Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

F**K I'm done with Nicks and his stupid cohorts. Whatta S**T show they give us week after week with these pathetic selections.
Murphy was barely servicable last week and Hamill's time is up. To say they were good is a joke.
KPD defender goes out injured who do they bring in a friggin HBF who has brain fades. Borlase was the logical replacement but no these incompetent morons just can't understand these things.
Sack them ASAP.
Can borlase was actually really good last week. Had a much better game than hammel

The unfortunate thing about Murphy is that he does have decent Footy IQ. Reads play well.

Just can't execute.

Combine his IQ with Chayce Jones skill and physical traits, you have a very good player.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Combine Jones skill, with Murphys footy IQ, and Nedā€™s hustleā€¦. Iā€™d still delist.

F**K I'm done with Nicks and his stupid cohorts. Whatta S**T show they give us week after week with these pathetic selections.
Murphy was barely servicable last week and Hamill's time is up. To say they were good is a joke.

Was on board here.

KPD defender goes out injured who do they bring in a friggin HBF who has brain fades. Borlase was the logical replacement but no these incompetent morons just can't understand these things.
Sack them ASAP.

And you just lost me here.

Who is Borlase gonna cover against Collingwood? Mihocek is out (alongside Elliot) who are their two best forwards.

Butts is going to go to the Cox/Cameron. Keane will go to McInnes.

Their other goal kickers are: Hill (12), Lipinski (9) , Schultz (9), McCreery (6) - and Daicos as well. Borlase has the turning circle of a double decker bus. Which one is he athletic enough to cover?

Not bringing in Borlase is actually a smart play.

Youā€™re giving too much credit to Jones. Who is an average Sanfl player at best.
Very good raw skill and fitness.

Very bad Football IQ.

The raw skills allowed him to play midfield as a kid.

The low Footy IQ why he is at best a basic Wings player in AFL/SANFL.

Can only play the game up and down.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i had such low expectations for who we were going to bring in this week, and i'm still disappointed

may as well bring back campo and birdman too - thats how mediocre we're going

Even Barrett is fed up. But until we get a new coach, there wonā€™t be any such conviction from our coach - he doesnā€™t have the killer instinct that lethal had. Remember lethal was an elite player (perhaps the games best ever) who needed to win. Nicks was a tryer, which is reflected in his selection policyā€¦

IF ...​

in this corresponding round 10, 23 years ago, Leigh Matthews forever transformed the Brisbane Lions with his "if it bleeds, we can kill it" line directed straight between the eyes of the reigning premier Essendon ...

THEN ...​

there's the motivation for the Crows to finally snap out of near misses and disappointment. This season's reigning premier, Collingwood, awaits them at the MCG on Saturday. The Pies are bleeding badly. Injuries everywhere. Let's see what Matty Nicks and Izak Rankine and co. have got. No. More. Excuses.

Even Barrett is fed up. But until we get a new coach, there wonā€™t be any such conviction from our coach - he doesnā€™t have the killer instinct that lethal had. Remember lethal was an elite player (perhaps the games best ever) who needed to win. Nicks was a tryer, which is reflected in his selection policyā€¦

IF ...​

in this corresponding round 10, 23 years ago, Leigh Matthews forever transformed the Brisbane Lions with his "if it bleeds, we can kill it" line directed straight between the eyes of the reigning premier Essendon ...

THEN ...​

there's the motivation for the Crows to finally snap out of near misses and disappointment. This season's reigning premier, Collingwood, awaits them at the MCG on Saturday. The Pies are bleeding badly. Injuries everywhere. Let's see what Matty Nicks and Izak Rankine and co. have got. No. More. Excuses.

Spot on - All you hear from the dimwit is useless platitudes and catch phrases like "System, DNA, Contest, Shape, Cohesion, Connection, Buy-in, DNA"

Never heard Nicks with any of his actual own thoughts (not AFL clichƩs he recycles) or speak in a way that inspires a killer instinct on the field.

Never heard Nicks with any of his actual own thoughts (not AFL clichƩs he recycles) or speak in a way that inspires a killer instinct on the field.
He may well be different in the changeroom ( I cant see it going too much outside the lines) but I would fall asleep and switch off

Spot on - All you hear from the dimwit is useless platitudes and catch phrases like "System, DNA, Contest, Shape, Cohesion, Connection, Buy-in, DNA"

Nicks spent good coin on that Big Book of Coaching ClichƩs and by god is he going to get his money's worth.

I posted 2 years ago the stark difference between Murphy's home and away record

And our selection panel ignore it or don't care
CategoryGamesKicksHandballsDisposalsMarksGoalsBehindsTacklesHitoutsFrees ForFrees Ag.
Home129.66.716.23.20.60.43.201.60.4
Away107.55.913.42.80.50.32.900.61.1
Home/Away Diff.22.10.82.90.50.10.10.301.0-0.7
Local139.86.516.43.50.60.43.001.50.7
Interstate96.96.012.92.30.40.33.100.60.8
Local/Inter. Diff.43.00.53.51.20.20.1-0.101.0-0.1

When I watched the Brisbane game a 2nd time I did appreciate that McHenry and Brodie actually played decent games. Didn't star by any measure, but thought they played their roles and easily their best games of the season. Given that, there was just no need to bring in an out of form Murphy, McHenry is playing that role fine and we don't need two of them! Schoenberg should have been such an easy inclusion here.

I also don't understand what you gain from playing Hamill at this point, Oscar Ryan is clearly the long term future in this role and has been in far better form at SANFL level.

Don't need to add to the Murphy/Ned pile on. It's futile, but I don't get the Hamill hate.
Same here. I thought he was very good against Carlton. He does have a tendency to drop his head into dangerous places when approaching the ball - hence his concussions, but he does have some pace, and reasonably good judgement and just gives us some quicker options off half back especially where opposition forwards are smaller. Borlase is fine against the larger, slower forwards, but Collingwood have few options in that area this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back