QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Caloundra look like the big front runners to date? Could be wrong. All there 2019 players have returned, Ross, Watson, keleher, McCombe, Taylor with the addition in one of the best local talents sunny coast has seen in Dzufer, also hearing Norman coming out of the square, Will cause a lot of headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Caloundra look like the big front runners to date? Could be wrong. All there 2019 players have returned, Ross, Watson, keleher, McCombe, Taylor with the addition in one of the best local talents sunny coast has seen in Dzufer, also hearing Norman coming out of the square, Will cause a lot of headaches.

Will be very hard to beat, however wouldn’t be ruling out Mayne, Coorparoo or Springwood, still think this comp might be the most even comp out of them all. Get the feeling that if a team is not on there A game anyone will be beatable by any team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

kings for mine.Better established. Caloundra will have reasonable top end talent but depth could be a concern

Possibly just picked up half a doz of Maroochy lads who were decent 2's players (occasional 1's). Will certainly make that depth issue less of an issue now! But you are correct - Caloundra has had a good 20-25 players for a number of years now (although 2019 was a real struggle with alot of 1st year players but managed to compete all year) but the 2's haven't been competitive. Think this year might be different from what I've heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a go slow on the Div 1 front.

Any movements for clubs that hasn’t been reported?

Beenleigh - loved the buffs in 2020. Fast, exciting and more than up to the level. Only 2-3 top end types from being a genuine threat I feel. Murdoch going around again? Tough pot for recruiting with Pumas only down the road

Springwood - new coach, same cattle? Any whispers here? As long as Page, Bain, Preston-Smith (severely under-rated) & Hooper roll around, they will win more than they lose I’d say

UQ - Mackinley back in charge. Respected figure with great record previously. Let’s hope he attracts some new cattle, activity has been limited so it is hard to get a measure.

Coorparoo - very active on new signings. How much do Grange faces add? Reid & Molan the key 2 for mine, improvers it seems. Disappointing end to 2020 for them

Mayne - Ivers, Coghlan & Ivers back to state league/VFL. Hard to replace but always competitive. Any new faces?

Caloundra - top end looks healthy. Seem to have retained 75% of 2019 senior lineup which makes them a threat. Depth?

Kenmore - Heard that half of premiership team has moved on with Redland, Magpies or retirement. Any new signings? Were active this time last season

Aspley - will the VFL kill out the top end of the seniors with the need for VFL reserves?

All lineups a chance at this stage, nothing jumping out at me that separates anyone from the pack

Have heard UQ boasting over 60 on the track early on, few returning faces. Kenmore on the other hand will be the perennial spooner. Corrie taken many down the road to Yeronga

Corrie coaching Yeronga who are trying to get Sat footy back up and going. Former Yeronga players going back there to be part of it shouldn't be surprising.

Kenmore will get absolutely thumped if they even make it to the line. Always going to happen trying to go to Div 1 with a side that is like a revolving door from other clubs dregs.

Corrie coaching Yeronga who are trying to get Sat footy back up and going. Former Yeronga players going back there to be part of it shouldn't be surprising.

Kenmore will get absolutely thumped if they even make it to the line. Always going to happen trying to go to Div 1 with a side that is like a revolving door from other clubs dregs.
Handful have apparently gone to Moorooka as well

I heard that 18 of their PRemiership 22 are gone to a mix of Sherwood, Vic Point, Yeronga, Coorparoo. Add Moorooka to the list and its struggle st!

chose and applied to go up a level. Surely you would get committment from your players first before making such a move!

I heard that 18 of their PRemiership 22 are gone to a mix of Sherwood, Vic Point, Yeronga, Coorparoo. Add Moorooka to the list and its struggle st!

Not a single one of their players have come to play Saturday footy at Sherwood. Possibly a few coming back to Sherwood (where they were from) to play on Friday nights.

Maybe this is where AFLQ need to be more proactive in these situations. We know with new rules you cop a 2 point loading if you get a player from a club in your competition.

Maybe a new rule around coaches leaving at a different division and bringing players needs to be looked at as well. Something like if you recruit any more than 2 players from another division, every player after 2 comes with points loading of 2-3 points?

Will stop massive walkouts from clubs and leaving a s**t fight behind to clean up mess and get club back into getting a team out. All because certain individuals leave and take half a club with them.

Not a single one of their players have come to play Saturday footy at Sherwood. Possibly a few coming back to Sherwood (where they were from) to play on Friday nights.

Im involved at Moorooka and not one bloke from Kenmore has come here either, couple went over there actually. Love the BF Rumour mill

Maybe this is where AFLQ need to be more proactive in these situations. We know with new rules you cop a 2 point loading if you get a player from a club in your competition.

Maybe a new rule around coaches leaving at a different division and bringing players needs to be looked at as well. Something like if you recruit any more than 2 players from another division, every player after 2 comes with points loading of 2-3 points?

Will stop massive walkouts from clubs and leaving a sh*t fight behind to clean up mess and get club back into getting a team out. All because certain individuals leave and take half a club with them.

there is some sort of rule in womens footy that says you can't recruit more than 5(?) players from another club. Can't see why that rule doesn't apply in mens footy.

think the Kenmore situation is different though. They loaded up on NEAFL guys, had a heap from Yeronga come to them when Yeronga Div 1 folded and then survived on dregs from higher ranking clubs. NEAFL blokes all went back (understandlaby) and took one with them, and the others are mostly going back to their home clubs.

Then once that happens, those that are still there and loyal probably get disheartened and follow everyone out the door. I honestly think they might be struggling to put 2 teams on the park come round 1.

there is some sort of rule in womens footy that says you can't recruit more than 5(?) players from another club. Can't see why that rule doesn't apply in mens footy.

think the Kenmore situation is different though. They loaded up on NEAFL guys, had a heap from Yeronga come to them when Yeronga Div 1 folded and then survived on dregs from higher ranking clubs. NEAFL blokes all went back (understandlaby) and took one with them, and the others are mostly going back to their home clubs.

Then once that happens, those that are still there and loyal probably get disheartened and follow everyone out the door. I honestly think they might be struggling to put 2 teams on the park come round 1.
Mate I don't know where you get your info from But only five guys come to play with all of them being Kenmore Juniors and one jindalee junior
the yeronga guys all 3 of them come a couple of years ago and did not want to play Friday night....
the guys that starred in the GF where all long time Players and juniors like there captain Matty
they have played in that Div before and very Unfairly Got pushed down in a restructure by the league
They have a major strong Juniors base and a Huge grant to rebuild the Clubhouse and Change rooms
Kenmore is a very Close club and will be ok you just watch....
Corrie will end up back there in the next few years....

not sure thats right?

Quick glance at the GF side on sportingpulse and where they came from

Baker - NEAFL
Stallard - NEAFL (Jindalee jnr)
Huddy - NEAFL (Jindalee jnr)
Templeton - Yeronga
Dishot - Yeronga
Murdoch - Beenleigh
Nolan - Beenleigh/MtGravatt
Robertson - Morningside
Cant - Coorparoo/Mt Gravatt
Judson - Sherwood
Reed - Sherwood
Corrie - Sherwood

Are any of them sticking around, or going back where they came from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back