QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Six or One

Draftee
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bit of a go slow on the Div 1 front.

Any movements for clubs that hasn’t been reported?

Beenleigh - loved the buffs in 2020. Fast, exciting and more than up to the level. Only 2-3 top end types from being a genuine threat I feel. Murdoch going around again? Tough pot for recruiting with Pumas only down the road

Springwood - new coach, same cattle? Any whispers here? As long as Page, Bain, Preston-Smith (severely under-rated) & Hooper roll around, they will win more than they lose I’d say

UQ - Mackinley back in charge. Respected figure with great record previously. Let’s hope he attracts some new cattle, activity has been limited so it is hard to get a measure.

Coorparoo - very active on new signings. How much do Grange faces add? Reid & Molan the key 2 for mine, improvers it seems. Disappointing end to 2020 for them

Mayne - Ivers, Coghlan & Ivers back to state league/VFL. Hard to replace but always competitive. Any new faces?

Caloundra - top end looks healthy. Seem to have retained 75% of 2019 senior lineup which makes them a threat. Depth?

Kenmore - Heard that half of premiership team has moved on with Redland, Magpies or retirement. Any new signings? Were active this time last season

Aspley - will the VFL kill out the top end of the seniors with the need for VFL reserves?

All lineups a chance at this stage, nothing jumping out at me that separates anyone from the pack
Be very surprised if Grange faces make any impact at Coorparoo at all.

Any players coming from Grange would have been coached and recruited by the now ex Grange coach.

Who had limited success while coaching them and also failed to get Coorparoo playing finals footy for the first time in 5-6 years.

Jul 16, 2010
moree
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be fair current grange coach didn’t have much luck either, don’t think most coaches would in the short term.

Remove noosa from the equation & you’d be surprised if they don’t play finals in 2021.
Weren’t propped up by local neafl talent either even know they probably would’ve liked to have been.

Be very surprised if Grange faces make any impact at Coorparoo at all.

Any players coming from Grange would have been coached and recruited by the now ex Grange coach.

Who had limited success while coaching them and also failed to get Coorparoo playing finals footy for the first time in 5-6 years.

Punter17

Draftee
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Caloundra look like the big front runners to date? Could be wrong. All there 2019 players have returned, Ross, Watson, keleher, McCombe, Taylor with the addition in one of the best local talents sunny coast has seen in Dzufer, also hearing Norman coming out of the square, Will cause a lot of headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Footyboy2020

Rookie
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Caloundra look like the big front runners to date? Could be wrong. All there 2019 players have returned, Ross, Watson, keleher, McCombe, Taylor with the addition in one of the best local talents sunny coast has seen in Dzufer, also hearing Norman coming out of the square, Will cause a lot of headaches.

Will be very hard to beat, however wouldn’t be ruling out Mayne, Coorparoo or Springwood, still think this comp might be the most even comp out of them all. Get the feeling that if a team is not on there A game anyone will be beatable by any team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smy1305

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
kings for mine.Better established. Caloundra will have reasonable top end talent but depth could be a concern
Possibly just picked up half a doz of Maroochy lads who were decent 2's players (occasional 1's). Will certainly make that depth issue less of an issue now! But you are correct - Caloundra has had a good 20-25 players for a number of years now (although 2019 was a real struggle with alot of 1st year players but managed to compete all year) but the 2's haven't been competitive. Think this year might be different from what I've heard.

Remove this Banner Ad