Discussion Prison Bars debate

Should Port be allowed to wear the PBs as their home jumper?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a great compromise 'Bunk' but of course, Port wants its own way. So used to being the small pond bully. Anyway, all this interesting chatter is irrelevant really. The AFL has made its ruling and that's final. If only Port hadn't been such smarty arses asking for both Showdowns. Collingwood probably would have said 'yes' to the Home Showdown,View attachment 1119460 as it has to previous legitimate requests; last years 150th for example.
Eddie presented this Adelaide Showdown jumper tonight on #footyclassified. I love it! :p
Burn
It
With
FIRE

Quick idea that I don’t think I’ve seen before, using teal to represent the waters of the harbour, lapping in and out the wharf pylons of Port Adelaide. Though admittedly I get this wouldn’t really solve anything, I reckon it’s probably less of an egregious deviation than teal bars or teal yoke etc.

7A5B2F14-BC43-499E-801A-19AB0CAE0F26.png

I think the fact everyone one on the Collingwood side of the debate has to remember is that in 1996 one off jumpers and heritage rounds did not excist and most probably was a bit of a pip dream.

Jump forward today and they are now common.

We are a national competition and Port shouldn't miss out because the VFL beat the SANFL to the national comp.

Port recognizing their heritage once or twice (twice or three times if another SA team comes in)a year is fair and reasonable.

And the fact its only in games involving South Australian Clubs I don't think that's over the top.

I think the fact everyone one on the Collingwood side of the debate has to remember is that in 1996 one off jumpers and heritage rounds did not excist and most probably was a bit of a pip dream.

Jump forward today and they are now common.

We are a national competition and Port shouldn't miss out because the VFL beat the SANFL to the national comp.

Port recognizing their heritage once or twice (twice or three times if another SA team comes in)a year is fair and reasonable.

And the fact its only in games involving South Australian Clubs I don't think that's over the top.

Well bring back the traditional Bears for home games then.

Actually, even though it might not have been called "heritage round", in Round 1, 1996, the eight original VFL teams played in replicas of their 1897 jumpers to celebrate the 100th season of the V/AFL. To my knowledge this was the first time this sort of thing ever happened.

Quick idea that I don’t think I’ve seen before, using teal to represent the waters of the harbour, lapping in and out the wharf pylons of Port Adelaide. Though admittedly I get this wouldn’t really solve anything, I reckon it’s probably less of an egregious deviation than teal bars or teal yoke etc.

View attachment 1119484

I guarantee you Collingwood still wouldn't allow this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, even though it might not have been called "heritage round", in Round 1, 1996, the eight original VFL teams played in replicas of their 1897 jumpers to celebrate the 100th season of the V/AFL. To my knowledge this was the first time this sort of thing ever happened.

Yes it was, but it was seen very much as a one off in 1996 not what it has become today.

Also didn’t Port sign their agreement in 1995 well before this occurred?

Well bring back the traditional Bears for home games then.

They do occasionally wear a Bears jumper and also a Fitzroy jumper.

So the point is?

I was looking at some stats, the suns have now played more games than the Bears, how crazy!
With the Bears name perhaps - but the Bears footy club is the Lions - they just re branded

Obviously, I mean the Bears brand itself existed for a shorter period than the suns, but the branding was pretty great
Sorry I just saw your a Brisbane fan - the rebrand seems to confuse a lot of people so my bad for trying to clear up something you know haha

I remember thinking 25 years ago that the one on the right was by far the best footy jumper, and I still think that... big, strong bold blocks of colour and a simple design always works best.

View attachment 1119221
The jumper on the left is peak 90s and I’d be all for a comeback. It’s tough.

Honestly, I do feel for original Bears supporters. While Fitzroy certainly does deserve to be recognised, the Bears often get ignored.

I am an original Bears member who thinks we were shafted.
All those Carrara games and we have nothing on the guernsey to remember them.

Port thinks they’re hard done by.

They do occasionally wear a Bears jumper and also a Fitzroy jumper.

So the point is?

How many times have they worn the original BB guernsey?

The point is you feel for the Port about their Pylon guernsey but what about the Bear?
Dare to wear the bear.

How many times have they worn the original BB guernsey?

The point is you feel for the Port about their Pylon guernsey but what about the Bear?
Dare to wear the bear.
My favourite part about the Bears is Brisbane Bears will live forever, the best and most ironic club theme song lol

Back