Sim Qooty Instructions, Walkthroughs etc - ask here for how-to's

Remove this Banner Ad

There is not "ext", only "txt".

The player names are not to have any ^ characters, it is just a code to tell the Sim at the BP position "actually I'm not telling you this player's name, I'm telling you where to go find ALL the player's names"

The file name is not meant to be named after a player (unless if that's what you wanted)

save your team as a 7-character max filename.txt eg dodos.txt or elephan.txt - the file name is actually not important save for differentiating between it and others, it wont be used to name the side. You can call it list1.txt if you want.

Within the file, add the 20 player names on separate lines

Now, go to adding a team, add the team names. THIS TIME it will be important - it will be what you'll see, what reports will say

Then, at the player entry screen, you start with a Back Pocket

At that point enter the filename with a ^ in front, eg ^dodos, ^elephan or ^list1

Press enter and the Sim, instead of asking for the Full Back next, will note the ^ and realise you're saying, go get them from a text file

Please take all of my likes and cash them in for gold because that worked perfectly AND will make it easier to name the text files :hearts:

The instructions in the actual team maker is rather confusing...

Hmm, this may be because Im using version 9.7...Thats an old one now, isnt it?

Edit: Found 10.5, will use that one instead :oops:

Oh god I feel like an idiot now, this 10.5 works perfectly on my Windows 7...So I spent all last night setting up a Virtual PC with XP just to run Qooty when theres a version that works perfectly anyway...

Herp.

Hmm, this may be because Im using version 9.7...Thats an old one now, isnt it?

Edit: Found 10.5, will use that one instead :oops:

Oh god I feel like an idiot now, this 10.5 works perfectly on my Windows 7...So I spent all last night setting up a Virtual PC with XP just to run Qooty when theres a version that works perfectly anyway...

Herp.
Quoted to destroy your career.

Hmm, any reason Im not getting DT stats at the end of the game in the text file? Just stops at Behinds and doesnt show everyones score...Must be a setting I havnt turned on?
It's a different report,

From the OP :

In Qooty, go to VIEW RESULTS > GAMES {enter} > MYLEAGUE {enter} > AUSPOW11.04 > S
Then find everything you need (colourful stats, game time, goal-by-goal) in Qooty > AFTRMTCH.TXT [Screenshot 1] [Screensot 2]

It's a different report,

From the OP :

In Qooty, go to VIEW RESULTS > GAMES {enter} > MYLEAGUE {enter} > AUSPOW11.04 > S
Then find everything you need (colourful stats, game time, goal-by-goal) in Qooty > AFTRMTCH.TXT [Screenshot 1] [Screensot 2]

That is awesome, thanks heaps Mobbs! I should have enough now to simulate these DT games when I get enough teams+sort out a knockout bracket.

Because Im just doing these as practice matches, the Sim only saves the most recent game, right? So in between simmed matches I need to make this AFTRMTCH.txt file and relocated it so I can make a new one for the next game.

Hopefully I can stop bugging you now! :p

Because Im just doing these as practice matches, the Sim only saves the most recent game, right? So in between simmed matches I need to make this AFTRMTCH.txt file and relocated it so I can make a new one for the next game.
Hmm probably not. aftrmtch relies upon there being a stat file for the game saved under the game details, so it's probably saving them individually.

Settings has a section top-left which denotes what is and isn't being saved. Confusing screen though, I hate what I've done there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but it's a brand new laptop that was a gift :/ I have it on my old one, but I cant do anything unless it's in safe mode at the moment.

Please tell me more...

http://www.dosbox.com/

You'll need to put the Sim in the same folder as the program and then mount it as the drive in the box itself, might work.

Windows 10 doesn't have anything to run OLDDOS in 9.7, where can I find something to reverse that?
9.7 is superseded. From memory it was the the final version to run off the DOS/Qbasic platform.
Qooty 10.0 ("Qooty Fwoar") saw the re-compilation of the code into QB64 executable software that can run stand-alone on 64-bit systems. QB64 is the project of a QBasic nerd known as Galleon, who is another QBasic tragic who didn't want to see it die.
Thanks to his hard work, there is no longer a need for DOS, MS-DOS, OLDDOS, or their emulators.
It still runs on rubber bands and paperclips.

QB64 website: http://www.qb64.net/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back