Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect excuse to keep playing Curtin in AFL. Worrell is injured and Crows won't make finals. Great opportunity to give him some experience.

Speaking of experience, isn't this what Smith is in the team for, to help guide the younger defenders?

On motorola edge 30 pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The club can’t think like that yet. Too early to write the season off - so will be picking and playing to win (as we all demand)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Get ready for Lachlan Murphy to return and spud it up big time against the Pies.
What are you talking about???.

Cant you remember last years game against the pies at the G?..

Murph had a blinder!… especially in the last quarter when the game was up for grabs..

As a senior leader type he was fantastic..

IMG_2279.jpeg

I'll never understand the fixation with having one of Murphy or McHenry in the team but have stopped caring now.
To be fair, Murphy could have been in the team for the last couple of weeks but Nicks hasn't named him. It could be worse and both of them could be in...

Thats pretty unfair. Sando gets a bad gig.

Sando went 17 wins, 10 wins, 11 wins. His drop-off between 2012 - 2013 is easily explained having lost Tippett / Walker who combined for 100 goals in 2012.

Nicks went 3 wins, 7 wins, 8 wins, 11 wins (extra game) and we are on track for another 10-11 win season.

Sando's worst season = Nicks best season.

Sando had his faults but nowhere near enough to compare him to Nicks.
Sando also had Bailey there helping him 2012

Lookin now at the 2012 squad he did have a lot of duds though.

Players in there prime say age 23-28 we had Henderson Jacobs Jenkins Mackay Martin Tippett Douglas Knights Tambling Van Berlo Vince Porps Symes Reilly Rutten and Dowdell (lots of duds there but we had Porps, Sauce Tippett Truck Vince all capable of A Grade matches.

Age 29-32 we had Stiffy Thommo Callinan and Doughty (Callinan had a good year with 37 goals and Thommo was coming closer to the End and Dogga was only ever a C Grader.

We had alot of young kid Stars there. Tex at 21 (63 goals) Danger at 21 Lynch was 21, Smith was 20. Brown was 19 Crouch Laird 18

Players in there prime say age 23-28 we had Henderson Jacobs Jenkins Mackay Martin Tippett Douglas Knights Tambling Van Berlo Vince Porps Symes Reilly Rutten and Dowdell (lots of duds there but we had Porps, Sauce Tippett Truck Vince all capable of A Grade matches.

Age 29-32 we had Stiffy Thommo Callinan and Doughty (Callinan had a good year with 37 goals and Thommo was coming closer to the End and Dogga was only ever a C Grader.

We had alot of young kid Stars there. Tex at 21 (63 goals) Danger at 21 Lynch was 21, Smith was 20. Brown was 19 Crouch Laird 18

Sando also had Bailey with him all of 2013.

The club can’t think like that yet. Too early to write the season off - so will be picking and playing to win (as we all demand)

I'm certainly not demanding that.

At this stage I would be prioritising the development of our squad over whatever marginal improvement we get in our on-field performance by prioritising experience.

Thats pretty unfair. Sando gets a bad gig.

Sando went 17 wins, 10 wins, 11 wins. His drop-off between 2012 - 2013 is easily explained having lost Tippett / Walker who combined for 100 goals in 2012.

Nicks went 3 wins, 7 wins, 8 wins, 11 wins (extra game) and we are on track for another 10-11 win season.

Sando's worst season = Nicks best season.

Sando had his faults but nowhere near enough to compare him to Nicks.

comparing the two is absolutely ridiculous

Sando didn’t have to rebuild the team, Nicks started the rebuild the same time as North and through two years of Covid interruptions

People forget how hard rebuilds are, North have totally fallen over in their rebuild whereas we have made improvement

Yes, Nicks has made his errors, all coaches do but honestly some of the commentary on here is unbelievably inaccurate and misguided

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would not be against bleeding Harry back into the best 22 via the Sub this week. Been in cracking form since he returned. Have him come in on reduced minutes on a wide oval and just tell him to find the pill and be creative.

I like Ned as the sub, but would play Harry over him literally every day of the week.

Sando didn’t have to rebuild the team, Nicks started the rebuild the same time as North and through two years of Covid interruptions

People forget how hard rebuilds are, North have totally fallen over in their rebuild whereas we have made improvement

Yes, Nicks has made his errors, all coaches do but honestly some of the commentary on here is unbelievably inaccurate and misguided

Sando was pretty shit.

How we didn't make finals in 2014 (even with Tex coming back from an ACL) has still got me stumped.

A team with Dangerfield, Betts, peak Talia and Smith, Sloane, Jacobs, Walker, Thommo still playing well and Lynch should have been top four.

I wish we got onto Callinan earlier. Bloke literally did not have a non-preferred side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you talking about???.

Cant you remember last years game against the pies at the G?..

Murph had a blinder!… especially in the last quarter when the game was up for grabs..

As a senior leader type he was fantastic..

View attachment 1990170
So you telling me he didn’t turn it over in the last qtr?

There’s been no rebuild.

Cook had the white top.

Reckon it’s
Out: Worrell, Cook, Curtin, McHenry
In: Nank, Berry, Shoenberg, Murphy

Sub: Shoenberg

3 unforced changes after reasonable team performances is unusual in the last few years.

Maybe only 1 of Berry/Schoenberg comes in

I would not be against bleeding Harry back into the best 22 via the Sub this week. Been in cracking form since he returned. Have him come in on reduced minutes on a wide oval and just tell him to find the pill and be creative.

I like Ned as the sub, but would play Harry over him literally every day of the week.

Harry is always in cracking form in the SANFL but shits the bed at AFL level.

Didn't he get suspended as part of our punishment for Melbourne's tanking?
Correct. He was suspended for the first 16 games of 2013. So Sando effectively had him for 6 games. Then that off season he went on health leave and never returned.

Sando was pretty s**t.

How we didn't make finals in 2014 (even with Tex coming back from an ACL) has still got me stumped.

A team with Dangerfield, Betts, peak Talia and Smith, Sloane, Jacobs, Walker, Thommo still playing well and Lynch should have been top four.
Did you forget the players didn't like him so they eventually got rid of him???

Gotta bring Murphy back. Was fantastic against the Pies last time we played them. From memory had 7 disposals, 2 clangers, 2 tackles, 1 Joe the goose goal and 2 free kicks against.
They are all in a flap over this on the Collingwood forums - saying Murphy in would equal their in!

What I like about Hardwick, is he’s not afraid of taking really big swings.

He keeps throwing it around until he finds the mix he likes

Our guy seems a bit worried about making a mistake, so he doesn’t like to do very much if he can help it
Scared of losing. I don't think I'll ever understand Nicks' coaching philosophy/methods.

He has had every opportunity to take risks whilst coaching due to how low the club had fallen. Almost every supporter understood it would take time.

Generally speaking, it's only when he has injuries that he fully gives the young players an opportunity or when there are no other options available for him. Pretty sad.

On motorola edge 30 pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back