Prediction R11 Changes V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleary getting dropped wouldn’t be too awful if he was going to get back in soon.

But with Bevo’s form he won’t get another game till next year and that would really suck.

He has shown good form and deserves an extended run in the team.

I don’t think I’ll be able to make the game at this stage. Would anyone be interested in my seats on L2 wing? No promises yet but it looks like they’ll be available (for free).

Edit: Someone has taken me up on the offer. Tickets are now gone.

Last edited:
Would’ve loved for us to promote Arty. Even as sub to bring some pressure and creativity late. He has played some solid games in the VFL (despite goal kicking troubles)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I knew Bevo had to gift Scott a game this season. McNeil has already got one and Gardiner cannot get one because he has been injured most of the season. Can only hope he is sub.
Harsh call. I was thinking today that Scott would be a good selection so I'm not surprised to see him there.

Scott is a hard working player with a known (and not terribly high) ceiling. However he also has a fairly high floor. You always get an honest effort out of him and he has both experience and a mature body (but I'm not allowed to tell you how much he weighs). His recent VFL form has been good so I'd say he's earned the call up. Not "gifted" at all. It'll be a tough game against the ladder leaders so I understand why Cleary was omitted and why they have also held back the likes of Buss and Sanders.

My only misgiving is that we're now going to get a slew of Back to the Future memes on BF. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Would’ve loved for us to promote Arty. Even as sub to bring some pressure and creativity late. He has played some solid games in the VFL (despite goal kicking troubles)

This isn’t true. He took a couple of great marks but other than that he is having minimum impact. It wouldn’t be great for his confidence to go into AFL and not have any impact like he did last yr and come back to vfl with no confidence. He is slowly getting better at vfl level getting a few shot on goal however he needs to nail those opportunities, he also needs to get involved a bit more and get up to 12/14 possessions not 7/8. He also needs to be laying a few more tackles. He has the leg speed to impact defensive.
So my point is just let him improve and grow his self belief in the vfl.

Scott has been really good in the VFL. I’m one that feels he is good to have in that 19-26 range of player. Thought he was a big reason we got away from the waste of space in the twos last week.

Cleary is stiff, but can see why for team balance. He’s done his future no harm in the last couple of weeks (I think he was ok in the VFL prior to that, not great but far from bad).

Sensible selection. You’d think Gallagher or Scott goes sub and Daniel comes into the 22.

Bevo making a little more sense lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott was in the team regularly before injury I thought. ??
Yes he played 22 games out of a possible 23 last year. This will be his 58th career game.

Fun fact:
We have a 61.4% winning record when Scott plays.
We only have a 56.02% winning record when Bevo coaches.

Ergo ... :think:

Keep in mind that it’s likely Daniel who has come in for Cleary. With Cleary, we had 8 genuine defenders in the 22.

Bevo wouldn’t like playing the same player in that sub role multiple weeks in a row so Scott is a good solid mature option that can play across multiple lines if needed.

Scott in to do a defensive role on Blakey?
Does that still happen these days? I figure that coaches have too many techniques to negate that kind of tactic.

And besides, Scott wouldn't get within 5 yards of Blakey, especially on the fast Marvel deck.

More likely to try to drag him deep when he's up against one of the talls.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keep in mind that it’s likely Daniel who has come in for Cleary. With Cleary, we had 8 genuine defenders in the 22.

Bevo wouldn’t like playing the same player in that sub role multiple weeks in a row so Scott is a good solid mature option that can play across multiple lines if needed.
I think we’re still a defender heavy to be honest, so my issue isn’t with Scott. But what’s Bramble offer over Cleary? I’d much rather the class and composure of Cleary in that last spot than a butcher like Bramble, I’m just not sure what he offers yeah he has speed but he doesn’t exactly use it. Cleary has a bit of upside too that Bramble just does not have.

Overall it’s neither here nor there I just think it’s a waste of a spot when we could be finding out whether Cleary has a future without really losing anything on field

Sorry, I didn’t see anything good about Cleary’s performance last week. I wanted to post something in the autopsy thread but was expecting to be howled down, so I didn’t bother. So not surprised he was dropped.

But Scott as his replacement? WTF?

Sorry, I didn’t see anything good about Cleary’s performance last week. I wanted to post something in the autopsy thread but was expecting to be howled down, so I didn’t bother. So not surprised he was dropped.

But Scott as his replacement? WTF?
Scott isn’t his replacement. We have 7 defenders without Cleary.

Daniel will play a half forward/wing role and Scott is the sub will be my assumption.

I think we’re still a defender heavy to be honest, so my issue isn’t with Scott. But what’s Bramble offer over Cleary? I’d much rather the class and composure of Cleary in that last spot than a butcher like Bramble, I’m just not sure what he offers yeah he has speed but he doesn’t exactly use it. Cleary has a bit of upside too that Bramble just does not have.

Overall it’s neither here nor there I just think it’s a waste of a spot when we could be finding out whether Cleary has a future without really losing anything on field
Bramble has pace over Cleary. Bramble also has over 80% disposal efficiency (78.8% from kicking).

Not sure he’s the butcher you’re making him out to be. It seems you’ve been caught up in the Bramble is a whipping boy stuff.

My thinking too - run with role for Scott which Cleary is less suited to. So Caleb likely the Subway Sub (why they haven’t begged to sponsor the sub is beyond me)

Today's "ADF....Recruiting Now!" Collins class sub for the Dogs is Caleb Daniel. See an ADF enlistment officer today!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back