List Mgmt. Priority pick

Should PP’s be given to:

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL can’t fix the fact not many players want to stay there. Until the afl strengthen the local amateur league players will invariable want to go home. They need to have at least fifty percent Queensland players on their senior list for stability ... maybe one day you could help with that Azza 😜
I don't mind a multi tooled concept. I find the issue with increased salary cap is the fact you end up over paying spuds and it ruins the market place for wages.

I probably prefer a compromised draft.

It's a difficult one, especially on the GC, where we have seen other sporting codes suffer in that area.

I agree, it needs a number of measures.

Short term:
More access to mature players, similar to last year, a custom draw, salary cap relief and the most important area, assistance with back office/soft cap

Long term, more focus on grass roots

Need to be more creative, NRL had an entire weekend of games ar Lang Park this year, a similar approach could/would create more interest in the game in the area

It's a difficult one, especially on the GC, where we have seen other sporting codes suffer in that area.

I agree, it needs a number of measures.

Short term:
More access to mature players, similar to last year, a custom draw, salary cap relief and the most important area, assistance with back office/soft cap

Long term, more focus on grass roots

Need to be more creative, NRL had an entire weekend of games ar Lang Park this year, a similar approach could/would create more interest in the game in the area

Years ago, I was speaking to an AFL recruiter and what works best in the Sydney area was the Swans academy system. He said it was best if the Swans ran them, so maybe the AFL long term need to give GCS special assistance in the development of GCS talent. Give them a direct pathway to the AFL into the suns with an extra discount?

The problem with such concepts is it could take 10 years to fully see the benefits of such a system. You really need Gold Coast talent on their roster.

I think the AFL has the power to get there, but it will annoy the rest of the AFL.

Still not sure Gold Coast is designed for sporting teams, nothing seems to work up there.

which position would you prefer your club to be in, gc's or carlton's?
There is little difference when considered over the last 2 years. Last year they had had 3 more wins than us. We currently have 3 more wins then GC. Overall, atm, the poor output is the same.

I think it's more about getting the club culture right, and being competitive on the field. There are a lot worse places to live than the Gold Coast.

I wouldn't dismiss that footballers would want to play for actual football clubs. Even if they become competitive, there is no history, no club greats, no aura, prestige, no fanbase, no passion, no atmosphere.

You could add many things to that list that aren't related to infield performance or culture, i actually feel very sorry for kids who get drafted up there and to a similar extent GWS.

I dont see the GC list as being all that bad, just young and in need of better coaches and off field support.
A priority pick will only add to their list, it will not improve the other areas.

The AFL should step in and appoint Clarkson as senior coach:).
Put Roos in as Director of Football:) and move Cook (geebungs):) into list management if they are serious about a start from scratch club at GC.
Then Whatley as their President.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty annoyed at how Hawks and Swans fans are adamant the Suns shouldn't get one, the gall especially from Swans fans with all their draft and salary cap assistance for years from the AFL is hard to take.

The Suns will get picks 1 and 2, and I couldn't be happier about it. They haven't our resources or ability to turn things around like we finally seemingly have, it will still be a long way back from the Suns, but the football club really needs a shot in the arm, when all is said and done, this won't felt affect our draft hand anyway. So no need to grizzle on that score when they get a PP.

GC and Melbourne to head to the Commission for assistance, crazy Melbourne made finals last year and are asking for some help.
We need to apply, apply to the AFL to stop intervening with our recruitment of free agent players. We are 15th on the ladder and Gil throws his 2 cents in. Richmond chase Lynch and it’s silence. What a corrupt and sad system.

so corrupt........
Not corrupt as such, but perhaps a little misleading in respect of its overarching priorities.
It seems as though it’s equalisation policy, intended to rely in part on free agency, takes a back seat to ensuring the success of GWS. That’s ok, but they should just come out and say so.

Think over the last four years our results still below SUNS . take Out there first two years when entered they have probably been as succesful as us now WE have won some games surely the AFL will give suns priorities at least it won’t compromise our draft as we weren’t planning to go heave in the draft this year - on a side note with all the compromised drafts I take my hat off to bulldogs for getting out of the middle of the table

Back