Priority picks - it was only 19

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance. They will offer up pick 9 at the best unless GWS bid with pick 7... Sun's should get pick 6 from tigers so that night be what we will get at the absolute best. We just have to make sure both teams really want Hanley.

Given pick 20 and 28 is worth equivalent points of pick 8 I would think Hanley (worth about pick 15-20) and pick 19 would rationally be worn pick 4 (pick 15 and 19 almost exactly worth pick 4 points value) Not saying trades are always rational but definitely grounds for pick 4

Cant believe they will give us pick 19. Ridiculous. How do they justify this to us after the main reason for applying one is we have 4 1st round picks on our list with the next worse at 8.:thumbsdown:
The problem clearly is we focused on first round picks. When we should have actually looked at top 10 draft picks per club.

Okay, was just told we may not know until basically right before trade period now. The process is ongoing.

Back to the waiting game. *sigh*

For what purpose? How is a month more of waiting over the off-season going to help them come to a decision? What more needs to happen in their "process"?

edit: I guess it's only two more weeks but I still don't know why they need that time to make a decision.

Okay, was just told we may not know until basically right before trade period now. The process is ongoing.

Hopefully that is because it is pick 3 and they don't want to upset any clubs or tarnish the gf week in anyway!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully that is because it is pick 3 and they don't want to upset any clubs or tarnish the gf week in anyway!
Well in that case it would have to be better than pick 19. That would make no sense what so ever. To hold off making a decision on a pick which doesnt really affect anything greatly in the draft. Not gonna hurt anyones feelings there.

I think it's been decided for quite some time now but that's just me.

I tend to agree. Surely they would have decided by now and know exactly what they're going to do. And if thats the case it brings the announcement down to a question of PR. Personally I'm not sure if a later announcement is either a good or bad thing on our part...

I tend to agree. Surely they would have decided by now and know exactly what they're going to do. And if thats the case it brings the announcement down to a question of PR. Personally I'm not sure if a later announcement is either a good or bad thing on our part...

I reckon they're not worried about how we react. We're deep in their pocket and not a fan base they worry about. To me, that suggests they're worried about PR with the rest of the league. If that's right, it feels like it's probably a good thing for us.

Edit: that assumes it's a PR reason. Could just as easily be something else.

Other option is that it is coach affected. Our bonus depends on our appointment.

I know that if the AFL were pushing me to take a job with a team who basically need their third rebuild in a row, I'd be asking what additional assistance they are planning on offering to ensure I don't end up out of a job like the last poor schmuck to take the job.

Now, it's documented that Barker and Fagan want the job, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't ask for a little cream if the AFL is providing the heft.

Imagine if they give us pick 3, we get Fagan as coach, and Barker and Montgomery as assistants. AFL in QLD might be revived!?

how about locking the thread, until right before the trade period to match? I've not read anything in here of value since it became public knowledge that we would get a PP. another 2 weeks of hand-wringing until an announcement is made isn't going to add any value either!

I reckon they're not worried about how we react. We're deep in their pocket and not a fan base they worry about. To me, that suggests they're worried about PR with the rest of the league. If that's right, it feels like it's probably a good thing for us.

Edit: that assumes it's a PR reason. Could just as easily be something else.
Whatever they've decided, releasing the news right before the trade period makes sense. Trade period= complaints will get zero attention.
People want to hear about all those juicy trade rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back