Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Cockney is by far and away the worst and most annoying of the many many English accents.

Scottish accents rule though.

Ulster accents are great, but some of the Irish ones suck.

Obvs South African analysis is correct.

Cockney is by far and away the worst and most annoying of the many many English accents.

Scottish accents rule though.

Ulster accents are great, but some of the Irish ones suck.

Obvs South African analysis is correct.
Brummie accent is the best English one. Scouser one is okay.

I have a mate who is an old cockney. Left London over 50 years ago.

Said when he left E London he trained himself to speak in what he said was an "English Airforce Accent" and ditched the Cockney one cos the class system is so entrenched over there that a Cockney accent will disqualify you from jobs, spots at uni etc etc. Every now and then when he's drunk or stoned he slips back into it ... quite funny sounding.

A bit jealous of a guy who used to go out on a Saturday night and pick between bands like Zepplin, Pink Floyd or Ian Drury before he started the blockheads.

Hi fat content and easily digestible. Usually only old people got fed them in the old days. At least around here.

Like how up in the hills in the Golden Triangle opium was for old folks who couldn't work any more but had earned the right to a comfortable last few years

These two ideals ain’t mutual exclusive.
He can be guilty and still be an orchestrated hit job or guilty and financial supporting organisations are simply backing away from a toxic product.
Or he can be innocent and the above two options still both stand.

In my experience thou, a lot of the same people who have been making a mountain of money whist protecting/sheltering him from criticism, are the same ones who are bailing off now because they know the true extent of the problem.

Yeah that’s been my position from the start.

Like how up in the hills in the Golden Triangle opium was for old folks who couldn't work any more but had earned the right to a comfortable last few years
Same with pot in the sub continent.

Oh and religious festivals and sadhus.

Brummie accent is the best English one. Scouser one is okay.

I have a mate who is an old cockney. Left London over 50 years ago.

Said when he left E London he trained himself to speak in what he said was an "English Airforce Accent" and ditched the Cockney one cos the class system is so entrenched over there that a Cockney accent will disqualify you from jobs, spots at uni etc etc. Every now and then when he's drunk or stoned he slips back into it ... quite funny sounding.

A bit jealous of a guy who used to go out on a Saturday night and pick between bands like Zepplin, Pink Floyd or Ian Drury before he started the blockheads.
The Geordie accent for me, love it. The old words of Yorkshire folk - the, thy, thou, the t in front of all things Barnsley .... going t'shop, for example. The Cockney accent can make you sound "well common", which is not a good thing. Mind you, it can be just wonderfully piss takingly funny as well, and pretty cool. The Rolling Stones new album for example - Hackney Diamonds. The Brummy one used to do my head in, not as much as a proper posh one though.

1200x0.jpg

Hackney Diamonds :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It begins.... Musk got his approval...

Neuralink’s First-in-Human Clinical Trial is Open for Recruitment

Has some amazing and at the same time terrifying applications.

It begins.... Musk got his approval...

Neuralink’s First-in-Human Clinical Trial is Open for Recruitment

Has some amazing and at the same time terrifying applications.

This game is set in 2027.

There is also a scene in a book called The Diamond Age. Someone hs a neural implant of some sort and it gets infected with unremovable malware showing ads in the persons FoV non stop 24/7. They last a week or something like that before they take their own life.

Should l Duck- Duck-Go " FoV ?
Field of View.

Tho technically in that story its information that gets sent straight to the visual cortex without coming thru the eyes. From the moment the information leaves your eye and enters your central nervous system its being processed and interpreted so that hack interferes somewhere along that pathway.

I like the context part that Musk has added under viral posts.

“This incident took place in Jordan, not Saudi Arabia. The video shows the tragic killing of Hamza Sattam Hamed Al-Fanatsa, the Groom at a wedding on 30th August 2023.”

Jesus, the Groom!

The bloke who did just got a whole lot poorer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back