QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone explain what's going on with the week 2 finals set up in Div 4? How are CP and MT G already both locked in? And who get's home ground advantage? is it just the two highest ranked winners from week 1?

1629082025750.png

Can anyone explain what's going on with the week 2 finals set up in Div 4? How are CP and MT G already both locked in? And who get's home ground advantage? is it just the two highest ranked winners from week 1?

1st vs 6th
2nd vs 5th
3rd vs 4th

3 winners and highest qualifying team, 2 highest rank winners will host prelims. Therefore CP are the only team assured a prelim so I’m not sure why mt Gravatt are in prelim already.

View attachment 1207641

Div 4 Tips for first week of Finals?

(1) C/Park vs Pac Power (6)
(2) Mt Grav vs Marcellin (5)
(3) Coop vs UQ (4)

Any upsets on the cards?

There's nothing better than the smell of finals footy in the air! Watching the best players from each club get up and pull their team to victory. Will we see Thomas Bennetts collect a heap of footy for Pacific Pines? Will we see Jarrod Prakelt kick a bag for Collingwood Park? Will we see Matt Perejmibida be almost unstoppable for Coorparoo? Will we see Steven 'The Barometer' Collier's lethal left foot carve through the oppositions defence? Cream rises to the top and this final series will give plenty of moments for our best players to shine. What other players might step up this final series?

There's nothing better than the smell of finals footy in the air! Watching the best players from each club get up and pull their team to victory. Will we see Thomas Bennetts collect a heap of footy for Pacific Pines? Will we see Jarrod Prakelt kick a bag for Collingwood Park? Will we see Matt Perejmibida be almost unstoppable for Coorparoo? Will we see Steven 'The Barometer' Collier's lethal left foot carve through the oppositions defence? Cream rises to the top and this final series will give plenty of moments for our best players to shine. What other players might step up this final series?
Nice work Steele. Do you have any knowledge on whether Morro qualified for Pac Pines. Imagine him on the end of those Thomas Bennetts possessions. Tony Lockett stuff!!

Div 4 Tips for first week of Finals?

(1) C/Park vs Pac Power (6)
(2) Mt Grav vs Marcellin (5)
(3) Coop vs UQ (4)

Any upsets on the cards?

COLLINGWOOD PARK by 16pts - Have had the best defence all season, can't see Pac Pines kicking more then 50pts.

MARCELLIN by 2pts - The upset of the round, Mt Gravatt's wheels are starting to fall off and there is some serious player discontent.

COORPAROO by 30pts - The favourite for the flag in my eyes. After starting the year with 4 consecutive losses, hasn't put a foot wrong since and has quality player representation in all 3 lines. Perejmibida not playing hurts a lot, but expect their mids to overpower UQ early and hit the scoreboard.

Any thoughts on Div 3?
Two ripper games with Jimboomba v Zillmere and Sherwood v Morningside. Basically prelims with winners to GF and losers knocked out

Think Zillmere and Sherwood get the chocolates, though both teams very dependent on who is available/injured - when everyone at full strength, those 2 sides the standouts (even if they need zimmer frames)

Went over to Panther Park to see the great Troy Moncur having a kick in what was potentially his last game. Tell you what, the standard of footy being played in Div 3 is extraordinary. Both Sherwood and Morningside have multiple players who would crack senior level in any division other than the QAFL and I'm pretty comfortable either would beat most of the Div 2 teams other than the Top 2-4 and do it easily! First game I've seen this year and the standard is through the roof, what an absolute belter of a game with a huge crowd that would rival Saturday arvos at Jack Esplen.

Sherwood overcame some shocking discplinary lapses to get home in a thriller.

Morningside #18, #4, #50 and #12 very handy looking players, surely choosing to play 3rds as opposed to left out of the Senior Squad?

Sherwood #4 next level, alongside #9, #2, #30 and #25 who are all very accomplished players by the look of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went over to Panther Park to see the great Troy Moncur having a kick in what was potentially his last game. Tell you what, the standard of footy being played in Div 3 is extraordinary. Both Sherwood and Morningside have multiple players who would crack senior level in any division other than the QAFL and I'm pretty comfortable either would beat most of the Div 2 teams other than the Top 2-4 and do it easily! First game I've seen this year and the standard is through the roof, what an absolute belter of a game with a huge crowd that would rival Saturday arvos at Jack Esplen.

Morningside #18, #4, #50 and #12 very handy looking players, surely choosing to play 3rds as opposed to left out of the Senior Squad?

Sherwood #4 next level, alongside #9, #2, #30 and #25 who are all very accomplished players by the look of it.
How did Thommo play?

Didn't know he was out there, but in hindsight I could have looked up the teamsheets. If he was, he didn't do much as I don't recall seeing him - thought he wore #42, but teamsheet says #36?

Looking now, the players I thought were good are names Oppenheimer, McNeice, Peak and Mcevoy for Panthers. For Sherwood, Pope was the difference and Ielasi, Haddad, Barling and Radcliffe were excellent contributors.

All these blokes are serious footballers.

There were two enormous hits in the game. Morningside bloke cleaned someone up on the Riding Road wing, and a Sherwood bloke walloped someone on the clubhouse wing right in front of the crowd - both were bone crunchers.

There were two enormous hits in the game. Morningside bloke cleaned someone up on the Riding Road wing, and a Sherwood bloke walloped someone on the clubhouse wing right in front of the crowd - both were bone crunchers.
Should be a cracker GF this week between Jimboomba & Sherwood

Well Ben McNiece is a former NEAFL player and draft hopeful and Adam Peak was a state footballer coming through juniors so no surprises there.

Jake Carl is the best player I’ve seen running around on a Friday night in a long time! And it’s his first year playing AFL. Bloke single handedly nearly won Mt Gravatt the game last night.

Div 4 grand final looks like it was an epic.

Well done power
Watch the reply and tell me that one bloke in green didn’t make sure a team won, Collingwood park got 9 free kicks 15m out from goal. Very strange the umpires got rushed off the field and didn’t stay around for the presentation, But hey the result won’t change and it was good game of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back