Who could you tolerate winning the flag this year?

Who could you tolerate winning the flag (select all that apply)?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol for whoever voted for Port wtf lol
No genuine Crows poster would have picked Port.

I dont care how much a Port flag would motivate the Club to get their third flag, I would rather us be in a drought than Port win one.

GWS would be cool to see, love what they've done this year aside from beating us twice but that 2nd win at AO they were just harder & wanted it more so deserved it. Gut feel is Brisbane or Melbourne take it.

In order of preference

1. GWS
2. Brisbane - would be genuinely happy for either of those teams

3. Melbourne - always back in an ex Crow as coach (some exceptions will apply)

4. Sydney - for the lols
5. Collingwood - I don't hate them like I used to. Helps that Eddie isn't everywhere like he used to be.

6. St Kilda - I quite like them staying in their squalor of irrelevance. Don't need another team pegging us up a spot on the list of longest premiership droughts
7. Carlton - ditto. Plus the smugness of pigface McClure would be horrendous.

8. Port - duh

In order of preference

3. Melbourne - always back in an ex Crow as coach (some exceptions will apply)
Goodwin wins another flag and is mentally exhausted and finished with footy.

6 months later........

Adelaide announces a new coach who brings a midfielder or two with him. :$

GWS would be cool to see, love what they've done this year aside from beating us twice but that 2nd win at AO they were just harder & wanted it more so deserved it. Gut feel is Brisbane or Melbourne take it.
Champion Data have Melbourne then Brisbane ahead in the Premiership race over everyone else. I think Carlton and GWS are right up there though according to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from us being the rightful 2023 Premiers, who would you tolerate seeing steal our flag?

1. Brisbane - Not Victorian, not given unlimited favours by AFL House. Cool animal, half decent chance to actually be there.

2. St Kilda - Victorian, but completely inoffensive in every way. So blank history-wise I'd remember University before I got to St Kilda if I was listing every team.

3. GWS - Wouldn't have to put up with too many fans in the offseason. Can overlook their 2 come from behind victories over us.

ABSOLUTE DAYLIGHT

4. I guess Sydney if only for the novelty of being able to say it should've been us.

5. Melbourne - I don't actually hate them too much and coped just fine in the aftermath of 2021.

LOTS MORE DAYLIGHT

6. Collingwood - just an absolute daily reminder that the AFL cares only about money and that means big clubs get big favours from AFL House.

7. Carlton - See Collingwood but it'll be absolutely worse from Carlton supporters. They used to act like they won a flag prior to every Round 1. They were awful last year when they thought they were gonna make finals and I haven't seen anything to suggest it has been any better this year. They will know it'll be there only one too so they'd absolutely bathe in it.

CAN ANYONE FIND MORE DAYLIGHT?

8. campaigners

I’m always happy for the 22 that prevail, it’s impossible to not get caught up in their happiness.

I’ve asked this question before and never quite gotten to the bottom of it…. but why are people so down on Carlton?

They’re not even in my top 10 most hated clubs.
Probably because they're view of their own importance as a historically successful club is in stark contrast to their performances over 20 years. Also John Elliot, looked and was , dodgy af.

I don't hate them and would prefer them to win a premiership over some others in the running.

Would love to see St Kilda break the drought.
GWS winning would feel like no one won, as if there was no grand final or something. This is preferable to say Port winning.
Port I have never had a problem with tbf. I barracked for them in the 2004 and 2007 grandfinals. Though the more time goes on the less I am comfortable with them equalling Adelaide with 2 premierships.

Brissie or Saints would give me someone to barrack for while drinking beers watching the game
Collingwood just because they have been the best team all year but I could barrack for them.
daylight
GWS - both their supporters would be happy
lots more daylight
Carlton, Melbourne supporters are arrogant nobs now that their teams are no longer irrelevant.
Sydney if the only other option is Port

Port - never in a million years

Back