Putin arrests opposition presidential candidate

Remove this Banner Ad

throughout the cold war the American intelligence establishment exaggerated and overestimated the USSR's military capability, size, technical advances and efficiency, Sputnik notwithstanding. This, of course, was a boon to the US defence industry and the military but it was also a reflection of american intelligence incompetence and the failure overall of its strategic thinking.

in 1989 the ussr fell apart and the hollowness of its military was visible for all to see. their military adventures in mozambique, angola, afghanistan (the word 'irony' doesn't really cover it at this point) and the Horn of Africa were merely surface examples of a badly run, poorly equipped and incompetently led defense establishment. The first of the new class of 'oligarchs' were those senior officers and procurement commissars--the most privileged of the "nomenklatura"--who were in a position to sell off large parts of Soviet ordnance.

but apparently Putin is now a military genius whose technical 'wunderkinder' have developed vast new advanced offensive systems that put American and its allies at risk, all evidence to the contrary. Plz m8

Next- Russia is a failed state. The Russian economy is smaller than California’s economy....but with 145 million people. There will never be a Russian creative/intellectual class given their authoritarian & dysfunctional political system - the only thing they really have are natural resources with oil as the primary economic driver. Russian oil is no longer the valuable commodity of years ago. Russians don’t make anything the rest of the developed world wants. And they don’t provide any valuable services either.

Why on earth would the US (or any other country for that matter) want to invade Russia ? (i am talking about the threats here) ....there is nothing there worth anything.

Russia seems important to only a select few billionaires and plutocrats who realize they can rob the Russian people blind by virtue of a corrupt political regime - exporting billions of rubles that feeds a global illegal money laundering and real estate syndicate.

Ive been to Russia more than a few times - nothing really works there....from elevators to ATMs. They just cant figure it out. Not to make light of the Russian nuclear threat - but the vast majority of their weapons probably don’t work either.
Missiles and air defence, and electronic warfare seems to work ? Russia has largest oil and gas reserves, Kazakhstan has uranium, they have space tech and experience, obviously a large country is hard to maintain, but anyway, I don't think they are the aggressors, the late chief strategist zbigniew brezinsky, saw the control of the central part of Eurasia (turkey, Ukraine) as vital to dominating the Eurasian continent, and as we have seen this region has faced substantial destabilising efforts.

This is where most people were at after the dust had settled. What actual new technologies were on show and how much of it is actually achievable on the Russian military budget? Very unlikely they can get it to work unless there's new cooperation with China yet to be announced. Someone pointed out that Russia doesn't even have a factory for engines of long range missiles - they're based in Ukraine.

Don't confuse the fact that I was telling everyone to calm their ****, Putin isn't going to nuke everyone, with the idea that this was much of an announcement of Putin's genius. I interpreted it as your traditional pre-election flag waving before an election, nothing more. I think most people overestimate Russia's military capability and soft power, which applies to the US election hysteria too.

I am glad you atleast admitted he is Kim lite :D

as vital to dominating the Eurasian continent, and as we have seen this region has faced substantial destabilising efforts.

don't forget to mention the continuing efforts of Russia to destablise the Balkans, i posted the link in the assange thread, this was supposed to have been leaked by Assange, he promised the Russia leaks, but leaked out anyway. People don't see it but Russia is US lite, with their budget they are still bad enough and doing what it can to destablise, every single country in the region thinks Russia is a threat. And before the age-old tired old debate of US having 1000 bases around the world... *. All those bases are there by formal invitation. Russia's and China's neighbors feel so safe and toasty that they ask for US Marines in Australia, and US army troops in Bulgaria. The troops weren't summoned to share their recipes for blueberry muffins (my mom's recipe is the best anyway). They're there because many western European countries feel a tad uncomfortable with Putin's Russia nearby. Just as the Aussies feel a bit queasy toward Xi's China. Especially as Putin and Xi are now "emperors for life" (in the tradition of Stalin's USSR and Mao's China). Hope that clears things up in Nagavogorsk.

§
don't forget to mention the continuing efforts of Russia to destablise the Balkans, i posted the link in the assange thread, this was supposed to have been leaked by Assange, he promised the Russia leaks, but leaked out anyway. People don't see it but Russia is US lite, with their budget they are still bad enough and doing what it can to destablise, every single country in the region thinks Russia is a threat. And before the age-old tired old debate of US having 1000 bases around the world... ****. All those bases are there by formal invitation. Russia's and China's neighbors feel so safe and toasty that they ask for US Marines in Australia, and US army troops in Bulgaria. The troops weren't summoned to share their recipes for blueberry muffins (my mom's recipe is the best anyway). They're there because many western European countries feel a tad uncomfortable with Putin's Russia nearby. Just as the Aussies feel a bit queasy toward Xi's China. Especially as Putin and Xi are now "emperors for life" (in the tradition of Stalin's USSR and Mao's China). Hope that clears things up in Nagavogorsk.
huh we don't feel queasy towards china? We are thriving primarily because of China, and if we stuffed up our relationship with them, we will have very serious problems. If the US forces us to jump under a bus by naval posturing or economic sanctions or the like it's us who will suffer, not the US or China. If there is a war, we are indefensible, and will be ceded. We would be wise to very slowly transition away from US towards China, because ultimately the US can't offer us much, while China can.

§
huh we don't feel queasy towards china? We are thriving primarily because of China, and if we stuffed up our relationship with them, we will have very serious problems. If the US forces us to jump under a bus by naval posturing or economic sanctions or the like it's us who will suffer, not the US or China. If there is a war, we are indefensible, and will be ceded. We would be wise to very slowly transition away from US towards China, because ultimately the US can't offer us much, while China can.

a cold war with china is much more likely in the next 10-15 years that a hot one with china

even if either side wanted to, the chinese lack the blue water fleet to defeat multiple US carrier groups, plus forces out of Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and Guam. The Americans lack the troops needed to engage the Chinese in mainland china - they would have to send 2 million given the size of the chinese army and the terrain they would be fighting in. This is unavoidable for any US victory, because too much of chinese industry and population is inland and beyond gunboat diplomacy

the only way a war starts is if some *-knuckle kills the archduke

a cold war with china is much more likely in the next 10-15 years that a hot one with china

even if either side wanted to, the chinese lack the blue water fleet to defeat multiple US carrier groups, plus forces out of Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and Guam. The Americans lack the troops needed to engage the Chinese in mainland china - they would have to send 2 million given the size of the chinese army and the terrain they would be fighting in. This is unavoidable for any US victory, because too much of chinese industry and population is inland and beyond gunboat diplomacy

the only way a war starts is if some ****-knuckle kills the archduke
Part of my point is, however, that we could be the frontline of that Cold War and it would be to our massive detriment. I deal with people of various previous nations all the time in my business and I like doing business with Chinese, they aren't as tight fisted as Indians and they are always honest in my experience. I could say bad things about others, but I won't.

Part of my point is, however, that we could be the frontline of that Cold War and it would be to our massive detriment. I deal with people of various previous nations all the time in my business and I like doing business with Chinese, they aren't as tight fisted as Indians and they are always honest in my experience. I could say bad things about others, but I won't.

dude the cold war WILL happen, and we WILL have to choose a side. its yanks or chinese, and right now it will be the yanks. however as our population becomes more asian, and the usa becomes more trump, I believe that will change one day

dude the cold war WILL happen, and we WILL have to choose a side. its yanks or chinese, and right now it will be the yanks. however as our population becomes more asian, and the usa becomes more trump, I believe that will change one day
Ha well even now just think of all the rich white guys with Asian wives, lots of the professional class of the next generation will be at least half Asian.

You can be sure SRP would have gone in to meltdown had Trump said even 10% of the crap about blowing up the world that Putin did overnight. I assume the public servants and staffers who frequent SRP will be mostly silent on the matter. Or find a way to blame you-know-who.

Link?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why can't we Finland?

Finland? The finland which putin has said should still nr russian? The finland that is s**t scared of being annexed?
Are they really? I thought they were proud of having kick Russian ass once and prepared to do it again without having to suck NATO peepee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they really? I thought they were proud of having kick Russian ass once and prepared to do it again without having to suck NATO peepee.

Sweden is considering joining nato

The talk in Russia of reclaiming their pre ww2 territories has scared the s**t out of Scandinavia

Sweden is considering joining nato

The talk in Russia of reclaiming their pre ww2 territories has scared the s**t out of Scandinavia
Is it actually the fear of the people ? Or is it something the politicians are playing up ? While at the same time whole suburbs are Muslim no-go zones. Hmm. There is no way Russia has the capability to invade and occupy these nations, much less the desire, it's ridiculous.

Is it actually the fear of the people ? Or is it something the politicians are playing up ? While at the same time whole suburbs are Muslim no-go zones. Hmm. There is no way Russia has the capability to invade and occupy these nations, much less the desire, it's ridiculous.

the people - it started when talk of liberating russians from political persecution in the baltics and finland started in russia, and putin said the biggest mistake the russians made was allowing finnish independance

but yeah, its the muslims fault

the people - it started when talk of liberating russians from political persecution in the baltics and finland started in russia, and putin said the biggest mistake the russians made was allowing finnish independance

but yeah, its the muslims fault
Well if they are being persecuted, that should end, however he well know that the baltics are NATO and can't be militarily touched. Also by putting bases, especially missile defence bases puts a big target on those bases in the unlikely event of a hot war. It's not in those nations actual interests. It's easy to understand the intergenerational trauma of the nations behind the iron curtain, especially Poland, but Sweden ? Sounds more like a distraction from the actual issues they may be facing.

23 Russian diplomats kicked out of UK and one day later Australia thinking of it's own sanctions

The UK blames Russia over the Skripal case and wanted an answer back from Moscow in 24 hours.
Moscow are asking the UK to go through the proper channels of OPCW for an independent review as did UK opposition leader Corbyn.

Nothing has been proven yet -Why do Australia get involved in something that has nothing to do with us I'd prefer it if we stayed out of it or didn't say anything at all to start of with.

And why would Moscow try something like this before the elections and World Cup it makes no sense.

Last edited:
4849.jpg

What a week in politics it’s been. Putin pootles into an entirely unexpected election landslide; Trump is somewhere between wallowing and choking on his own victorious election campaign while His Man in the EU, M. Farage, bares his fangs at the merest hint of dark forces behind the Bad Boys’ Brexit campaign. NO COLLUSION!And there is Boris a tennis partner for sale to the highest bidder - as was much of London when he was the Mayor. Laundering a speciality service on the side. Excellent cartoon!

Finally, if you didn’t see tonight’s C4 News then do watch it now.

Not only is Trump in the frame, it seems that the EU is way ahead of the US in pressing for regulation of CA and its ilk.

The U.K. referendum was equally influenced and equally invalid. It should be declared null and void and they should cling to the EU because they are safer with us than outside.

Our people have been manipulated to the point they have in their heads implanted fears that are extreme in every respect. All this should be stopped now.

And last but not the least: the paid Russian shills on this site won't like what Snowden had to say about their farcical elections, dont worry, you are on track Vlad to surpass Stalin

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/58442...ng-the-influence-of-millions-with-fake-votes/

Last edited:
View attachment 472437

What a week in politics it’s been. Putin pootles into an entirely unexpected election landslide; Trump is somewhere between wallowing and choking on his own victorious election campaign while His Man in the EU, M. Farage, bares his fangs at the merest hint of dark forces behind the Bad Boys’ Brexit campaign. NO COLLUSION!And there is Boris a tennis partner for sale to the highest bidder - as was much of London when he was the Mayor. Laundering a speciality service on the side. Excellent cartoon!

Finally, if you didn’t see tonight’s C4 News then do watch it now.

Not only is Trump in the frame, it seems that the EU is way ahead of the US in pressing for regulation of CA and its ilk.

The U.K. referendum was equally influenced and equally invalid. It should be declared null and void and they should cling to the EU because they are safer with us than outside.

Our people have been manipulated to the point they have in their heads implanted fears that are extreme in every respect. All this should be stopped now.

And last but not the least: the paid Russian shills on this site won't like what Snowden had to say about their farcical elections, dont worry, you are on track Vlad to surpass Stalin

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/58442...ng-the-influence-of-millions-with-fake-votes/
Seriously who is paid Russian shill?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back