Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

During the game the app said Curtin was injured.

Is that not true? Did Nicks really sub him at half time without him being injured? Haha. ****ed.

Out:- Worrell. McHenry
In:- Dowling. Schoenberg
??:- Walker - didn’t look fit at all

B:- Jones. Butts. Hinge
HB:- Curtin. Keane. Michaelanney
C:- Nankervis. Dawson. Sholl
1R:- O’Brien. Rankine. Crouch
HF:- Rachelle. Fogarty. Keays
FF:- Himmelberg. Walker. Cook
Int:- Crouch. Dowling. Laird. Schoenberg
Sub:- Smith

If Walker isn’t fit I’d bring in Ryan to debut and shuffle the side, but they’d 100% bring in Burgess to replace him.

Don’t know why we even bother with this thread, we know exactly what will happen.

In Borlase, out Worrell
In Murphy, out Curtin
In Hamill, out Nankervis
Yep, deck chairs on the titanic/those Nicks trusts will be the only ones up for selection.

Nicks will press his classic excuse button and view the inability to get the full points tonight as the players fault again and use his tried and tested methodology again.

Interesting cross roads for Cook, was a project player & has those good skill based traits but just simply might not be good enough for this level. Given this block of games which was the right thing to do but you can just see him being dropped for Murphy by Nicks, like I think Cook hasn’t done enough to stay in the team but am certainly heavily conflicted if Murphy is his replacement.

Also a bit unsure whether Cook even gets a contract for next year but he deserves one in front of others who are likely to get one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out- ROB how someone has got this far with skills as bad as his, I have no idea.
I’m assuming people not suggesting him because it won’t happen.
He’s always been unco but wtf has happened to his marking. Was one of the better clunkers we’ve had for a while. Gets worse every year.

Interesting cross roads for Cook, was a project player & has those good skill based traits but just simply might not be good enough for this level. Given this block of games which was the right thing to do but you can just see him being dropped for Murphy by Nicks, like I think Cook hasn’t done enough to stay in the team but am certainly heavily conflicted if Murphy is his replacement.

Also a bit unsure whether Cook even gets a contract for next year but he deserves one in front of others who are likely to get one.
I'm not a big Cook fan but I thought he was decent today. His best game this year aside from North Melbourne. Don't think he gets dropped if he didn't get dropped after the Essendon or Port Adelaide games.

Structurally, Worrell is out and Hamill should come in and hinge goes into worrells role.

Curtin better not be out unless like one poster mentioned he is injured. McHenry should be an out and schoenberg in

We will lose by 10 goals.
Nah, I doubt it. As disappointing as we've been, we've still been in all of our games (only Freo broke away late). Our games against Collingwood are generally pretty close, we just can't seem to get over the line against them.

We will be too slow and lack any creativity down back with BOTH of Butts and Borlase in the side. Completely out of the question for Borlase to be the one who replaces Worrell for mine. Collingwood’s forward line will contain Mason Cox plus a bunch of mediums and smalls.

Out:
Worrell, McHenry, Smith

In:
Ryan, Dowling, Schoenberg

B: Michalanney - Butts - Hinge
HB: Ryan - Keane - Curtin
C: Nankervis - Crouch - Sholl
HF: Rachele - Walker - Rankine
F: Keays - Fogarty - Himmelberg
R: O’Brien - Dawson - Soligo
Int: Laird - Dowling - Cook - Jones
Sub: Schoenberg

The reality is that Smith is not going anywhere, Ryan is not even being considered for a debut, and former souvenir shop worker Murphy is absolutely coming in. If they find a way to inexplicably select McHenry in the starting 22 again in addition to these other glaring issues (not to mention playing Jones on a wing with Nankervis in defence when anyone with a clue can see that should be the other way around), I’m not sure how anyone could expect any of this ridiculousness to lead to anything good, now or in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back