PSD pick #8 Jack Hannath

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit 'WTF' re: his reaction. Sounds like a bit of a toolbag.

Should be grateful for his chance at AFL level, putting his head in his hands and being seemingly lost for words was a bit much.

Sounds like a good prospect though.

Should be grateful for his chance at AFL level, putting his head in his hands and being seemingly lost for words was a bit much.

Cut the guy some slack. He's just annoyed at realising that 10 days of tanking training has been wasted.

I think its more like the guy has spent his whole life trying to get drafted and when it finally happened he was in shock.

I don't think it's that. From what I can gather (not much), he seemed to be assured of going to Melbourne, had trained with them for 10 days, was in honeymoon period with them and was looking forward to heading into Melbourne town to play the in the big leagues, and in a matter of moments that had all changes.

He'll get over it, especially once he gets here.

Yeah, he'll be one of very few reasons for me to read up about the results of their games, i'll admit. You can't help but wish all the best for him, as he deserves the shot based on determination alone.

All good! Very, very happy. :)

Nickos, you do know that the long thing is an umbilical cord...:D

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/tabid/8667/contentid/509476/default.aspx

DTV capture the exact moment Hannath gets told he is leaving for Freo, i wish him all the best, you dont need to hear it form me as Chris 25 popped in to say you got the second best ruck available this year! can play a few Key post too from what i heard of him, genuinely disappointed.

He will get over it easy to get attached especially when he has been oever looked before an told by us we would get him if he lats, could very quickly become your second ruck/utility ruck pushing the likes of Clarke good win here for Fremantle.

I'm sure if he was sitting at home in Adelaide, having been drafted to a main list of a Top 6 club, he would have been jumping up and down.

But surrounded suddenly by 40 opponents, obviously with Media in attendance, I don't think you could have expected a different reaction. He couldn't exactly do cartwheels and fist pumps as he is walking to his locker, would have made him look like a douche.

Was a little unfair/awkward that he was out there training during the drafts tbh, but Melbourne probably gave him the option to sit the session out..

DTV capture the exact moment Hannath gets told he is leaving for Freo, i wish him all the best, you dont need to hear it form me as Chris 25 popped in to say you got the second best ruck available this year! can play a few Key post too from what i heard of him, genuinely disappointed.

He will get over it easy to get attached especially when he has been oever looked before an told by us we would get him if he lats, could very quickly become your second ruck/utility ruck pushing the likes of Clarke good win here for Fremantle.

Thanks for posting that. Going by that footage, he seemed to handle it pretty well and I have alot of respect for Mark Neeld and the playing group with how they congratulated him and also some nice words from Neeld about our club.

Nice words from the Melbourne coach at the start of the video, they obviously rated him. Can understand him being in shock, was probably given every indication by the Dees that they would take him. Mentally was probably moving to Melbourne and feeling part of their playing group already.

Think he'll fit in no probs once he gets over here.

Another thanks for posting the vid..
Neeld's response to the news "F.ck"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure if he was sitting at home in Adelaide, having been drafted to a main list of a Top 6 club, he would have been jumping up and down.

But surrounded suddenly by 40 opponents, obviously with Media in attendance, I don't think you could have expected a different reaction. He couldn't exactly do cartwheels and fist pumps as he is walking to his locker, would have made him look like a douche.

Was a little unfair/awkward that he was out there training during the drafts tbh, but Melbourne probably gave him the option to sit the session out..

I agree. It has to be likely that at least part of his behaviour was driven by what behaviour he thought his current 'teammates' expected rather than actual emotion. Clearly they wouldn't have looked too kindly on woophing exultation at the news: "YES! FU TANKING LOOOSERS. I CAN HAS GOT IT MADE!" etc. etc. I would have thought stoic stiff-upper-lippedness combined with constrained disappointment would a more appropriate action; but clearly he belongs to the Shakespearean school.

As nice as Neeld's words were, announcing it in front of a group, was a bit douche baggery.

I would have been surprised if there wasn't guys training with the team that weren't selected at all, allowing the team to congratulate a "Team mate" for making it to AFL level isn't a bad thing in my book.

Fair enough, good point. A direct quote however suggested 'the excitement would come later'. He was obviously disappointed. Just very, very odd.

A lack of excitement does not necessarily indicate disappointment. He could have been shocked, confused, etc. It was obviously not what he was expecting.

Neeld reminds me of Damien Drum. Both came in talking a big game about whipping their clubs into shape only to take them backwards from day dot. Both often come across lost or panicked, and incapable of staying in control or imparting a clear and consistent message.

If Lyon had no experience as a senior coach when he took over at Fremantle, how would you have viewed him for the first half of the season?

I think some of you guys are taking a bit too much from his reaction. He's probably made friends with some of the melbourne players, had a good time training and expected to be picked up by Melbourne. He got drafted to a club he didn't expect and took him a moment to process it. It's a unique situation to be in. He'll get over with in and hopefully be a good player for you guys.

I think some of you guys are taking a bit too much from his reaction. He's probably made friends with some of the melbourne players, had a good time training and expected to be picked up by Melbourne. He got drafted to a club he didn't expect and took him a moment to process it. It's a unique situation to be in. He'll get over with in and hopefully be a good player for you guys.

That's actually pretty much the consensus from what I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back