U18 Champs Queensland and NT combined sides vs Tasmania U19's and U17's, Friday 24th

Remove this Banner Ad

Seth Campbell a Tasmanian small forward finishes with 4 goals, Owen, Saunders, Cowan and McCallum were some of the others I was impressed with, Saunders looking like a genuine top prospect for 2023 with his game style.
Queensland harder to choose for, McMillan was by far away the top queenslander imo, with a pack of 6 or 7 that could be second
Is McMillan GC or Bris?

Cheers PMBangers. Was there a team list at all? McMillan wasn’t on the radar from the beginning of the season.

Will be interesting how strong our academy group is next year, as that’s probably where most of our draftees will come from after matching Ashcroft & Fletcher.

What range do you have Fletcher in for next year? Late first round, early second round, late second round…

Cheers PMBangers. Was there a team list at all? McMillan wasn’t on the radar from the beginning of the season.

Will be interesting how strong our academy group is next year, as that’s probably where most of our draftees will come from after matching Ashcroft & Fletcher.

What range do you have Fletcher in for next year? Late first round, early second round, late second round…
No team lists, I'm lucky enough to be able to recognise McMillan's hair :tearsofjoy:
Fletcher did well in the 19's, not a massive amount of ball but was damaging with what he got, he's probably a 15-30 range rn

Maybe there's a little bit of nerves given it's essentially an Allies trial game, but jeez that first half was rough

I thought the pressure was excellent and above what you would usually get in this type of game especially in the first half.

For the Devils, Davis really worked into the game and got a heap of it. Sanders though was the pick for me as the draftable talent. Little bit on the short side but got plenty of ball and his use was excellent.

For Qld, Triffett was huge in the first quarter but the Devils shut him down a bit after that. He still got plenty but was less damaging. Bella stood out as a talent up forward and Pescud looked good as well. I have been a fan of Abberley the last couple of years but he could not hit a target today and basically killed what small chance he had of being taken. Bowes I liked a lot at the back. Did a good job defensively and was generally composed by foot hitting targets nicely (noting the one howler).

If the commission and clubs approve a Tassie team early next year for start up in say 2026, we may only be a year or 2 away from the tassie kids been quarantined from the draft and set aside for the new club the way the likes of Charlie Dixon and co were for the Suns

nice goal from Jaspar Fletcher there, looks like Brisbane have 2 good F/S prospects for next year

Bella is Huge and has decent skills, im surprised he isnt playing Rugby League like his dad.
This your first time seeing Will play? Thats the benefit of the academies I guess. Attracting athletes from other backgrounds. His family are from Mackay and he and his sister Lauren moved to the GC to be part of the Suns academy. Lauren now the ruckman for AFLW side.

I didn't see the whole match but saw him take big contested pack mark and a couple of other times where he crashed the pack. Really loved seeing that as hadn't seen that as much in the VFL games this year. Had mostly been a marker on the lead in those games. Has been a nice straight shot for goal this year.

He's got it in him, footage has been limited but he's got a good bit of athleticism and can genuinely win the ball below his knees, Tassie aren't an overly difficult opponent so he'd want to be tearing them apart as an Academy member
According to commentators Ned basically missed the whole season due to injury. Only his 3rd game after recent two games for Labrador. He did not show too much except a nice mark, looked some way off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back