Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Caden McDonald's ranking of current AFL guernseys. A few questionable ones but mostly agreeable.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Am I supposed to know who this is?
Also, GWS clash that high is questionable.
Probably not but he has a fairly decent following on his AFL Youtube account, and I believe he has done some promotional stuff with the AFL recently.
And yeah he didn't have the best criteria for judging the jumpers apart from "it's good on me eyes"

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Anyone know why the Storm vs Roosters game was at Adelaide Oval last night? Not really a rugby man so I don't watch it often, is there some kind of deal between the NRL and Adelaide Oval or is it just trying to build the foundation for future expansion there?

Anyone know why the Storm vs Roosters game was at Adelaide Oval last night? Not really a rugby man so I don't watch it often, is there some kind of deal between the NRL and Adelaide Oval or is it just trying to build the foundation for future expansion there?
Fairly certain it’s a Sydney Roosters thing, kid of like Hawthorn and Launceston, North and Hobart, etc.

Fairly certain it’s a Sydney Roosters thing, kid of like Hawthorn and Launceston, North and Hobart, etc.
Many NRL teams do this as a way of promoting the game. This is their final year at Adelaide, no signs of them telling us that they're continuing with it. They also play games at the Central Coast stadium. Manly also do this in NZ and usually have a custom strip to go along with it.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I don't even care if he leaves us but please please Kahwi please just don't go to the Lakers. Can't stand this super team bull s**t. I can just tell this kinda thing will spread to the AFL in a decades time.

I don't even care if he leaves us but please please Kahwi please just don't go to the Lakers. Can't stand this super team bull ****. I can just tell this kinda thing will spread to the AFL in a decades time.

Didn’t it already with Hawthorn?

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Didn’t it already with Hawthorn?
That team had some superstars in it, but most of it was built through the draft and good development. I don't think we have seen a team stack in the AFL like they do in the NBA.

But speaking more broadly, Our sport usually adopts certain quirks from the US Sports a decade after it's in. AFLX and all that junk is only the ripples. I am fully bracing for the AFL to dip it's fingers in the Lottery Draft system, completely ignoring it's flaws.

Anyway, I think im just ranting now. Please stay Kawhi.

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Had a look back at the old BLK thread and and saw this 2nd hand retelling of the original source:

Someone on the Richmond board says someone they sell to was told this by a supplier this morning.
I mean it's probably a fetch, but considering Andonis works at a sporting goods store, I honestly feel this rumour's got legs

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Is the street that this word came from connected with your place of employment?
Not the retail one...
plz tell us more
First runs of guernseys for clubs newly acquired are apparently free... And considering ISC have taken up shitloads of clubs and leagues................
I mean it's probably a fetch, but considering Andonis works at a sporting goods store, I honestly feel this rumour's got legs
:)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yeah he is a bit of a weird unit. My guess is that he's the only person besides Twistie who focuses on AFL content.
Caden McDonald is such a little shill. He seems to hero worship anyone connected with the AFL. Like why's he all of a sudden gotten all this credence?

On SM-G960U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess good on them though. It's pretty banal content though. There's probably a market for a couple of young blokes who like their footy and beers but those two are just so dry. Regurgitating the same tired hype around the same old players, discussing the trades everyone else does is just kind of lame. If they sat around and maybe took the piss a bit, had a personality, got a bit cheeky and had some disagreements it'd be some decent 'content' as they call it.

The AFL put them up in hotels and got em flights for a weekend though so really, I'm the dickhead for channelling my football anxieties onto Freo board bans.

Back