Private Convo messages not appearing unless user posts a new message.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't recall that one - has it been reported in here?
No idea if it's been reported before, but everyone in our SFA Hawks PM experience it. It keeps saying there's a new message (the little 1 notification) but every time you go into it, nothing new shows up. We basically post '.....' and then suddenly you get one or two extra messages that weren't there before. I think it only happens when the PM is going to the next page?!

No idea if it's been reported before, but everyone in our SFA Hawks PM experience it. It keeps saying there's a new message (the little 1 notification) but every time you go into it, nothing new shows up. We basically post '.....' and then suddenly you get one or two extra messages that weren't there before. I think it only happens when the PM is going to the next page?!
What happens if you shift-refresh on the PM?

What happens if you shift-refresh on the PM?
Refresh doesn’t help , only submitting a new PM seems to.
So I just submit a .
It has become a bit of a thing :p

Agent93 and co can back me up on this one too.

I just realised a mod moved this to the appropriate area - thanks.
Yeah Chief it's happening. Happens when a page rolls over in the PM for the first couple of posts. Seems to stop after 3 new posts on the new page.

One of the folks in the PM had AdSense in their sig and we got them to change it with no better result for the PM.

A response has come back.

We are trying a rebuild on conversations data which we've been told will set this right. Nobody knows what corrupted the data, so we will do the rebuild and let it go for a short while.

If the problem comes back after today (the rebuild will take time to run) please let me know and we can run the rebuild again. We might need to run the rebuild each night if the problem keeps coming back.

TechFerret

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been an ongoing issue in 1 pm for me - and others in the PM can attest.

Not sure what the remedy is - if there is one - just letting you know.

It's been an ongoing issue in 1 pm for me - and others in the PM can attest.

Not sure what the remedy is - if there is one - just letting you know.

How long have you been experiencing it in that PM? Since the last rebuild in July? If so, we can force another rebuild.

Regards, TF

How long have you been experiencing it in that PM? Since the last rebuild in July? If so, we can force another rebuild.

Regards, TF
Can't remember when but it was definitely along time before the July rebuild.

Can't remember when but it was definitely along time before the July rebuild.

Oh, then that is a different problem. We have an update for the forum software but are holding off until next week (after grand final) to apply. Hopefully that will clear it up. :-/

Oh, then that is a different problem. We have an update for the forum software but are holding off until next week (after grand final) to apply. Hopefully that will clear it up. :-/
Sorry, actually scratch that. An old, redundant PM had the problem ages ago. This current PM was started July 25th so maybe that's it.

All good, hope the update helps.

Sorry, actually scratch that. An old, redundant PM had the problem ages ago. This current PM was started July 25th so maybe that's it.

All good, hope the update helps.
I’d thought this was fixed ages ago. Haven’t seen any reports since the update that apparently fixed it.

I’d thought this was fixed ages ago. Haven’t seen any reports since the update that apparently fixed it.

Then next week I suggest we apply the update and also force a fresh rebuild and see if the issue is still there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back