Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

Samsung A50, Chrome. Both up to date.
Do you have the option of using a different browser for a bit? Chrome is always a suspect in these cases. If a different browser works, that’s an extra bit of info for the ad people.

Can someone please change my name to Jaz? I named myself after Kade Kolodjashnij but think I accidentally cursed his career and I dont want to curse Jake now :(

Can someone please change my name to Jaz? I named myself after Kade Kolodjashnij but think I accidentally cursed his career and I dont want to curse Jake now :(
OK.

Sorry - has to be 4 characters minimum.

Totally dumb question- how do link another for forumite into your post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any way, when you click on "top contributors" on a thread, can you make it so if you click a username, it brings up their posts exclusively from that thread?

I had to find a specific post from a poster in a thread today- many pages long and took me a while to find it.

And if the poster posts alot in general, cant go thru it on their profile page, would take just as long..

Just an idea idk.

Is there any way, when you click on "top contributors" on a thread, can you make it so if you click a username, it brings up their posts exclusively from that thread?

I had to find a specific post from a poster in a thread today- many pages long and took me a while to find it.

And if the poster posts alot in general, cant go thru it on their profile page, would take just as long..

Just an idea idk.
You can search for one users posts in a thread through the search box options.

F617CB34-F91C-42B2-8AB0-5F2B100D8BF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Two part issue/question.

Firstly, when someone embeds a twitter post, does it actually show within bigfooty or do you have to click to view it? Mine has often just had a blue twitter hyperlink to click on.

Secondly, more recently that has disappeared which leaves me with just a blank space in the middle of the post. In a private browser (I use firefox) I can then get it to have the hyperlink - would think this is cache but cleared that and no luck.

Leaning towards the second issue more being related to my own browser but curious whether the top has been reported before?

Two part issue/question.

Firstly, when someone embeds a twitter post, does it actually show within bigfooty or do you have to click to view it? Mine has often just had a blue twitter hyperlink to click on.

Secondly, more recently that has disappeared which leaves me with just a blank space in the middle of the post. In a private browser (I use firefox) I can then get it to have the hyperlink - would think this is cache but cleared that and no luck.

Leaning towards the second issue more being related to my own browser but curious whether the top has been reported before?
What browser/version and device/operating system are you using?
I would try a couple of things:

Try another browser. Does it still happen? Another device?

Do you have JavaScript switched off? Google your browser name + disable JavaScript

Clear your browser cookies. Again, Google for this.

Privacy add ons and settings can block links to tweets from embedding on the site
In Firefox you see a link to tweet so you have to open it on twitter to avoid the Twitter trackers following you on BF depending on your security settings

Privacy add ons and settings can block links to tweets from embedding on the site
In Firefox you see a link to tweet so you have to open it on twitter to avoid the Twitter trackers following you on BF depending on your security settings
I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back