Discussion Prison Bars debate

Should Port be allowed to wear the PBs as their home jumper?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Respectfully disagree, the Bears did a lot for AFL up in Queensland, establishing that aussie rules football could survive in rugby heartland. Without their cash injection from the license into the VFL, it is also likely the other clubs would have struggled severely financially.

I get the Fitzroy-ness too, because the history is great. I would love to see a full Fitzroy kit (monogram included) versus old Fitzroy rivals (i.e. Carlton, Collingwood)
I would love to see a pre season game in Melbourne between Brisbane as Fitzroy and Sydney as South Melbourne

It's funny, because the PB have opposition from pies supporters, but the cerise and v have opposition from old Roy supporters

I don't think it opposition on the Roy's behalf, per se.

The ideal example would be a Bears jumper for Gold Coast home games in the QClash (alternating designs each season), FFC jumper for all Melbourne games, current home for Gabba games and a clash jumper for all other away games.

Which is fine and I support that.

But there's no reason why more homage can't be paid to the Bears.

Which is my point. The Bears and Lions are the same club like Footscray and the Western Bulldogs. They play and train in Queensland. Fitzroy supporters get 5-6 visits a year and we’re been asked to support a different club.

Which is my point. The Bears and Lions are the same club like Footscray and the Western Bulldogs. They play and train in Queensland. Fitzroy supporters get 5-6 visits a year and we’re been asked to support a different club.
We aren't disagreeing that it is a different club, we are saying that wearing the equivalent of a heritage jumper at very specific grounds that the brand (as the Bears) played at would be a really cool nod to the Bears. I would love to wear the Fitzroy colours more to be honest, and would actually like them as our main kit. I appreciate that you feel strongly about the Lions, but keep in mind some people also feel strongly about the Bears brand.

It’s is the big problem for Brisbane, the two sets of supporters were forced together, whenever something done for the Lions Bears supporters ask what about us, when something is done for the Bears the Roy supporters ask what about us.

I once made a suggestion in my Lions supporting days that the Fitzroy club song should follow the Brisbane club song after a win in Melbourne and it started a massive argument amongst all supporters.

Reality is there is lots of ways to pay fair tributes to both clubs, but politically it’s easier just to have BBFFC on the back of the jumper and move on for the club.

We aren't disagreeing that it is a different club, we are saying that wearing the equivalent of a heritage jumper at very specific grounds that the brand (as the Bears) played at would be a really cool nod to the Bears. I would love to wear the Fitzroy colours more to be honest, and would actually like them as our main kit. I appreciate that you feel strongly about the Lions, but keep in mind some people also feel strongly about the Bears brand.
I understand that. But it’s still the same club both before and after the rebranding. I don’t really have a problem with the club using the Bears jumper either. It is their first jumper after all.

I'm glad we all managed to come to a universal and wholesome agreement on the PB debate for the much more real and volatile debate on the Bears and Lions

Praise 🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port supporter here so obviously I’m bias

watching the North and Pies game - same guernsey design - different colours.

no offence to anyone but part of me feels that the PAFC prison bar is a unique guernsey and it actually is a superior design to collingwood. Carries a strong link to the Port.

also it is based on the wharf pylons of the Port area. So it is linked intrinsically to the region and the supporters. Darryl Poole (ex PAFC AFL &SANFL player) has a good picture representing this on his Instagram page (itsportadelaide).

It’s is the big problem for Brisbane, the two sets of supporters were forced together, whenever something done for the Lions Bears supporters ask what about us, when something is done for the Bears the Roy supporters ask what about us.

I once made a suggestion in my Lions supporting days that the Fitzroy club song should follow the Brisbane club song after a win in Melbourne and it started a massive argument amongst all supporters.

Reality is there is lots of ways to pay fair tributes to both clubs, but politically it’s easier just to have BBFFC on the back of the jumper and move on for the club.

maybe it was a bad idea to shove two clubs together and expect a coherent result

Port supporter here so obviously I’m bias

watching the North and Pies game - same guernsey design - different colours.

no offence to anyone but part of me feels that the PAFC prison bar is a unique guernsey and it actually is a superior design to collingwood. Carries a strong link to the Port.

also it is based on the wharf pylons of the Port area. So it is linked intrinsically to the region and the supporters. Darryl Poole (ex PAFC AFL &SANFL player) has a good picture representing this on his Instagram page (itsportadelaide).

1620475694241.png

Back