Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely sickening. I feel bad for the younger players coming through club. Nicks and Co deserve the heat with their selections.

It’s sad how we reward mediocre performances in McHenry and Murphy. Yet when Curtin has a poor game we send him to the oblivion.

I understand EH being in the team at least as TT is out. But cmon, these guys are only getting games because of their effort not on ability.

I just don't know what Nicks is trying to achieve with this team when he continually yo-yos the same group of guys in and out regardless of how badly they perform in their AFL games.

Youth have to have a huge patch of consistent form to get a call-up, but then that's hard to maintain when Nicks continually ignores bad form to keep guys in, or just doesn't care about form to bring others in.

He’s not trying to achieve anything, he’s just cycling through the 26 players that were deemed selectable during the preseason.

Did you mean time to move on from the Coach?

Come on mate, this is 2 weeks in a row with s**t selections, Nank should never have been relegated to sub last week. This week we have Murphy and McHenry in the same side and they’ve thrown in Hamill to top it of.

No one else to bring in? How about Schoenberg, Berry. Dowling, Taylor….

Two weeks??

We're in our 5th YEAR of putting up with shit selections.

It's hard to get excited when we keep going back to failed options or options with no upside.

I actually like Hamill but does the club really believe he's going to have a long, high level career? I have my heart in my mouth every time he goes in for the ball. Is courageous but lacks awareness of what's around him.

Murphy and McHenry just aren't good enough. Do we really see them going toe to toe with top four teams in September in our future? They are passengers in the occasional wins that Tex, Rankine & Dawson are able to conjure, completely irrelevant to our fortunes.

Nankervis on the field, thank goodness. One positive.

The other positive is it looks like Michalanney will be freed up. Interested to see him as a more attacking, zone-off 3rd tall in the Worrell role. Think he could be quite devastating in that rol
Disgusting changes, genuinely spew worthy
I’m done with this guy. I just want him out and away of the club I support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith should have been out and Curtin retained if worried about the Pies smaller forward line (and they have already brought in Hamill, and Jones will play back pocket). Nank onto a wing. Murphy or McHenry should only ever be subs, never in the same team together. Schoenberg would have been a much better option than either if they are actually playing. In the bright side, these selections will mean the incredibly slim chance we make finals will be gone by 5pm Saturday night, even in the clubs deluded minds, so hopefully some changes week after…

He is now, but he was in/out/in/out to start the year and didn't really have any stand out performances to repeatedly get his spot back.
True, but he’s had a good 3 weeks so no issue with his spot atm. Genuinely no idea why this club persists with Hamill, I highly doubt he’s on the list next year and it’s just wasting games that Ryan could be getting.

Absolutely sickening. I feel bad for the younger players coming through club. Nicks and Co deserve the heat with their selections.

It’s sad how we reward mediocre performances in McHenry and Murphy. Yet when Curtin has a poor game we send him to the oblivion.

I understand EH being in the team at least as TT is out. But cmon, these guys are only getting games because of their effort not on ability.
Himmelberg was also one of our best last week too, don’t lump him in this convo.

How can Nicks blast the fans for not watching SANFL yet bring in Hamill and Murphy? It's clearly evident he doesn't watch a minute of it otherwise he wouldn't keep yo-yoing the same players in and out of the side.
I was there and Murphy was average at best . We lost for ffs and he was probably our 5 th best

Curtin ask for a trade at season end. State working with this clown is untenable.

Jed Walter has been dropped this week - should he quit Gold Coast?
Ryley Sanders has been subbed and dropped multiple times (and has played infinitely better than Dan has) - does he quit too?

Not even half way through the season, interrupted pre season and has already played two big games - a showdown and last years GF team

It’s almost like because the lad hasn’t played well at the level - and no where near what people on here would have hoped for - that to counter the disappoint it’s another opp to sling crap on Nicks/Club

Just settle - we are just moments into this kids career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back