Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are your predictions for the Brownlow and the Grand Final and (state league GFs) ?

My tip is a tie in the Brownlow tomorrow night

Giants to get the win next week.

Collingwood to defeat Western Bulldogs in the VFL Women's Grand Final today.

Williamstown to defeat Richmond in the VFL Grand Final

Port to defeat Glenelg in the SANFL Grand Final

South Fremantle to defeat Subiaco in the WAFL Grand Final
You're doing well so far mate, keep it up.

Perth people...

Why are Subiaco so much better than the rest of the WAFL? I remember tuning into the second half of the GF last year and seeing a similarly lopsided contest. Have not seen a second of the WAFL since, but seems nothing has changed?
My understanding is that they did handsomely from the AFL gamedays @Subi Oval back in the day. Spun that into a culture and team that’s heads and shoulders above the rest of the competition. They’re an absolute juggernaut of the league and success breeds success. Most of the young talent is going Subiaco’s way as they want to win a flag, and being the most successful team this century makes that case for itself.

TPU5iXL.png

sneak peak at my next folio

And an even sneakier peak...

2AXxjcB.png

I tell you what - recreating monograms in vector format is an absolute pain in the ass, as is trying to find BBL club logos in vector - but, we got there in the end.

Essentially, going to be working on a full Australian Cricket portfolio covering the national team as well as the three domestic competitions. Probably won't have anything up for a while, especially with NAFL dropping soon, but I'm excited to get this all underway.

There's another one day cup game at the WACA on Tuesday featuring WA isn't there?

Victoria vs Tasmania tomorrow, then WA vs Tasmania on Wednesday.

Probably head to the WA/Tas game after work on Wednesday, see how we go.

I have an old KooGa document with the 2013 uniforms that contained both vectors for uniforms and BBL logos.

Oh nice!

I ended up using some Hobart Hurricanes media pack from 2017 or 2018 which had all the team logos there in vector, although releasing them from their weird groupings and clipping masks was a mission in itself.

You should upload that PDF though, it’d be a handy reference to have.

Oh nice!

I ended up using some Hobart Hurricanes media pack from 2017 or 2018 which had all the team logos there in vector, although releasing them from their weird groupings and clipping masks was a mission in itself.

sometimes, have a look at the fixtures PDFs.. they usually have vectors where you edit them on Illustrator.

Oh nice!

I'll try and find it around on my old PC...

sometimes, have a look at the fixtures PDFs.. they usually have vectors where you edit them on Illustrator.

That’s what I looked for, but most of them had the logos rasterised.

It’s all good though, the real challenge was with the TAS, QLD & SA monograms as I redrew all of them based on old match programs on eBay from the 1930s through to the 1980s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about the cricket, how about that victory from the vics!!!

Tasmania were sailing on 5/161 needing 5 runs from 66 balls but still Victoria won!! Victors by 1 run!!!!!
And I thought I'd seen it all after the BBL Final...

I have in good authority that umpires will receive medals this year as well collected on behalf of all umpires by one umpire.

Other news, it looks like Ray is umpiring too!

I have in good authority that umpires will receive medals this year as well collected on behalf of all umpires by one umpire.

Other news, it looks like Ray is umpiring too!

They did that last year, I think for the first time. Must say I’m not really a fan. The thing I’ve always liked about the AFL presentation is that its all about the winning team. Its their moment and they deserve it. Hate watching other sports that have a line of delegates in suits shaking everybodys hand and medals for referees and runners up. It just drags on and really, if you’ve just lost a GF the last thing you want to do is go up and get a runners up medal.

They did that last year, I think for the first time. Must say I’m not really a fan. The thing I’ve always liked about the AFL presentation is that its all about the winning team. Its their moment and they deserve it. Hate watching other sports that have a line of delegates in suits shaking everybodys hand and medals for referees and runners up. It just drags on and really, if you’ve just lost a GF the last thing you want to do is go up and get a runners up medal.
Disagree, but it is also a quirk of our game

Has anyone noticed that AFL guernseys are showing up on dhgate now? I had no idea AFL was notable enough to make counterfeit guernseys of.

what astonishes me is how realistic they are aside from having weird-ass serifs on the ISC logo.

So tempting, not sure if I should wait to see if it goes cheaper...

Also, does anyone happen to know what the Collingwood members promo code is?
View attachment 754399

The promo code would be your member barcode wouldn't it? I know for the Cats signing in to your MyCats (membership) account or entering your barcode enables you to the 10% off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back