Superbad
Inbetweeners 1 & 2
Austin Powers movies
Deadpool 1 & 2
Spiderman 1,2,3
8 Mile
Green Street Hooligans

Spiderman 1,2,3
The first two are okay, but the third movie is Batman & Robin levels of terrible. Hilarious, but terrible.
WETlWnf.gif

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
1- Peep Show, so quotable and hilarious, the two characters are despicable people and the pov and internal diatribe leaves you thinking in Mark's voice.
2- Black Mirror, nihilistic and a total head *, love the twist endings and themes of societal destruction at the hands of modern technology.
3- US Office, love the characterisation, don't like the last few seasons though as much.
4- Seinfeld
5- Inbetweeners

Dunno about ordering them, and I don't think I can sum it up to five but here's my favourite shows ever

• Game of Thrones
  • Chuck
  • Orphan Black
  • Inbetweeeners
  • The Simpsons
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Black Mirror
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Torchwood
  • Veronica Mars
  • Firefly
  • iZombie

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Really gotten into Peaky Blinders recently, watched 2 seasons in a couple of days.

Spewing How I Met Your Mother got removed from Netflix! New season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been a bit disappointing, but The Inbetweeners never gets old
B99 should never have been renewed by NBC in the first place. Fox cancelled the show when it was on top, and that’s where it should have ended. Watch B99 get bad from here on in.

1554973391008.jpeg

but The Inbetweeners never gets old

I binged through the entire series over a week in the summer holidays, I'm not sure whether to go through them again or find something similar. There's a new movie on Foxtel called 'The Festival' that's created by the same creators and has the bloke who Simon in it, I might see what that's like

I binged through the entire series over a week in the summer holidays, I'm not sure whether to go through them again or find something similar. There's a new movie on Foxtel called 'The Festival' that's created by the same creators and has the bloke who Simon in it, I might see what that's like
Try “Fresh Meat”. Stars Joe Thomas (Simon) from Inbetweeners and Jack Whitehall from Bad Education.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
So the trailer for Star Wars Episode IX 'Rise of Skywalker' is out. Not too sold on the name yet but it'll probably grow on me like the Last Jedi did. Trailer actually looked pretty decent, much better than TLJ. Don't want to buy into the hype like last time but there's no way you could make a film as bad as TLJ so hopes are high but contained.

So the trailer for Star Wars Episode IX 'Rise of Skywalker' is out. Not too sold on the name yet but it'll probably grow on me like the Last Jedi did. Trailer actually looked pretty decent, much better than TLJ. Don't want to buy into the hype like last time but there's no way you could make a film as bad as TLJ so hopes are high but contained.

Plenty of ways you could make a film as poor as (or worse than) TLJ.

Hopes aren’t high, this arc has been poor IMO.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Plenty of ways you could make a film as poor as (or worse than) TLJ.

It would take a calculated effort to do such a thing especially after all the backlash from TLJ. The problem is JJ isn't even passionate about the project, he didn't even want to direct TFA. He's only here to wrap up a somewhat conclusive trilogy which was derailed by Rian.

It would take a calculated effort to do such a thing especially after all the backlash from TLJ. The problem is JJ isn't even passionate about the project, he didn't even want to direct TFA. He's only here to wrap up a somewhat conclusive trilogy which was derailed by Rian.
I really hope (and think they will) disregard a lot of the backlash that TLJ got. I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie but at the same time I don't want to see them change their direction for the trilogy just because some ******* is whinging on twitter, that's not a great way to go about any creative project.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I don't want to see them change their direction for the trilogy just because some ******* is whinging on twitter, that's not a great way to go about any creative project.
I do agree with this, however with Rian Johnson now out of the picture, whatever direction he was taking the trilogy (presumably into a dug out hole) now has to be rewritten by JJ so I think it's inevitable the story will change it's direction. Look at the trailer that just released for example, as a result of Rian taking out Snoke (to many in the audiences distaste), JJ now has to resort to digging up the old villain of the Emperor in some shape or form. I don't really agree with this decision but I can see that it's probably his only option apart from making a completely meaningless villain from scratch in a 2 and a half hour film.

Anyway, I'm pretty much just ranting to myself now but my point is the backlash has in some way already changed the direction of the film.

TLJ was a complete waste of a film in terms of narrative progression. There wasn't a lot in the film that happened that actually affected the overall Star Wars narrative in a meaningful way (blatant plot holes, lack of basic continuity and killing off three central characters in a pretty off-handed way is one way to achieve this). The fact that director Rian Johnson was the only person on the writing the story only exacerbated these issues that could've easily been fixed with a whole team working on it. A bloke on YouTube made a very in-depth analysis video of TJL here which explains mostly what I mean:

It's no doubt that JJ and the narrative team will have to shift and warp the story of IX in to something of substance after TLJ shitshow. Bringing back The Emperor and other aspects of the previous trilogy, however they may do so, is one way of doing it, though certainly not the way I would. Though with Johnson killing off Snoke in TLJ, they sort of have no choice. Johnson cut off any meaningful or interesting narrative possibilities in TLJ. This is why they will probably do a time-jump to separate the events of IX from TLJ just to get the story back on track. Episodes 7-9 were intended to conclude the Skywalker era of Star Wars which is yet to fully happen and hopefully JJ and the team will find a way to do so that is respectful of the characters, their past and the attachment fans have to them (Solo's death was a great example of this) and respectful to the previously established lore and rules that exist in the Star Wars universe.

Also as a side-note, no Rose in the trailer as far as I can see? Probably for the best as she doesn't contribute anything to the film, nobody has an emotional attachment to her at all and her relationship with Finn is so painfully forced and cringeworthy.

TLJ was a complete waste of a film in terms of narrative progression. There wasn't a lot in the film that happened that actually affected the overall Star Wars narrative in a meaningful way (blatant plot holes, lack of basic continuity and killing off three central characters in a pretty off-handed way is one way to achieve this). The fact that director Rian Johnson was the only person on the writing the story only exacerbated these issues that could've easily been fixed with a whole team working on it. A bloke on YouTube made a very in-depth analysis video of TJL here which explains mostly what I mean:

It's no doubt that JJ and the narrative team will have to shift and warp the story of IX in to something of substance after TLJ shitshow. Bringing back The Emperor and other aspects of the previous trilogy, however they may do so, is one way of doing it, though certainly not the way I would. Though with Johnson killing off Snoke in TLJ, they sort of have no choice. Johnson cut off any meaningful or interesting narrative possibilities in TLJ. This is why they will probably do a time-jump to separate the events of IX from TLJ just to get the story back on track. Episodes 7-9 were intended to conclude the Skywalker era of Star Wars which is yet to fully happen and hopefully JJ and the team will find a way to do so that is respectful of the characters, their past and the attachment fans have to them (Solo's death was a great example of this) and respectful to the previously established lore and rules that exist in the Star Wars universe.

Also as a side-note, no Rose in the trailer as far as I can see? Probably for the best as she doesn't contribute anything to the film, nobody has an emotional attachment to her at all and her relationship with Finn is so painfully forced and cringeworthy.

These sorts of YouTube videos were exactly what I was talking about in my last post. Not really sure why they need to be respectful to old characters, it’s this weird thing with some Star Wars fans, they chucked a hissy fit about this with the prequels and they still seem to have a problem with lucasfilm somehow ruining their childhood retroactively.

Yeah the Rose thing is exactly what I was talking about in my other post as well, the things said to the actress on social media were disgusting and I am glad that she is back for this movie, hopefully to trigger some folks. I didn’t have many issues with her character and she felt a bit like me as a fan of the movies (this is difficult to explain, but this is what I think comes off as cringe to some)

Yeah the Rose thing is exactly what I was talking about in my other post as well, the things said to the actress on social media were disgusting
Completely agree. Comments to an actress simply doing her job is despicable. I'm not sure if you understood me right in that I was referring to the character she played Rose as opposed to the actress herself. Clear distinction here is that Johnson wrote Rose as a horrible, one-dimensional and cringe-inducing character and she is undeservedly getting the backlash for it.

Not really sure why they need to be respectful to old characters
I'm talking mostly from a narrative perspective here as it's plainly obvious that Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill needed to leave the Star Wars scene at some point (and must have had to die off). They absolutely need to be respectful in their handling of doing so regarding the significance and weight such characters had over the events in the universe (and outside the film, on the lives of the viewers).

Just like changing the narrative purely over mass audience dissatisfaction is not a great way to go about a creative project, leaving in out-of-place story elements/characters that make the overall narrative weaker to trigger said audience out of spite of their dissatisfaction is not too great either.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
TLJ is easily the best Star Wars flick since Empire. Star Wars fans are massive babies. And it's always people who have a hard dick for Ewan McGregor's boring ass Obi Wan and s**t. How anyone can say with a straight face that any of the prequels are better than TFA or TLJ is beyond me. Those movies are so ******* bad man.

TLJ is easily the best Star Wars flick since Empire. Star Wars fans are massive babies. And it's always people who have a hard dick for Ewan McGregor's boring ass Obi Wan and s**t. How anyone can say with a straight face that any of the prequels are better than TFA or TLJ is beyond me. Those movies are so ******* bad man.
Because their story progresses logically, respects the previously established rules of the Star Wars Universe, follows basic continuity and narrative-telling conventions and is original? It's due to this that TLJ will be made obsolete anyway (like The Phantom Menace) once IX comes out.

Also Ewan McGregor's acting is alright? Nothing ground-breaking, but still. Not sure what warrants the adjective of "boring", then again you certainly could be trolling.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
How anyone can say with a straight face that any of the prequels are better than TFA or TLJ is beyond me. Those movies are so ******* bad man.
The prequels are bad but they at least they set out what they were trying to achieve in the first place, provide a conclusive story to the origins of Darth Vader. The backstory which sets up the cause and effect is rather convoluted at first but irons out in RTS, but at least it has one in the first place.

The new trilogy on the other hand provides no context for the events unfolding. Who are the First Order? How are they somehow more powerful than the Rebels (Now called the Resistance for a reason which is also not explained unless you read a book)? How does Snoke fit into the greater story? We have had 2 films which fail to delve into any of these questions and as a result gives me no reason to care about the story or the characters. And the characters are another minor issue. The only characters I can really connect with are Finn and Poe because they actually face challenges and overcome them in some fashion. And while I like the character idea of Rey, she is just boring. Everything goes right for her and she never seems to have any troubles. This isn't the actress fault, just bad writing.

If you focus on the great cinematics and shoe-horning old characters for nostalgia then sure, the new trilogy is great that's a subjective opinion, however to say they are good films in terms of how they are written, what are character motivations and what is the bigger picture then its clear cut that both films are just as bad as the prequels.

Back