Public Transport stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring a post it note that says this handle may have been touched by someone with Covid 19 and put it on the handle before he gets on

Yep, he does it regularly too.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just move further down the platform.

It's Craigieburn line so on the older trains, those doors slam shut between carriages, scares the s**t out of me lol

I do it for two reasons. To see if there is a conductor in board or any hotties

prob so people dont sit near the driver?

We it was before 8 am and the East Asian driver was coughing a bit

So we must have gratitude for our front line workers, taking the effort to keep us away from a possibly infected driver. Our heroes, always thinking of us

On the train a few weeks ago from Midland to the City and this derro starts going off at a young Asian couple wearing masks, screaming “DO YOU HAVE IT?! DO YOU HAVE IT?!!”

Luckily the ***** calmed down and alighted next stop.

Can't stand people who get on an empty train, then proceed to waltz through the doors connecting all the carriages. Especially when it's a motionless train sitting at Flinders St waiting to depart. Just walk down the platform and don't subject everyone sitting on the train to the loud banging of the door shutting.
"Things bogans like doing"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to take a tram today. First time in 6 months or so. I'd forgotten what they were like.

I think we had one of those sov-cits. Not wearing a mask, turning around looking at everyone then laughing maniacally. Then coughing. Then more laughing. I think the coughing was fake and she was trying to goad someone into having a crack at her. There's two active cases in this suburb. Would be unlucky if she was one of them. No one responded though. Trams was just full of people like me, sitting in their internal bubble waiting for their stop so they can get off the infernal contraption. She got off at Chapel St. To score no doubt.

I'd be OK with not having to take another tram for about 6 months. Surprised my Myki still worked

Ding ding

Had to take a tram today. First time in 6 months or so. I'd forgotten what they were like.

I think we had one of those sov-cits. Not wearing a mask, turning around looking at everyone then laughing maniacally. Then coughing. Then more laughing. I think the coughing was fake and she was trying to goad someone into having a crack at her. There's two active cases in this suburb. Would be unlucky if she was one of them. No one responded though. Trams was just full of people like me, sitting in their internal bubble waiting for their stop so they can get off the infernal contraption. She got off at Chapel St. To score no doubt.

I'd be OK with not having to take another tram for about 6 months. Surprised my Myki still worked

Ding ding

the weirdest phenomenon with the masks that I've seen is people wearing them as they hail the tram - go and sit down on the tram and pull it under their chin for their whole journey, and then when they get off they pull it back up..

I kinda feel like that is the exact opposite of how you should be using them if you were gonna have it on your chin at all

the weirdest phenomenon with the masks that I've seen is people wearing them as they hail the tram - go and sit down on the tram and pull it under their chin for their whole journey, and then when they get off they pull it back up..

I kinda feel like that is the exact opposite of how you should be using them if you were gonna have it on your chin at all

What annoys me slightly a bit more than people barely wearing masks, is people wearing masks but not covering their nose. Look like a bunch of silly gooses

honestly surprised there isn't a safety mechanism that prevents that from happening

trams can't drive if a door won't close

Years ago I was traveling on a train when someone standing near one of the double doors accidentally leaned on the opening button. Without hesitation, one of the doors opened and stayed open all the way to the next station without the train driver even knowing about it.

The HCMT have a bit of a quirk with the doors. If you push the door button open a fraction early before the release is given the door gets locked for 1.5 seconds. People have been pushing the button just before the doors get released and look all confused when the door doesn't open. It's funny watching passengers run all over the place to get on or off.

They even put a nice green sticker next to the button "Wait for button to show green before pressing"

Last edited:
The HCMT have a bit of a quirk with the doors. If you push the door button open a fraction early before the release is given the door gets locked for 1.5 seconds. People have been pushing the button just before the doors get released and look all confused when the door doesn't open. It's funny watching passengers run all over the place to get on or off.

They even put a nice green sticker next to the button "Wait for button to show green before pressing"

Very interesting quirk.

In Queensland and SA, if you push the door open button before the doors are released, it’ll record the request and the doors will automatically open once the doors are released.

I always found it weird that the Victorian trains don’t do this (or in the case of the HCMT, penalise you for this).

Very interesting quirk.

In Queensland and SA, if you push the door open button before the doors are released, it’ll record the request and the doors will automatically open once the doors are released.

I always found it weird that the Victorian trains don’t do this (or in the case of the HCMT, penalise you for this).
I don't think it's ever been considered. The HCMTs it's because of the way the door system works. The train entering a station goes over a beacon and the beacon tells the train what side the doors should be released and locks the other side when the train stops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back