QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you guys get much say about what div you entered into?

hey mate,

no none at all,

We got told you start in the lowest division and work your way up . We only officially got our licence approved 4 weeks ago. so we have been training without actually knowing if we had a team to play for so when we got told we are in division 4 we were stoked just to get a licence, we have no idea if we are going to be any good litterally have 40 guys that have never played footy together and have known each other for 12 weeks.

However, honestly there is no way I would ask to go up a division because 6 guys on big footy think we will be world beaters.

hey mate,

no none at all,

We got told you start in the lowest division and work your way up . We only officially got our licence approved 4 weeks ago. so we have been training without actually knowing if we had a team to play for so when we got told we are in division 4 we were stoked just to get a licence, we have no idea if we are going to be any good litterally have 40 guys that have never played footy together and have known each other for 12 weeks.

However, honestly there is no way I would ask to go up a division because 6 guys on big footy think we will be world beaters.

Thought I would ask, there will be some teams travelling well over an hour to face the inevitable slaughter (I say this as most teams aren’t at ipswich eagles seniors standards in this division) others will show up with more hope and it is probably good for this division to know it has nothing to do with your club choosing to be in this division. Aflq need to change the process of every new team straight into div 4.

Ipswich Eagles coach said over the weekend that Pac Pines would challenge for a flag if they were in Div 2.
Wouldn’t even break a sweat against a Div 3 or 4 opponent.

I’ll be the first to throw myself to the wolves and make some predictions.
Div 3:
Zillmere.
Maroochy
Woodies.
Jimboomba.
Morningside.
Mayne.
Bribie.
Ormeau.

Div 4:
PAC Pines
Mt Gravatt
Collingwood Park
Coorparoo
Marcellin
UQ
Beenleigh
North Shore
Ferny Grove
Ipswich

All guess work at this stage but Sounds like a clear favourite in each Div (Zillmere/PAC Pines). I’m interested to see how the Zillmere v Maroochy and Collingwood Park v Mt Gravatt games go in round 1. Maroochy likely main challengers in Div 3, whilst CP and Mt Gravatt look closest to challenging in div 4. Woodies will no doubt be there abouts again, whilst coorparoo and UQ have had big numbers on the track all preseason so will be interesting to see if they have the talent to go with the depth, both being 3rds teams. Thoughts?

I’ll be the first to throw myself to the wolves and make some predictions.
Div 3:
Zillmere.
Maroochy
Woodies.
Jimboomba.
Morningside.
Mayne.
Bribie.
Ormeau.

Div 4:
PAC Pines
Mt Gravatt
Collingwood Park
Coorparoo
Marcellin
UQ
Beenleigh
North Shore
Ferny Grove
Ipswich

All guess work at this stage but Sounds like a clear favourite in each Div (Zillmere/PAC Pines). I’m interested to see how the Zillmere v Maroochy and Collingwood Park v Mt Gravatt games go in round 1. Maroochy likely main challengers in Div 3, whilst CP and Mt Gravatt look closest to challenging in div 4. Woodies will no doubt be there abouts again, whilst coorparoo and UQ have had big numbers on the track all preseason so will be interesting to see if they have the talent to go with the depth, both being 3rds teams. Thoughts?

Not rating Morningside who won GF by plenty and probably look stronger this year in Friday Night space?

Not rating Morningside who won GF by plenty and probably look stronger this year in Friday Night space?
Yeah fair point. They were hardest for me to place as I haven’t heard anything about them this preseason. Partly depends on who filters down from QAFL, especially with the fragility of VFL. What makes you say they are stronger than last year?

as long as big Monkey is playing, they are a chance. They only lost once after he joined them late in the season, and that night he got 3 yellow cards (which is a strange one in itself!)

Don't think we've been lower than 3rd in 13 years so hoping to be thereabouts in the Woodies - just gotta keep the hamstrings intact at the business end.

Yeah fair point. They were hardest for me to place as I haven’t heard anything about them this preseason. Partly depends on who filters down from QAFL, especially with the fragility of VFL. What makes you say they are stronger than last year?

From what I know the majority of list is staying together apart from 2 or 3 players who may play Ressies. And I think a few more past players have jumped on board. Think they will be there when whips are cracking.

Morningside have been the sleeping giant of this comp, they have never really had the ex QAFL guys push down and play, were generally young guys or new to the game types. Add in some quality older fellas and experience and they showed they are very hard to beat.
Really glad they kept the div together, despite none of the teams being Pac Pines level, it’s a comp that improves year on year.

Ironically the ex QAFL players they have brought into the side in the last 12 months gnerally played their QAFL footy somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I know the majority of list is staying together apart from 2 or 3 players who may play Ressies. And I think a few more past players have jumped on board. Think they will be there when whips are cracking.
Well if they have retained most/all of the granny side from last year then I agree they will be right up there when the whips are cracking. Think Div 3 will be very interesting this year.

Sounds like the opposite in Div 4. Few tongue in cheek comments (Longy 😉) but in all seriousness, would be very disappointing if it’s a one horse race. Has there ever been so much hype over a team that’s never played before?? 😂

Well if they have retained most/all of the granny side from last year then I agree they will be right up there when the whips are cracking. Think Div 3 will be very interesting this year.

Sounds like the opposite in Div 4. Few tongue in cheek comments (Longy 😉) but in all seriousness, would be very disappointing if it’s a one horse race. Has there ever been so much hype over a team that’s never played before?? 😂

Aspley brought a team into div 4 a few years ago and were talking undefeated premiers from the start. They lost the GF. But they were no where near the standard of the newest and greatest team ever assembled. Undefeated with 800% points is a certainty.

Aspley brought a team into div 4 a few years ago and were talking undefeated premiers from the start. They lost the GF. But they were no where near the standard of the newest and greatest team ever assembled. Undefeated with 800% points is a certainty.
And I stand by this prediction. Book mark it.

Ipswich Eagles coach said over the weekend that Pac Pines would challenge for a flag if they were in Div 2.
Wouldn’t even break a sweat against a Div 3 or 4 opponent.
This has to be the best comment! they beat Ipswich by a point so that in itself means they would not be challenging for a flag on Saturdays as ippy will be lucky to play finals even with it being a top 8. Be a few sides in div 3 that would have different ideas on this breaking a sweat! Pac must be 1.10 to fold next year when they loose all these guns to some other one hit wonder!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back