Dishot - Yeronga
Murdoch - Beenleigh
Nolan - Beenleigh/MtGravatt
Robertson - Morningside
Cant - Coorparoo/Mt Gravatt
Judson - Sherwood
Reed - Sherwood
Corrie - Sherwood

Are any of them sticking around, or going back where they came from?

All gone (I think?). Plus a fair few from the Ressies side that didnt lose a game

not sure thats right?

Quick glance at the GF side on sportingpulse and where they came from

Baker - NEAFL
Stallard - NEAFL (Jindalee jnr)
Huddy - NEAFL (Jindalee jnr)
Templeton - Yeronga
Dishot - Yeronga
Murdoch - Beenleigh
Robertson - Morningside
Judson - Sherwood
Reed - Sherwood
Corrie - Sherwood

Feel the need to come on here and clear up a few misconceptions, although that’s bound to happen when you have 4 blokes with the same contacts drinking each other’s (and their own) bathwater...
Firstly, a couple of the list are still at the bears in 2021. As we all know time doesn’t stand still and people are in different phases of their lives, but a few comments on some of the names as the post seems to suggest that these blokes were recruited in on one year goes to win a flag:
Corrie- Former coach, played 5 seasons with the bears. A part of the furniture and always will be seen as a favourite son of the club. Has always held an aspiration to coach again and got that opportunity at Yeronga- you wouldn’t meet a better bloke in QLD footy.
Reed- Former captain, played nearly 100 games for the bears, wants to play Friday’s to spend time with his young family (would have stayed to do so at Kenmore, but league knocked back the club’s application for a 3rds team)
Judson- played 4/5 years at the bears as well, still there in 2021.
I’m pretty sure the first time Murdoch went to Beenleigh was for the GF, he’s from Tassie, came with Nolan, Baker, Robbo etc as they all work together.
No surprises Baker went back to the highest level he could play- good player, great bloke, wants to push himself while he’s still young and able.
Stallard and Huddy were both Jindalee juniors, but made their senior debuts for Kenmore, then went to play at a higher level, came back when the opportunity arose last year, both would have played at least 3-4 years footy for the bears in the past.
Tempo is a superstar and still around at the bears as far as I know.
I’m told (though happy to be proven wrong) that Nolan and Cant have retired.

The Yeronga boys (Dishot, Jennings, Noddy) came when they went **** up a couple of years ago and they were stalwarts of that club, wrapped they were able to get it back up and going again, great people.

My understanding (and I’m no longer actively involved there) is that there’s plenty of new faces and numbers on the track. New coach, enthusiasm, different energy.
Will that parlay to results on field? Time will tell, I’d expect them to be a competitive club in Div 1 this year, even accounting for comings and going’s.

Feel the need to come on here and clear up a few misconceptions, although that’s bound to happen when you have 4 blokes with the same contacts drinking each other’s (and their own) bathwater...
Firstly, a couple of the list are still at the bears in 2021. As we all know time doesn’t stand still and people are in different phases of their lives, but a few comments on some of the names as the post seems to suggest that these blokes were recruited in on one year goes to win a flag:
Corrie- Former coach, played 5 seasons with the bears. A part of the furniture and always will be seen as a favourite son of the club. Has always held an aspiration to coach again and got that opportunity at Yeronga- you wouldn’t meet a better bloke in QLD footy.
Reed- Former captain, played nearly 100 games for the bears, wants to play Friday’s to spend time with his young family (would have stayed to do so at Kenmore, but league knocked back the club’s application for a 3rds team)
Judson- played 4/5 years at the bears as well, still there in 2021.
I’m pretty sure the first time Murdoch went to Beenleigh was for the GF, he’s from Tassie, came with Nolan, Baker, Robbo etc as they all work together.
No surprises Baker went back to the highest level he could play- good player, great bloke, wants to push himself while he’s still young and able.
Stallard and Huddy were both Jindalee juniors, but made their senior debuts for Kenmore, then went to play at a higher level, came back when the opportunity arose last year, both would have played at least 3-4 years footy for the bears in the past.
Tempo is a superstar and still around at the bears as far as I know.
I’m told (though happy to be proven wrong) that Nolan and Cant have retired.

The Yeronga boys (Dishot, Jennings, Noddy) came when they went **** up a couple of years ago and they were stalwarts of that club, wrapped they were able to get it back up and going again, great people.

My understanding (and I’m no longer actively involved there) is that there’s plenty of new faces and numbers on the track. New coach, enthusiasm, different energy.
Will that parlay to results on field? Time will tell, I’d expect them to be a competitive club in Div 1 this year, even accounting for comings and going’s.

Have they recruited anyone ? No matter how you spin it that’s some torrid turnover going into a new comp

thats some quality spin. A bloke plays about 60 games and is a favourite son and part of the furniture - setting a pretty low bar!

People speculate about a club. Bloke who has a bit of knowledge comes forth and offers some actual fact, and said bloke gets cut down from the patrons in the cheap seats. Never change bigfooty

People speculate about a club. Bloke who has a bit of knowledge comes forth and offers some actual fact, and said bloke gets cut down from the patrons in the cheap seats. Never change bigfooty

Yeah 5 seasons is a reasonable length of time for many local footballers - and considering Corrie would be welcomed at any club in Qld. Plus its not how much time blokes spend at a club that determines their worth - some might be pains in the a hole for 10 years - but what they contribute when they are there that determines their worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I don't know where you get your info from But only five guys come to play with all of them being Kenmore Juniors and one jindalee junior
They have a major strong Juniors base and a Huge grant to rebuild the Clubhouse and Change rooms
Kenmore is a very Close club and will be ok you just watch....
Corrie will end up back there in the next few years....

Not especially. Many of the current crop of seniors were juniors but the junior club isn't supplying too many these days. It has been growing again in recent years so might be pushing through a few more in years to come.

Quick glance at the GF side on sportingpulse and where they came from

Baker - NEAFL
Stallard - NEAFL (Jindalee jnr)
Huddy - NEAFL (Jindalee jnr)
Templeton - Yeronga
Dishot - Yeronga
Murdoch - Beenleigh
Robertson - Morningside
Judson - Sherwood
Reed - Sherwood
Corrie - Sherwood

Just because someone plays somewhere doesn't really mean they 'came' from there. Most of those guys have played at multiple clubs. Corrie also came from the Brisbane Lions and Collingwood and he's not going back to those clubs any more than he's likely to return to Sherwood. He's 36 and not especially fit. Still pretty classy player though at lower levels.

thats some quality spin. A bloke plays about 60 games and is a favourite son and part of the furniture - setting a pretty low bar!

Not sure how many games he's played but Corrie would definitely be considered a favourite son at Kenmore. He's coached seniors and youth at Jindalee/Kenmore, promoted awareness and respect for Indigenous issues and culture, been a great clubman and team mate and won a premiership. That's not a low bar at all.

Let’s be honest with that transient nature of QLD footy anything longer then 2 years you would fall into the “local” or “favourite son” category

Nux brings much more than his footy skills to any club he goes to and would be well respected everywhere he has played. He won a flag, coached our 18s and kicked about 250 goals for us over 4-5 seasons.

He was also always the first person to put his hand up for a junior clinic, jumper presentation or similar and was a 2 time winner of our Barry 'Phantom' Johnson Trophy that recognises senior footballers for their efforts as a club man.

Yeronga will be a much better club thanks to his involvement, just as I'm sure Kenmore are and so are we 👍

Nux brings much more than his footy skills to any club he goes to and would be well respected everywhere he has played. He won a flag, coached our 18s and kicked about 250 goals for us over 4-5 seasons.

He was also always the first person to put his hand up for a junior clinic, jumper presentation or similar and was a 2 time winner of our Barry 'Phantom' Johnson Trophy that recognises senior footballers for their efforts as a club man.

Yeronga will be a much better club thanks to his involvement, just as I'm sure Kenmore are and so are we 👍

And probably considered a favourite son as well.

So with Kenmore not going into Div 1 and talk of Aspley dropping back potentially to even Fri nights would that mean a 6 team div 1? Surely if that is the case it would trigger a hasty re alignment of Div 1 and Div 2 North / South to even up the comps?

If Kenmore drops out I assume no one replaces? 7 team comp again ?
Mate I have it on fairly good authority that Kenmore will be playing in the QFA Div 2 North Comp and there will only be 7 sides in Div 1 6 in Div 2 South and something in the order of 15 In Div 2 North Comp. Not great for Kenmore nor Div 1 but if they no longer have the cattle to be competitive then no much option.

Mate I have it on fairly good authority that Kenmore will be playing in the QFA Div 2 North Comp and there will only be 7 sides in Div 1 6 in Div 2 South and something in the order of 15 In Div 2 North Comp. Not great for Kenmore nor Div 1 but if they no longer have the cattle to be competitive then no much option.

Aspley definitely looking at Friday night is word on street. Probably does need full realignment of all competitions as very in balanced.

If Aspley wind up on Friday nights, then Div 1 has 6 teams. Thats crazy.

Surely Moreton having won 3 flags in a row go up, but no rule that suggests they should and wouldn't begrudge them not going up - they are right where they belong.

Must be a nightmare for AFLQ trying to sort this out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back