourne. Because they won one recently anyway so who cares.

Rest can gagf. Sydney would be funny for the lol.

* Carlton.

* Brisbane.

But most of all, * Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping the Saints win, even though it is highly unlikely. The majority of their supporters are salt of the earth types, and have had misery for 50 years.

Other than that I could handle Brisbane, Melbourne and GWS.

My nightmare is Carlton winning off the back of a "fairytale" umpiring ride aka Dogs in 2016 and Tigers in 2017.

Their poncey club song and aggressive supporters (mainly either highly arrogant old money types, or overly caffeinated Melbourne Victory fans) are to be avoided.

GWS - we lost to them twice.

We also did lose twice to Collingwood but we got screwed by the umpires at the G.

Melbourne - I can live with given won in 2021.

Brisbane - no, because of Daniher.
Sydney - no, their supporters are clueless with regard to footy knowledge
Saints - let their misery continue

Then we have Collingwood, Carlton and Port - they can all go and get ****ed!

Last edited:
Brisbane for me.

Then, unpopular opinion, Collingwood. I like the way they play. Best coached/ drilled team in the comp.

Don't care about the rest.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
pretty much nailed it for me too

don't want to see st kilda win it - mainly because of that flog of an afl facebook page

Wow, genuinely surprised at the lack of sympathy for long-suffering fans. Carlton aren’t that bad are they? Surely less bad than the Pies?

Edit - also truly amazed at the love for Sydney, who are there at our expense, have had lots of recent GFs, and most of their best players acquired through AFL concessions. Do you people not care about fairness?

Carlton aren’t that bad are they
i live up the road from princes park and live in a block of units with heavy carlton support - they can GAGF

Won't happen as neither are good enough but if there was a Port vs Sydney GF it would be tough to choose.

Probably Sydney as long term hatred > short term hatred

Back