Sim Qooty Instructions, Walkthroughs etc - ask here for how-to's

Remove this Banner Ad

I read the AFL Players Rating booklet, hoping for a simple formula, however, players are giving points on how they interact with the play (positive and negative), which means that players will have more points if they are involved in more positive plays. The problem with DT and Exie points is that a 25 disposal game will give you 100+ points, and so will 10 goals. More points should be given to disposals, and that's where Player Rating succeeds.

I know what the player rating is.

And unless you can find a way to dig up the past figures, then you can't use what the sim outputs.

That's why I asked if the match could start, then I'd be able to post ranking by the end of season 18.

Well, they won't be able to, you'll have to make do with Exie points or something. Which works anyway.

Have you created a league yet?

Also, there is a known problem with having your qooty folder in a directory with spaces in it, so make sure it isn't in "C:/User/My Documents/qooty" or something

Yeah, it's in My Documents. It may be that.
Me either, when are you getting the error message? Have you tried to sim a game before?
I've simmed a game before, but not for 7 months or something like that.
And it's when I first open qooty.

Hey,
been trying to setup my Qooty, but it seems that every time I enter a setup and save it, it doesn't actually save. Also, when playing a game, I get a 'path not found' error, and the file name comes up. I'm thinking this may be a permissions error where QBASIC doesn't have permission to edit the setup file or create the file at the end of the game to access and edit, but don't quite know how to fix it.

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Mobbsy!

Heres a really...Stupid question...Ive got my Qooty all working, can make leagues, teams and so forth...But is there a way to have someone be in two teams at once? Or does that just really confuse the whole Sim? Im only doing scratch matches between two peoples selected teams and there are duplicates.

My only way around it at the moment is to just put a number after each name.

Not if the two teams are playing each other. You would indeed have to make the Sim think they were two different players.

But if Aardvarks were playing Platypuses and Bison were playing Dodos, and Sam Boychips was playing for Aardvarks and then wanted to go play for Dodos in the other match, you could perform a transfer between playing the two games.

Not if the two teams are playing each other. You would indeed have to make the Sim think they were two different players.

But if Aardvarks were playing Platypuses and Bison were playing Dodos, and Sam Boychips was playing for Aardvarks and then wanted to go play for Dodos in the other match, you could perform a transfer between playing the two games.

As I suspected, no worries, will go with the number idea :thumbsu:

Ok, so I managed to add one team as a text, and completely got it by fluke after trying about 5 different combinations of the ^^(Name).ext.txt or whatever it wanted, but not I cant add another, just keeps telling me it cant find the file, despite it being right in the same spot as the other ones?

save your team as a 7-character max filename.txt eg dodos.txt or elephan.txt - the file name is actually not important save for differentiating between it and others, it wont be used to name the side. You can call it list1.txt if you want.

Within the file, add the 20 player names on separate lines

Now, go to adding a team, add the team names. THIS TIME it will be important - it will be what you'll see, what reports will say

Then, at the player entry screen, you start with a Back Pocket

At that point enter the filename with a ^ in front, eg ^dodos, ^elephan or ^list1

Press enter and the Sim, instead of asking for the Full Back next, will note the ^ and realise you're saying, go get them from a text file

Remove this Banner Ad

Back