Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

A tad disappointed WA aren't seeing the Demolition Derby, would've loved to try and watch that. Great jumpers in a great game.

Hopefully Seven pull some matches from the vault every Friday night, Demolition Derby might be next for WA :cool:

I'm trying to think of matches I'd like to see in Victoria in the coming weeks but I've had that thing where you just can't think of any at all even know you know there's so many

Hopefully Seven pull some matches from the vault every Friday night, Demolition Derby might be next for WA :cool:

I'm trying to think of matches I'd like to see in Victoria in the coming weeks but I've had that thing where you just can't think of any at all even know you know there's so many
I got bored in a class today and ended up watching the 2000 Qualifying Final. I would definitely love to see that game again! Another one was Geelong V Melbourne down at the Cattery in 2005!

I got bored in a class today and ended up watching the 2000 Qualifying Final. I would definitely love to see that game again! Another one was Geelong V Melbourne down at the Cattery in 2005!

Watching us come back from 37 points down would be an interesting watch, the end not so much. How about Round 18 2018?

Hey folks, I see there is a new AFL game coming out - I'm not a gamer, I don't have any devices - will I be able to get it on the computer?
Also, what price are games these days?

I'll need something to kill time

Hey folks, I see there is a new AFL game coming out - I'm not a gamer, I don't have any devices - will I be able to get it on the computer?

The last one had a PC release so I imagine this will too. As for prices, the preorder was $100 at EB and $80 at JB.

The last one had a PC release so I imagine this will too. As for prices, the preorder was $100 at EB and $80 at JB.
Blimey

PC release will come a bit after the Xbox/PS releases unfortunately, but probably worth the wait to see if it's any good.

TBH all I want is a functional and somewhat-detailed season mode that I can feel satisfied dropping many years as a coach in to build the list up, etc
There's a guernsey creator too from what I heard, so this game definitely a step in the right direction in regard to features I like :)
Also heard you can set custom scenarios and stuff like in the old AFL Premiership games, pretty pumped for that

Until then, Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord coming out on the 31st shall get me through the rest of the wait.

A tad disappointed WA aren't seeing the Demolition Derby, would've loved to try and watch that. Great jumpers in a great game.
In WA we normally get old AFL games during the offseason on 7, Demo Derby always gets a spin. Seen it at least once a year since 2016.

PC release will come later, might as well just buy the previous AFL Evolution in the meantime while it’s assumedly a tad cheaper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PC release will come later, might as well just buy the previous AFL Evolution in the meantime while it’s assumedly a tad cheaper.
Speaking of which, does anybody here have Evo on PC and know the depth of it's "moddability"?
I've seen people can design completely custom guernseys, banners, ads around boundary, but what about things like league restructures, fixture updating, rule changing, etc?

Speaking of which, does anybody here have Evo on PC and know the depth of it's "moddability"?
I've seen people can design completely custom guernseys, banners, ads around boundary, but what about things like league restructures, fixture updating, rule changing, etc?
This seemed to be encrypted pretty well, I only played the demo on PC but it had a lot of files that you couldn't see in the demo so it would almost certainly be the same.
If you want a game that's moddable and has an in-game editor for clubs and leagues then Australian Football Coach 2020 on PC might be worth a look.
It's $20 and good fun in quarantine. Very mod friendly. I'm biased as I have a credit in the game (made the jumpers behind the screen for each team) but the Discord for it is very active so the developer is in there a lot updating everyone.
If you do decide to get the game there's a mod for official logos that I made but you have to fix each team's name.

Last edited:
This seemed to be encrypted pretty well, I only played the demo on PC but it had a lot of files that you couldn't see in the demo so it would almost certainly be the same.
If you want a game that's moddable and has an in-game editor for clubs and leagues then Australian Football Coach 2020 on PC might be worth a look.
It's $20 and good fun in quarantine. Very mod friendly. I'm biased as I have a credit in the game (made the jumpers behind the screen for each team) but the Discord for it is very active so the developer is in there a lot updating everyone.
If you do decide to get the game there's a mod for official logos that I made but you have to fix each team's name.
How does it go with custom leagues?

So from some digging you can make an International League, an Australian League or a state based league and can have anywhere between 1 and 24 teams.
1585354889271.png
When you make the league all the teams have pre set names
1585354951402.png
However the editor gives you full control. Because I have a file called Geelong.png in the logos folder it has given me the Cats logo, however if I put a file in the folder called Geelong Bats.png it would display that. But yeah full control over everything except the stadium unfortunately, but they all have the team name in them so it's not bad at all.
1585355090402.png

So from some digging you can make an International League, an Australian League or a state based league and can have anywhere between 1 and 24 teams.
View attachment 848126
When you make the league all the teams have pre set names
View attachment 848128
However the editor gives you full control. Because I have a file called Geelong.png in the logos folder it has given me the Cats logo, however if I put a file in the folder called Geelong Bats.png it would display that. But yeah full control over everything except the stadium unfortunately, but they all have the team name in them so it's not bad at all.
View attachment 848129
This is awesome! Would you say even for an early access game it's worth the 20? The interface doesn't exude confidence, but I'm willing to give that a pass if it functions well as a manager/simulator.

Could I get an invite to the discord? That's cool as that you were able to help out, I feel like it's a small enough community who own the game so feedback can be more directly received and implemented.

This is awesome! Would you say even for an early access game it's worth the 20? The interface doesn't exude confidence, but I'm willing to give that a pass if it functions well as a manager/simulator.

Could I get an invite to the discord? That's cool as that you were able to help out, I feel like it's a small enough community who own the game so feedback can be more directly received and implemented.
The developer is adding patches almost daily and it's incredibly feature-packed so I'd say definitely it's worth the 20. Considering your big-budget management games like FM20 are 70 something bucks it's definitely a better game than the price would suggest. I find the UI, even though it's not the prettiest it definitely
And as for the discord, here's a link

I have an assignment which I wanna get done asap but I just wanna sit here and play rugby 08 all day
Don't do it, say the NBN crashed hahaha

Anyone got AFL Evolution 2?

Does it have a create a team/player function? What are they like? Usually these games have that sort of thing but I've heard nothing so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back