Multiplat Prey

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the demo was average (aiming felt janky) but watched a bit of Giant Bombs quick look and heard about the demo having control issues that needed to be patched so picked it up today.

Won't be able to give it a crack until i get home from footy tonight.

Input lag is gone mostly, but it still feels tricky to aim at small, fast enemies until you get used to it. Once you get used to it it is fine.

Trying to pew pew with a gun is a bit of a pain still which is made worse by phantoms that warp around the place. The is a big emphasis on using goo gun though so that probably makes up for it. Still a bit hard to whack the mimics with a wrench but I worked out that only have two attacks that are pretty well telegraphed with animations so it's not necessary to swing wildly. If there are more than one then just goo them. What does L2 do? Makes my screen go yellow and runs down a meter. Can't find a tutorial for it and seems different to Combat Focus.

In the demo I found a shotgun early when you first hit the lobby. This time wasn't there but the shells were? Been back so many times, even dragged the body that it belonged to around for a bit.

Lots of great little touches in this. The environment is very useable and the level design is awesome. Hard to gauge how far I am, I'm up to being able to fly around in space between air locks which is pretty fun. I have spent so much time exploring. Hopefully there isn't en masse respawns in previous areas because there is so much I already want to go back to when I unlock more stuff. I think putting neuromods into repair is handy early on. I have been chucking them anywhere just to get started but require repair II to fix up so many of the turrets. They're brutal at holding down an area for you.

This game is shaping up to be awesome. 2017 is looking to be an awesome year.

Last edited:

Trying to pew pew with a gun is a bit of a pain still which is made worse by phantoms that warp around the place. The is a big emphasis on using goo gun though so that probably makes up for it. Still a bit hard to whack the mimics with a wrench but I worked out that only have two attacks that are pretty well telegraphed with animations so it's not necessary to swing wildly. If there are more than one then just goo them. What does L2 do? Makes my screen go yellow and runs down a meter. Can't find a tutorial for it and seems different to Combat Focus.

In the demo I found a shotgun early when you first hit the lobby. This time wasn't there but the shells were? Been back so many times, even dragged the body that it belonged to around for a bit.

Lots of great little touches in this. The environment is very useable and the level design is awesome. Hard to gauge how far I am, I'm up to being able to fly around in space between air locks which is pretty fun. I have spent so much time exploring. Hopefully there isn't en masse respawns in previous areas because there is so much I already want to go back to when I unlock more stuff. I think putting neuromods into repair is handy early on. I have been chucking them anywhere just to get started but require repair II to fix up so many of the turrets. They're brutal at holding down an area for you.

This game is shaping up to be awesome. 2017 is looking to be an awesome year.

L2 seems to trigger the abilities like Combat Focus. I'm not sure what yours could be triggering, I've only unlocked the Combat Focus so far.

L2 seems to trigger the abilities like Combat Focus. I'm not sure what yours could be triggering, I've only unlocked the Combat Focus so far.

Combat focus I think is the only ability I have unlocked. In the wheel thing it says "combat focus 20" with 20 I assumed was the 'ammo' unless that's Psi (what depletes when you use L2). Then my next question would be WTF does the 20 mean? :D

Combat focus I think is the only ability I have unlocked. In the wheel thing it says "combat focus 20" with 20 I assumed was the 'ammo' unless that's Psi (what depletes when you use L2). Then my next question would be WTF does the 20 mean? :D

Yeah, costs 20 psi to activate.

I like the idea of combat focus but would have preferred that the player didn't slow down as well, rather everything else slow down and you keep normal speed. Makes more sense to me.

I like the idea of combat focus but would have preferred that the player didn't slow down as well, rather everything else slow down and you keep normal speed. Makes more sense to me.

Ah that makes sense! Derp.

I agree. At first I assumed it was like bullet time. In truth I have hardly used it because it doesn't seem overly beneficial.

So combat focus is almost mandatory against the ??? Phantoms. They warp even after you goo them so my only way is goo>focus>shotgun>smash down some medikits. Investing neuromods into it does slow them down more than you but I think I need to increase weapon damage next so I can kill them in one clip. I think I need to stealth more too. Mimics are nothing but phantoms are a bitch.

So combat focus is almost mandatory against the ??? Phantoms. They warp even after you goo them so my only way is goo>focus>shotgun>smash down some medikits. Investing neuromods into it does slow them down more than you but I think I need to increase weapon damage next so I can kill them in one clip. I think I need to stealth more too. Mimics are nothing but phantoms are a bitch.

Yeah definitely need to upgrade weapons too.

Also, I started carrying turrets around too lol. They're awesome (as long as they're friendly). I also hope there are some more good abilities for combat, but yeah, there are a few ways to go about it.

Yeah definitely need to upgrade weapons too.

Also, I started carrying turrets around too lol. They're awesome (as long as they're friendly). I also hope there are some more good abilities for combat, but yeah, there are a few ways to go about it.

I should probably do that with the turrets lol. I have set them up in strategic positions because there are respawns. I left the one in the office in case I need to foot it, and the other two in the lobby I put at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the office (near the security room stairs) next to each other because the phantoms seems to be able to destroy single ones with ease. The purple phantoms are giving me the willies though. At one point there was respawns in the lobby and I could see two purple phantoms. When I set up and launched my attack there were actually about 5 or 6 and a single mimic (little s**t) so now I'm out of shotgun ammo and have bugger all medikits left.

A side mission then sent me back to the Neuromod area (for a side mission it seems to be tied to the main story pretty closely though) where I found a regular phantom and some mimics which were easily dealt with but another purple dude. I'm not equipped to take another one on so I used the goo gun to create a shortcut up a wall and just avoid him lol. Main mission is now in psitronics (or whatever it is called) and I saw the health bar of another purple phantom. Decided to take a breather because for a while I'm not sure how I'm going to get passed the jerk. Probably didn't help that I decided to explore the lobby which burnt more resources. Level design is fantastic and even on normal this game has genuine difficulty.

The best touch imo are the bodies aren't random corpses but are named and you can track them on the crew logs at some computers.

Trauma centre
not sure what to do with the corrupted dude in the cell yet. I can open the door but not sure if that's a good idea. Only human I have come across so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this anything like bioshock? as I love that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back